Info Reptiles Express - interesting situation - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #131
debbieprice
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Now, this right here is a BIG RED FLAG to me. I learned from the other shipping situations to NEVER let anyone that is not guaranteed safe to have my credit card information.

By "guaranteed safe" I mean the private information is controlled and there's insurance of some kind if that information is compromised.

What controls does RE have in place, Debbie? How can potential customers verify those controls BEFORE giving out credit card information? Who on your end has access to that information?
By "guaranteed safe" I mean the private information is controlled and there's insurance of some kind if that information is compromised.

What controls does RE have in place, Debbie? How can potential customers verify those controls BEFORE giving out credit card information? Who on your end has access to that information?
__________________Deborah
Our site is a secured site The 3 owners and myself are the only ones with excess to your Credit Card or any other information you put on your application.

See I told you guys before...Smoke and mirrors. So now in order to have proof we must first apply for an account. Andy__________
The procedures are simple to become a member you must first fill out an application , then I send you the terms of agreement(these were done up by the lawyers on both sides) after I receive it back I will contact you if any other info is needed.
If nothing else is required then I authorize you and you can then make shipping labels.
There are no smoke and mirrors and I think Brendan and myself have been very transparent We require a C C ON FILE (this is outlined in our agreement) in case there are charge backs from UPS In other words if you say a package weights 1# and it weights 3# Ups will charge back to us the increased price and we will then charge you.
I have only had to do this 2 times in the 9 months I have been involved in Shipping Services. I do not just charge a customer I first contact them. As for the waiver I again will state become a member (it cost nothing) It is then available to you .We do try to control whom receives it but yes Kevin it can get in the wrong hands but A label with the matching info on(company name) it can only be made by a member.
I hope this clears up any questions .I am always available email or phone if you have any problems or questions. My goal is to supply a service to help my customers get there non venomous reptiles to there final destination as healthy and happy as they are when they leave. NO smoke No mirrors just customer service

Old 08-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #132
TripleMoonsExotic
I've got to say, Debbie was great to deal with earlier this week when I had a messed up label. I had expected to have to leave a message and wait a couple hours for a call back, but Debbie picked up right away. Everything was corrected within 15 minutes of my call and the little Leopard Gecko was on her way shortly after (to arrive safely the next day). I'm jealous of Brendan and RE...I could only hope to find such a great Customer Service rep for my business.

Old 08-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #133
chamgirl99471
Couldn't agree more... she responds right away no matter what's going on. The time I called she had two other problems at the same time but still took care of my situation along with the other two.. she's definately Multi Tasking and great at what she does

Old 08-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #134
dturner100
All right I think a point needs to be addressed. It has become so convenient to easily ship snakes to the point where we consider an application process "smoke and mirrors". Could it possibly be that by putting your credit card on file with RE ( which I have, and am an approved member ) you are taking responsibility for your future actions? You lie about the weight of a package. You pay for it. You ship mis-labeled hazardous materiels. You pay for it. I'm sure you get the point.

Anyway I know everybody has the right, and reason to be doubtful of a new business in a field that's screwed us all before but SO FAR reptiles express has been nothing but helpful, professional, and up front with every step.

I personally trust that RE will keep us informed if there is a problem with the shipping waiver. So I've got faith.

Hell Debbie emails me every time there's any kind of mis-information.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #135
chamgirl99471
I have yet to see an instance where Debbie or Brendon have failed to come on this site and put up with the ridicule and questions without being professional and upfront about EVERYTHING! They are not trying to hide behind anyone.. they are very well respected by those of us who are approved through them. They have shown nothing but courtesy and respect to all the members on this site and have been level headed and honest throughout every statement that questions their intengrity! As far as the Credit Card on file.. It's a secure site and Yes.. I agree with Dustin... It's just their way of making sure that those who use their services take responsibility for mistakes that they may make in weighing, labeling or misrepresenting their own packages. They have given us their trust in weighing our packages correctly and allowing us to print our own labels rather then having to stand at the UPS store/ Hub or what have you and wait for them to weigh and label the packages for us. They also give a VERY Substantial discount compared to usual UPS Rates which helps A LOT of us in the long run!

Any questions that have been asked of Debbie or Brendon are answered quickly no matter what it is, which is apparent in this thread alone not to mention the other threads on this site.

This is just my Opinion so take it as you will... I support RE and will until they give me reason to turn away from them! They are great people offering a Wonderful service to those who will respect the company for what it is.. NEW!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #136
Angel Rojas
The application part is not what I'm calling smoke and mirrors, it's the physical proof of this so called waiver. All I've seen is a copied email text of this "waiver" which is something that anyone with half a brain could type up and make it sound believeable. I am in no way putting down this business but this waiver thing just seems too wishy washy for me. Correct me if I'm wrong but in order to have such a waiver, doesn't an agreement and an account with ups have to to established first? Which brings me right back to my original question, if this so called waiver was posted on here, how could anyone that is not authorized to use it, print a label and ship out with it. The label and the waiver should go hand in hand right? Wouldn't that persons package be rejected because the shipping label does not match the accounts? And who in their right mind would just print out a label without RE or just through ups just so they could ship a snake with just that waiver. I've shipped with ups before and it is VERY exspensive without the help and discount that these companies like RE and SYR provide.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #137
chamgirl99471
I have shipped snakes and everytime I print out a label.. I print out the waiver... the waiver is attatched to the account that the label is attatched to which is RE. Some people do not have a Credit Card or are too young to have a CC so they wouldn't be able to sign up for an account with RE and have access to said waiver. If you need to truly see that this waiver exists and actually has a signature then sign up for an account and print one out... It's a no brainer.

There is no reason for them to have to attach the waiver to this thread to prove a point.. the point is.. people that have an account with them and are shipping snakes through them are real! They have explained everything on this thread and are truly working their butts off to keep this going. They are trying to give everyone the privelage of being able to ship snakes at reasonable rates!

Just my .02

Old 08-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #138
Shadera
Catharine, they should hire you as their spokesperson. Just due to your number of posts on this thread. Seriously, you love them. We get it. lol

I'm very interested in hearing how this plays out ultimately. SYR opened themselves up to a lawsuit with that email they sent around to thousands of people, most of whom are probably RE customers now, I'd think. You've gotta be verrrry sure of what you're saying before you go mass emailing something like that.

And since everyone is discussing labeling boxes, I write "live harmless reptile", and place a detailed invoice into an invoice pouch on the side of the box. Never once have I been given grief over it by shipper employees.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:26 PM   #139
TripleMoonsExotic
You've also have seen countless Fauna members who are also RE members verify that the text copy that has been made in this thread is what the waiver with the UPS logo and signature of the Director of Dangerous Goods. Do you mean to imply that we are all lying?

I really don't understand why this continued beating your heads against the wall with this. This is RE's policy. If you don't like it, simply don't use it.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #140
monitors007
I am in the process of signing up and just got my "package" of all the guidelines and not holding them responsible for this and that and you do as I say or you will be punished and banned and so forth and so on...blah,blah,blah. I think everyone should reread all the stipulations with this company again before signing anything or agreeing to it cause there is alot of red tape in my eyes and doesnt seem like they will truly stand behind you if something does go arie and you will pretty much be on your own. This is great that Debbie backed you up this time but the company is new and trying to get any and everybody to sign up due to the SYR travisity and the irresponsible shippers that broke the laws and ruined it for all of us that are responsible and law abiding shippers and people in general and we are the ones that are getting punished for it! I say, lets keep an eye and ear out and see exactly what comes about with this new venture, reptiles express, and see exactly how they respond and if they will at all here or elsewhere to show that they are legit and not just a flash in the pan or feather in the wind that will be here for us one minute and gone the next...My opinion only and just want everyone to know that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!