Need help choosing a new name... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-13-2005, 07:55 PM   #1
StinaUIUC
Need help choosing a new name...

I decided that I want to change my business name...partially b/c I don't know if I could get in trouble for using "Illini" in the name...and partially b/c I just want something more "mature." So now I need help....lol I have NO IDEA where to even start... Right now I just have the leos and do pet portraits...but in the future I may work with other species, so I'd like something that could take all of that into account. I just don't know what to do! Help me I'm pathetic!! lol

Old 06-13-2005, 08:02 PM   #2
A_Kendergirl
Ummmm....geckos and more?

LOL

I had a hard enough time with mine.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:03 PM   #3
StinaUIUC
But you came up with a great one! lol

Old 06-13-2005, 08:09 PM   #4
A_Kendergirl
I had it pretty easy, thanks to Gilean! My mind was already on geckos with smiles. I'm hoping he'll pass the pattern on...that would be super! If not...well then, I have a cute name anyway!

Old 06-13-2005, 08:10 PM   #5
StinaUIUC
Maybe I'll do two domains...one for the critters one for the portraits...I still don't even know where to start...lol

Old 06-13-2005, 08:22 PM   #6
A_Kendergirl
I'll eventually have a site for my artwork as well...and I think I'll have a separate site, but linked together. That way people visiting one site can easily get to the other.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:23 PM   #7
Milwaukee Reptiles
I kind of like that "Geckos And More", plus it appears the domain name GeckosAndMore.com is available. It leaves the possibility open to all gecko species... which would be the main focus, and the more part would the portraits and any other families of reptiles you end up getting. I also like FireGeckos (firegeckos.com is available), but it's kind of close to Hot geckos, plus it doesn't leave much in terms of other services... I don't know.. I went all lazy on my name.. but it works, there's nothing like it, and who can't remember the name of the 22nd largest city (I think) in the US? lol

Old 06-13-2005, 08:23 PM   #8
StinaUIUC
I think I just want to do one website...but have two domains attached to it.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:28 PM   #9
A_Kendergirl
That's not a bad idea. I was already thinking of buying grinninggeckos.com to link up with grinning-geckos.com....just in case someone has a keyboard with a non-functioning "-". LOL....or incase they just forget to put one in there.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:31 PM   #10
StinaUIUC
Brian...Well my main focus right now is the leopard geckos...but in the future I'd love to have snakes and possibly other lizards (gecko or non-gecko) as well...and the leopard geckos might not be the main thing anymore... So I kind of want something with reptiles in general. I actually like your name...I would possibly do smt location related, but I dont' know where I'm going to be in the future!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!