Charlie-Delma Mutchler - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-19-2002, 12:57 PM   #21
Jimi Hunt01
No no, we don't have the same name.  I posted that e-mail wrong.  The e-mail that sats "scalsandtailss" is mine.  It was the original message, he replied to it, so it came up at the bottom of the e-mail.

Old 03-20-2002, 02:32 AM   #22
nakers
Wow!  I had my suspicions. I have two Desert Kings  for sale at $20 each that he emailed me on. He was very upset when I told him it would cost him about $45 to ship to Alaska. I informed him thats what they charge comming from Rockport Texas to Alaska. He droped the deal right away! I phoned him that night and smoothed things out. I told him I would reserch into the cost on the shipping and that I could probably get a better deal out of Corpus Christi Tx. Now thats a 30 min drive from my house. I told him no problem! I just want to do him right and that my intension are not to rip him off on shipping. I even told him that if I could not get the shipping down to $35 that I would pay the difference. He was OK with that. The Next day I emailed him a cost of about $34 for shipping. He was OK with that and said he will send the money in about two weeks because he had to get his truck fixed first. Well! its been over a month and I have not heard from him. I guess the truck is not fixed...LOL! I don't like to nag, but thanks for the warning all.    John Rhoads.

Old 03-20-2002, 08:32 AM   #23
Neil Gubitz
John....What company charges ONLY $34 from Texas to Alaska NEXT DAY AIR??? Airborne would be AT LEAST $50-60!!
Also, John....think about what you just did?? Even though you LUCKILY didn't go through with it...

YOU...

1. Are ONLY charging $40 for TWO snakes!
2. At MOST, you would make $15-$20 profit!
3. You DROVE 60 MILES (round trip) to get a better rate on shipping!!

Gas ALONE cost you $5, your time in driving there costs $$$, etc., etc....

You could have given him $10 off the shipping....STAYED HOME!! and STILL made the same amount of profit without doing all that driving??

I realize you were trying to be "nice" to a potential customer?? But, there ARE limits??? Think about that the next time....

You could have had a WHOLE EXTRA HOUR to help me get rid of poop-laden, Iguana skeletons?? hahaha ....Neil

Old 03-21-2002, 03:06 AM   #24
charlie delma mutchler
hey folk's, i have been gone just got back and found i can get on here.so where to start.
first off i am not looking to bash anyone nor mak anyone look stupid.but i dont like the way that mr hunt has used this here site to slander me. yes i got 2 veild's from the man yes they got here and yes they died.after they sat for 5 day's at  the po. i had told mr gilstrap that is who i thought i was dealing with but later found out by mr hunt telling me that he was the one that i had been talking to all along.and after giving the impression that mr gilstrap owned the buisness.by e-mailing in the man's name and me sending the m/o in his name as well.led me to believe that mr gilstrap owned the buisness. so be verry careful what mr hunt put's on here.
   i had told them that if they were dead that i wanted them re-placed or money refunded.that was all i said about that.i have told mr hunt , the way my wife had told me . she was mad and i had not seen the box nor the animal's she had said that they had died and she threw  them in the trash. i told this to mr hunt and he blew it out of proportion.i have since tried to explain to the man that i told him what was told to me.he goes and make's thing's up. like i buy the animal'
s they come and i claim that they are dead get new one's for  resale. that was a good one. i cant imagine that even working out. i also told mr hunt that if he wanted to take me to court let's go.i also told mr hunt. to stop harrassing me well i consider what he has done here to be more than harrasment.i have been in the reptile sene for 12 year's and this being the 2 run in with a dealer.this is not bad. the other is out of california , the man never shipped to alaska and i had told him how to ship. he then informed me that he knew how to ship. i told him any way. cardboard bor w/ styro inside, heat pack's in with the snake's.he put's the heat pack's in between the box and the styro.3 day's later 2 are dead and 2 are barely hanging on.i tell the guy in calif. and he get's ahold of mr hunt. and get's indignant. and say's that he will not send me any refund.so i said that i was taking him to court and i am doing that.i have no regret's, i have told mr hunt that i expect nothing in this life to ever be free. not now or ever.i would buy more off of him. but would not be looking for nothing free.ya see folk's he dont tell you this.he put's the stuff out of anger and frustration on here.i am not mad at the man. but i wished he would have been man enough to walk away and leave it alone. not this.i have tried in vain to apologize to the man. he twist's it around and throw's it back. so i give up.yes if i can get a better deal on something i will try. if i cant then that is ok as well.i ask people if they can work with me.if yes this is good, if no this is still good, ya see i hold no grudge's. mr rhode's,  said that in his article that i made a deal and never went thru with it. at that time his wife i believe was ill, i then had to go thru some  hardship's  in the family.i do apologize for leaving you hang like that.that was wrong and verry un-proffessional of me.i do apologize for this..and mr scharphorn thankyou.you folk's have a nice life and let go of this...thankypou.....

Old 03-21-2002, 06:29 AM   #25
jim scharphorn
Charlie please explain  what happened with the shipping you state something about the box at the p.o for 5 days ?
Jim

Old 03-21-2002, 11:30 AM   #26
Pennebaker
that was a little confusing to read...

1st--why was the box at the post office for 5 days?  if a box is late, someone needed to be tracking it--wasnt there a delivery attempt notification?  you cant expect a refund if you didnt pick your box up for 5 days.  

2nd--as far as i know from everything i have ever had mailed to me or mailed off (live animals, objects, etc) if you are going to make a claim to get a refund (death, broken product, etc)--you need proof.  for most shipping companies, you have to produce the actual package so they can see the packing job to determine who is at fault.  
you had to know you would at least need photos--otherwise, can you imagine how many people would just claim "dead" "broken" to get a refund--we cant make it that easy.  

Dana Pennebaker

Old 03-21-2002, 12:37 PM   #27
Jimi Hunt01
Charlie, first of all, you told me the lizards were at the post office for 3 days in the first place.  Second, just last week, you told me the chameleons were alive and healthy...  I sold them to you a month ago, now they died 5 days later?  I have never signed any e-mail with anyone's name other than my own.  I had you send the Money order to Gilstrap because it was more convenient.  What does that have to do with this?  I called you, and gave you the tracking number.  According to the post office, you received the e-mail the day after the chameleons were sent.  You changed your story in your BOI post, as well as changing it in the e-mails.

Old 03-21-2002, 01:10 PM   #28
Crystall

That is a picture of the ball python Jimi sold me. Looks alive to me! As have all of the animals I buy from him! He has fine animals! I see them about twice a week and havent seen any dead! I know Jimi would NEVER send anyone a animal!
Oh, btw, if his dog ate it isnt that considered neglect?
Just wanted to point this out, Ive seen Jimi ship most of his animals, none are ever dead! The only dead animal ive seen Jimi with is either a mouse or rat!
So this guy can.....well, I wont go there.:-)

Crystal

Old 03-21-2002, 01:15 PM   #29
Crystall
Correction: i meant he would never send anyone a DEAD animal.
my mistake.

Crystal

Old 03-21-2002, 02:31 PM   #30
charlie delma mutchler
fist of all it is not hart to get a snake in a box and you say that you see him mr hunt quite often i would say that you are really good friend's. and you would put a good plug in for him.but crystal, if the man had any integrety it has left him,you dont go using another man's name and then saying that there was nothing wrong with that.and mislead people, is that the way it work's in texas. i dont know. but about the 5 day's. shipped on wed. arrived late thurs night, friday holidayclosed, sat and sun. i had told the guy in california  this but he would not listen i sent pict'sw and he sent them back dated and stampet on the pic's from the camera. yes there was a tracking # i was tracking them but they dont alway'sscan everything. but i let the guy know when i got them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!