Bad Guy LLL Reptile-Beware! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #51
Eric Favez
[quote=
And Scott, you present yourself as someone with a high level of professionalism and integrity, is it possible, however slight, that 1 of your employees sent out a less than 100% healthy animal and then tried to sweep this issue under the rug without your knowledge when the animal showed problems?[/QUOTE]

Very nice...I didnt think of that. And I am seeing if I can pull my phone records up online....IDK if thats possible But I will try

Old 12-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #52
sincitydragons
well I'm done with this thread, as far as I'm concerned LLL has done everything a reasonable person would expect but as you said Scot some people just can't be made happy. Eric your right you very well could've missed the mites at first even if you did check them over but if thats the case how can you hold it against LLL they can't see mite eggs any easier than you can and rather than discussing an option to send it back to them you opted to try and treat the animal your self which means it's now your responsibility. I've been in the exact same shoes with other sellers in the past and know first hand that you have two options when you recieve an animal that is not what was promised for any reason..... You ask the seller to send another animal and cover the shipping thats needed right away or you take what ya got and be quiet about it. Your inability to speak up when appropriate is not LLL's problem. I've had people buy bearded dragons from me that I know for a fact were eating and healthy when they left me but I still get a call a month later because "he hasn't eaten in 3 weeks and he's losing weight rapidly" You know what I tell them, "you should of called me sooner" If the person is reasonable I will do what I can to help them but if they act like your acting well thats another story. The saying "You get more flies with honey than vinegar" would serve you well... Not that I'm calling you a flie Scott.... peace I'm out ya'll.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #53
LLLReptile
You guys - enough of this. Waste of space and time now.

David - in your own words, Eric is a big boy. He can defend himself, right? Why are you doing it then? You know first hand what happened to your friend? Our customers on here know first hand how we take care of people, so they are welcome to add their opinion here too, just like you....

2nd - I emailed Eric personally asking him about the time frame and more questions. His only email to me was to tell me more about how I am a liar. No response since that. I am happy to discuss further via email

3rd - I PM'd David to discuss his concerns. He sent a cordial reply back. We agree on some stuff, disagree on others, but overall, he is definitely the reasonable one.

Last - hopefully last guys. We are open 7 DAYS A WEEK. We have a 24/7 voicemail, email, fax, whatever. You can ALWAYS notify us with any concerns.. I am still willing to discuss this further with Eric, but OFF of this board, like adults. I still truly believe that what Kate did for him was more than fair. He thought so as well until he didn't want to pay shipping. That is what this boils down to. Even David - his friend said he was going to purchase more animals from us until he found out that we wouldn't pick up his friend's shipping charge. So both of them are ok with our animals, but want the $34.95 picked up? If that is truly the case, then email me back Eric. But this just makes me want to shred the credit and not bother at all. It is over you not wanting to pay shipping. Other than that, you were 100% happy with how everything was handled up until that point, and again, admitted that both parties were partially at blame - hence the $80 dollar credit being agreed upon as a fair solution.

Like I said in my very first post - the bottom line is you can't please everyone. I will continue to try though.... Email me back Eric, and I am more than happy to calmly listen to your entire side, and see if there is anything further I can do.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #54
alexestrada17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitydragons View Post
well I'm done with this thread, as far as I'm concerned LLL has done everything a reasonable person would expect but as you said Scot some people just can't be made happy. Eric your right you very well could've missed the mites at first even if you did check them over but if thats the case how can you hold it against LLL they can't see mite eggs any easier than you can and rather than discussing an option to send it back to them you opted to try and treat the animal your self which means it's now your responsibility. I've been in the exact same shoes with other sellers in the past and know first hand that you have two options when you recieve an animal that is not what was promised for any reason..... You ask the seller to send another animal and cover the shipping thats needed right away or you take what ya got and be quiet about it. Your inability to speak up when appropriate is not LLL's problem. I've had people buy bearded dragons from me that I know for a fact were eating and healthy when they left me but I still get a call a month later because "he hasn't eaten in 3 weeks and he's losing weight rapidly" You know what I tell them, "you should of called me sooner" If the person is reasonable I will do what I can to help them but if they act like your acting well thats another story. The saying "You get more flies with honey than vinegar" would serve you well... Not that I'm calling you a flie Scott.... peace I'm out ya'll.
VERY WELL SAID!

Old 12-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #55
sincitydragons
by the way, I hope this works out amicably for both parties and have no ill will towards anyone and if I've been anything but objective my apologies to whoever feels that way. The great thing about the BOI is that some times another perspective can open ones eyes to what they didn't see previously.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #56
DavidBeard
Scott, you are missing the point entirely.

I realize that not ALL of your animals are subpar. Never said such a thing. Thats why i was willing to make a purchase from you, providing the issues with Eric were dealt with appropriately. Now, seeing the way you treat customers when issues arise, I have nodesire to purchase anything from you. Its the POINT of it all....if the $34.95 is not a big deal as you claim it to be, why not just cover the shipping and have a happy ending? I think I know why.....because the almighty dollar has a grip on your mentality that has led to being pretty shortsighted. I can tel you right now that your refusal to cover the $40 shipping has cost you several hundred dollars in missed sales from myself alone. I hope it was worth it in your mind to stand behind your policy. If so, thats totally fine.

Stop insulting Eric through private messages to me. If you don't have the courage to say what you say to him, do not send it to me. You will not be met with a welcoming attitude. You keep harping on acting like adults and present a front on the board of a nice, well spoken gentleman. When in private you insult someone's intelligence and don't even have the gall to tell the person you're insulting yourself! Thats what I call the textbook definition of a coward. Or two-faced...whichever you prefer.

I also think that a few people could use some brushing up on their math skills. Maybe a calculator would help? In my book, $80-$40=$40.....not $80.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:20 PM   #57
KingBowser
All I know is anytime I have ever made a purchase from LLL, they are *extremely* good with communication. They also have a stellar reputation for fixing any kind of problems brought to their attention...

Old 12-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #58
ShiffyAME
i would just like to add that i've made many purchases from lll reptile in the past for both supplies and animals and have only had 1 problem which was quickly resolved. Unfortunately it was with an animal and not supplies and occured on the day after the warranty on the animal expired. The first response was a question asking for me to describe my enclosure, temps, humidity, etc. I sent an email answering the questions and quickly got a second response from lll reptile stating that my husbandry was spot on and considering 1 of the animals survived in an enclosure identical to the one that died the problem must not have been on my end and they made good on the deal regardless of the warranty. Considering this more than fair i wouldn't expect them to take a loss on shipping when all they had to do in the first place was send me an email refering me to the tos that clearly showed the warranty had expired. I would think such actions would make them a good guy in the hobby and not a bad one. Not only will i continue to use lll reptile in the future this thread just reminded me i need to place an order on some supplies with them. thanks LLL

Matt Shifflett aka shiffy420

Old 12-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #59
DavidBeard
I'd also like to point out that none of the aforementioned good experiences has any bearing on THIS thread whatsoever.....in fact, I'm not quite sure why they are being posted. Why not post your experiences on an existing thread or start your own thread?

Old 12-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #60
ShiffyAME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
I'd also like to point out that none of the aforementioned good experiences has any bearing on THIS thread whatsoever.....in fact, I'm not quite sure why they are being posted. Why not post your experiences on an existing thread or start your own thread?
um i did

matt shifflett aka shiffy420

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!