Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 76 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:55 PM   #751
hboyles66
I have made Mr. Dean aware of this thread but I alos know that since the BCL death his or any animals I am aware of that he gave away, or whatever it was he did with them, have had any issues. There have been no post of his animals dying. Should Mr. Dean kill all the animals he has or that he gave away to friends. That is a hard on to decipher because Ashley has said the original report could have been wrong and she didn't QT the BCL correctly. Leads me to believe IBD has been in Ashley's collection before the BCL arrived he was just the first to go. Anyone agree?

Old 12-26-2010, 12:01 AM   #752
SakaraGT4
yes, I could and would keep and care for all my snakes even if I couldn't do anything else with them... If I didn't want to keep them as pets, would I not just put them down now whether they tested positive or not? I refuse to do that because unless they test positive, I will not put them down... IF any do test positive, then I will put them down immediately... But if they don't, then they will not be put down unless they later test positive... Even if the animal is asymptomatic, it should test positive if it still carries the disease should it not? Sure, I understand it could be missed as it has been stated previously, but figuratively speaking, shouldn't it still test positive even if it's an asymptomatic carrier?

Old 12-26-2010, 12:01 AM   #753
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakaraGT4 View Post
Did I not already say I was NOT going to breed? Yes, I did already say that...
NO..actually in your "STATEMENT" you said
Quote:
I am still not going to breed my animals this year... I will not be doing any expos this year... I was told to wait a year from the last death... Which, if you go based off of the BCL, it HAS been a year... But since my burm died in May, even though she and no others showed inclusions, I will still wait... *SNIPPED*.

We also plan in the near-ish future, to build an outside snake building... Keeping the boas and pythons in separate rooms in the building... Whether it be for breeders or just for pets, we still plan to do it...

Since you have pretty much just told people what they wanted to hear, and not the truth all along, and you made this statement, I'm inclined to believe you still FULLY intend on breeding your snakes.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:11 AM   #754
SakaraGT4
believe what you like, but I am not.

The last statement you quoted means that whether I ever breed snakes again or not, we will still be building a snake building outside... And it's not only for the snake perspective, it's also so that we don't have to use a room in our house for the snakes and can have a place that is JUST for the snakes...

Old 12-26-2010, 12:14 AM   #755
ShadowAceD
Asymptomatic carriers often do not test positive. The tests are geared to determine those that have the virus active. Asymptomatic carriers are just that, carriers. They are not active.

It's like HIV vs. AIDS.

Also? The odds of all of them testing negative is very much a possibility, especially when it comes to the boas.

Now, this is largely speculation based on ... well, everything we have here ...

As for Dean's collection. I do not think the BCL actually had the IBD, I actually think Ruby did. Regardless, Dean's collection should be on lockdown too.

Ruby came from a questionable background.

BCLs are stressful animals compared to BCI, especially as babies.

IBD also destroys juveniles much faster than adults so it is very plausible he contracted it when he came to Ashely's and died soon thereafter from stress activating it.

Ruby came in before the BCL. She died relatively soon after the BCL. Pregnancy causes immense strain on any animal. Stress is a key activator in IBD. Pyrometra just happening in a boa is virtually unheard of. If you do not believe me, put it in any search engine. The only results that show up for boas, are the threads you posted regarding Ruby's death.

I would have liked to see her actual necropsy report. I was also wondering why the pics of her necropsy did not show her uterus specifically.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:16 AM   #756
hboyles66
I am in no way standing up for Ashley in my next comment but just wanted to let everyone know. On Dec.23, 2010 Casperconstrictors has put on their site that all breeding has been stopped and that more info should be available soo. I also think they should add something about all the snakes they have sold and see if thay can get in contact with at least a few of them. That is better than nothing.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:17 AM   #757
RachelSS
Ashley I know you lost your external HDD but if you call your vet where you had the necropsies performed they can give you exact copies of the reports. Even the addendum that's missing for the Burm.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:19 AM   #758
SakaraGT4
Shadow, I think that you can see her uterus in the pics... And I believe I have a pic of the uterus holding the ova before my vet cut it open... I will re-look though...

Old 12-26-2010, 12:20 AM   #759
SakaraGT4
I will have to call him on Monday... I could call NW Path for the addendum on the burm... I'm sure they would still have it... I don't know if my vet does because he didn't do the path... They sent it to my vet and my vet called me and then sent me the report... The report looks to be an original and not a copy...

Old 12-26-2010, 12:41 AM   #760
Angel Rojas
I can bs on that jamp not being handleable, and u would also like to know why you lied and said that he was a 6 time proven breeder when I clearly told you that he was only bred twice

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd