Choosing a rheostat - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 02-28-2004, 06:42 AM   #1
Podunk
Choosing a rheostat

I recently purchased a rack system from AnimalPlastics and now I need a good, but cost effective, rheostat or thermostat. Anyone use one they are happy with, or now of a good one? I was thinking of using a ZooMed since they readily available and cost effective, but wanted to get some input first. Thanks for any and all help.

Podunk McRedneck

Old 02-28-2004, 12:22 PM   #2
Ballpythonboi
Try Hydor, or the bean farm

Hey,
Hydor just came out with a LCD rheostat that works pretty good. Also The Bean Farm has a $35 (Or around that price) rheostat that is supposed to be pretty good. There was another sight that made their own, but I cant seem to remember what it is called.
Steve

Old 02-28-2004, 07:23 PM   #3
Podunk
choosing a rheostat

Thanks Steve, I'll definitely check them out. I checked out the ZooMed ones today in a local Pet store and I wasn't impressed. I want something where I can get a better idea of where I'am placing the temp and not just a low, med, high setting.

Thanks again,
Podunk

Old 02-28-2004, 08:38 PM   #4
Ballpythonboi
Sure

I just got one of the hydor rheostat and it is pretty cool, It has a wheel that you turn to change the temp, and then the temp is diplayed on the lcd screen. On the left of the screen is the actual temp of the cage. The only downfall is that it only has 1 temp reader and one plug that you plug the heat element you want to control into. If you really want something good, get a helix, I wish I could afford them. You get what you pay for. Good luck,
Steve

Old 02-28-2004, 08:53 PM   #5
Podunk
choosing a rheostat

What Hydor model did you get? Most of the ones I seen seemed to be battery operated.

I agree about the Helix ones, I can't afford them either though. I do happen to manage a Plumbing, heating and air conditioning warehouse though where I can get a Rancor for about $35. That's what I may end up doing but I wanted to see what other people are using.

Thanks again,
Podunk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!