San Diego Vivarium and IBD - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-28-2002, 10:32 PM   #81
bssnakes
THE BOA KING "CAGLE" HAS SPOKEN !!!!!
EVERYONE BE SILENT AND DROP TO YOUR KNEES !!!!!!

Old 03-28-2002, 11:04 PM   #82
Neil Gubitz
Bill....seeing as you're on-line...I've got some SERIOUS questions for you....I KNOW (by all the posts) that you have a SEPARATE BUILDING you use for quarantine....from what I understand, THAT's where you kept the "possible" IBD-infected snakes, correct?? My questions are these....Have you shut that building down? Have you sterilized the place? Are you STILL quarantining NEW snakes in the SAME building?? I'm NOT implying! I'm simply asking?? Obviously, you can see where I'm going with this?
BTW...Say HI to L.B. for me, and tell him I have NO hard feelings AT ALL! ....Neil

Old 03-28-2002, 11:09 PM   #83
Dave Lawson
I do not know Mr.Cagle or Dale Picola I have never bought a thing from either one (I will not)I will not buy from Dale P. because he has stopped selling  I know to be true not because Dale told me but because I know a man that was who was geeting ready to send money to Dale for a het. Boa and Dale called the deal off.I will NEVER buy from Cagle do to the fact that he does not care enough for the people that he sells to to simply explain that  I.B.D. Boa was at his place or to take a break and stop selling for a while but instead says nothing and take a gamble with everyone collection and brags of it by saying "I WILL continue to sell lots of Boas each and every week" What I think he should add is the part where the chance for I.B.D. is free of charge,So anyone the is thinking of buying from Cagle well GOOD LUCK now spin the wheel.

As far as the manager/owner of Pet Kingdom saying no one ever sold a boa with I.B.D. out of my store well hell Bill do you think that if he did he would admit it  I don't think that he is that dumb.You want to threaten people with lawyers you better feel lucky that everyone  of your clients over the past couple month don't get together and sue the hell out of you along with the people that they sold to and so on no to mention all the different sites that you have posted boas for sale on,See they have some responsable for letting a broker who is  known to have a I.B.D. poss. boa use their site to possibly spead a deadly plague acroos the country.You are wrong but your inflated ego will not let you do the right thing,You do have a reputation but every time you open your mouth it keeps getting worse.

Old 03-29-2002, 12:14 AM   #84
BILL CAGLE
Hey Dave, I think everyone already knows about your credibility, need I say more? I know you will never buy a boa from me, I only sell quality boas to quality people. You state above that Kenny and Bill would have to be ignorant to admit to selling IBD boas. Maybe you need to read the post and get your facts straight before you get on here and make yourself look stupid again. Dale told us all that Kenny Mosher admitted to selling Trinidad boas with IBD. This was Dale's ignorant statement, not mine. Maybe you and Fred went to the same school, because it's obvious you both are very uneducated. Why don't you two fools address the real issue? Alot of people are out a lot of money because of Dale Picola. Dale made a mistake and is trying to lay it on everybody involved: Pet Kingdom-Bad Guy, Matt Hunter-Bad Guy, Christopher Rowan-Bad Guy, Bill Bennett-Bad Guy, Kenny Mosher-Bad Guy, Dwight Cameron-Bad Guy, and of course, Bill Cagle-Bad Guy. Everyone is a bad guy. I see this pattern and so does everyone else. You guys really do need to get a life.

Old 03-29-2002, 12:58 AM   #85
HallsHerps
WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAA
there picking on me ... make them stop!!!! Bill you have the Balls of a bull and the brains of a piss ant . But i see you didnt acknowledge Neils question .... so just where do you keep all your new Possible %50 IBD boas? so did you spend alot on the decontamination of that prized out house?did you remove all the tanks & cages? Did you remove the interior walls ? did ya paint it ? what exactly did you do to it ? but yet you still dont see where you owe it to your PRIZED customers to inform them ?i have notived that a few of your Boas have been up for sale on KS ? Hmmmm ya hafta ask yourself this are they selling them due to the fact there scared they may haveIBD boas?? just things that make ya say HMMM!!

Old 03-29-2002, 01:19 AM   #86
BRAZ
BILL HERE ARE FACTS REGARDING PET KINGDOM AND THE TRINIDADS THEY OWNED. THEY HAD A BREEDING GROUP
OF TRINIDADS THAT WERE IN THERE POSSESION FOR APPROX.
THREE YEARS. BILL WE HAVE WITNESSES THAT SAW THE TRINIDADS IN PET KINGDOMS BREEDING ROOM ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS. WE KNOW OF THREE OF THE TRINIDADS DYING
OF IBD.IT IS POSSIBLE MR. BENNETT DIDNT KNOW THAT THEY WERE BACK IN HIS BREEDING ROOM.OH I AM SURE HE
KNEW THERE WERE BOAS BACK THERE,BUT MAYBE DID NOT KNOW THEY WERE TRINIDADS.I AM SURE KENNY IS GOING TO COVER HIS HINEY BEST WAY POSSIBLE. THE PROBLEM IS
HE SOLD A GENTLEMAN THE LAST SURVIVOR OF THE GROUP.
A DIGITAL SHOT WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE SOON. IVE SEEN THE ANIMAL PERSONALLY, AND IT ISNT PRETTY. IT LOOKS
LIKE A CONTORTED JELLY ROLL GOING IN THREE DIFFERNENT
DIRECTIONS.ONE OF THE TRINIS WAS TESTED FOR IBD,
AND CAME UP POSITIVE. I KNOW WE HAVE BEEN OVER THIS
BEFORE BILL, BUT I GUESS YOU NEED TO BE REFRESHED.
WHY HAVENT YOU COMMENTED ON THE TIGER BOA THAT YOU BOUGHT IN ATLANTA, AND TRANSPORTED HOME WITH THE SURINAME BOA THAT I SOLD YOU THAT DIED FROM IBD.
YOU KNOW THE SAME TIGER BOA YOU HAVE BEEN POSTING
SINCE THE ATLANTA SHOW. YOU KNOW THE ONE YOU SOLD LAST WEEK.....YOU ARE SELLING BOAS THAT HAVE BEEN
EXPOSED TO OTHERS THAT ........ WELL YOU KNOW.

Old 03-29-2002, 09:57 AM   #87
Dave Lawson
Bill,why don't you answer the very direct questions that have been laid before you?What did you do to your building after you found out that you had a snake in it that had I.B.D.? What did you do with the other snakes that were in the building with the I.B.D. Boa? Did you sell then? Destroy them?seperate them or did you just do nothing Because you are Bill Cagle and you don't have to?

I guess it is easier for you to pass the blame on to everyone else but the fact is clear that no matter how you got it you had I.B.D. AT YOUR PLACE,aND YOU ARE DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT.I will say this one more time The manager of Pet Kingdom will never admit to sell a I.B.D. snake just like you won't.

Bill your very mistaken about credibility I do think that you are very wrong (I sell lots and lots of snakes each and every week and according my math at is one more lots than you)I guess what Bill I have yet to sell a possible Het. for I.B.D. AND UNLIKE YOU I will be a man and do the right thing.You credibility is sinking and you know it,You ,me and everyone else knows that you sales are going down hill.

Old 03-29-2002, 10:20 AM   #88
HallsHerps
Check out kingsnake ... Boa Bill has  Reduced Poss Het  for IBD hell who knows it might even be a dbl HET for IBD  just imagine the possibilities you could get !!! You could Pay his"reduced" price for poss Het and DBL your killing power!!
just thought id bring that up to anyone who is thinking of gettin a new plague in there collection id definately buy from him because we all know he has the potential to have some of the best IBD het screamers going right now !!!
and those my friends are THE FACTS
wat to go Bill Cagle
:disclaimer i in no way have represented his sales to be definate hets for IBD but just as with any hets you are taking a gamble !!!:

Old 03-29-2002, 02:31 PM   #89
CFRB
This has gotten way out of hand,  I would have never posted Matts results on the boa if I knew it was just fueling a bunch angry people looking to lash out at Cagle. Jealousy, yea me to. Anyway I did it for Matt to try to get a refund since Dale showed no surprise or concern to the findings. With the reports coming in at an alarming rate, Dale had no choice but to quit selling and right a disclaimer to avoid pay backs. If this makes him a hero or a great leader on whom should do what you need better role models, I suggest someone, which there are plenty with a good track record.  As far as IBD goes,  it comes with the species, a boa can be a carrier for years not showing any signs. It has also been theorize that it may, even be in the genetic make up but lie dormant until a stress factor becomes to great. As an active member of the Central Florida Herpetological Societies, under the leadership of Wayne Hill,  at the time,  we provided $30,000 in funding towards research for Elliot Jacobson.  I have set through a number of discussions on the subject and  feel fairly knowledgeable . He said the major hold back on the study other than the funding is a source of boas for tests that can be considered free of the disease. I feel that improper husbandry was to blame for the spread at Dales, whether mites, housing , conditions , or all of the above.  All boas should be housed separately, Duplicate caging and furnishing should be used . Caging should be nonporous type, no wood. Caging and furnishings are sterilized and rotated, example 2 cages labeled #1, 2 bowls labeled #1, etc. this prevents cross contamination. All new arrivals no matter were the source should be routinely sprayed for mites until first shed. Hand washing should be done between the handling of animals and furnishing. Quarantine areas are a must,  and an intermediate area is recommended. I feel that any disease can be dealt with safely if the proper measures are taken. If this was not the case there would be nobody working in Hospitals, Veterinary Clinics, research labs etc.. If you are working with boas all specimens should be considered carriers, and any introduction for breeding etc. is a gamble, remember boas can carry the disease there whole life with no side effects. In captive breeding the offspring do not have the natural die off of the weaker species, coupled with inbreeding, as with the morph species and inferior feeders,  all relying on our husbandry practices.  This is a formula for  weaker animals  and more diseases. Anyone who feels that an animal with the disease entering a collection that is properly set up with safety measures intact poses a threat to the industry is in need of more education on the subject. But any person how does not follow the safety measures, and husbandry issues is a  threat. One mans failure in the containment of the disease is not a cause for alarm in another's collection, and is just a shift of attention to someone who happens to have one of the finest collections of true redtails in the country. If you want to assemble a collection of this magnitude then get started. You are wasting time trying to shut down a man who does a lot of work to maintain,  and collect the highest quality boas he can find and has done this for his whole life. If  you are concerned then work together,  teach each other, be cautious, and no the risks involved, education is the key.
The real Herp Community is a group of caring people who main focus is species survival through education, concern for habitats, and captive breeding.  It is not a group of people who are unhappy and looking for reasons to make personal attacks on others.You are ether in or out , if your in you should be proud and I consider you a great asset. If your motives are to spread your hate then you are not needed in our hobby.
Chuck Barker

Old 03-29-2002, 03:14 PM   #90
AZTEC FRED
"All that is missing from the above post is a matching set of"
                             Pom-poms.

Fred

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!