JEFF KOWALSKI/EXOTIC & AQUATICS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-02-2003, 09:55 PM   #1
TWINSTATERPTILE
Thumbs up JEFF KOWALSKI/EXOTIC & AQUATICS

WELL EVERYONE,
I WANT TO POST ANOTHER GOOD GUY THREAD!! AFTER DEALING WITH JEFF KOWALSKI OWNER OF EXOTIC-AQUATICS OUT OF MICHIGAN. I HAVE TO SAY HE IS A GREAT GUY ! ALL HIS ANIMALS ARE IN GREAT HEALTH ! HE HAS MANY SPECIES AVALIABLE AND IF HE DOESNT HAVE IT HE WILL GET IT FOR YOU!! I HAVE RECIVED OVER 30 ANIMALS FROM JEFF AND WOULDNT HESITATE TO GET MORE . IN FACT I PLAN ON GETTING MORE FROM HIM. HE IS WILLING TO WORK WITH YOU AND FOR SOME REASON IF THERE IS A PORBLEM HE IS RIGHT THERE TO MAKE IT BETTER!! WELL EVERYONE DONT HESITAT TO DEAL WITH HIM ! YOU WONT BE DISAPOINTED!!

WELL HAPPY HERPING!!
BRANDON DYKE
OWNER OF TWIN-STATE REPTILES

Old 04-02-2003, 10:23 PM   #2
NEWReptiles
THATS GREAT, IM GLAD YOUR DEAL WENT WELL! ITS NICE TO SEE GOOD GUY POSTS! ALL THE BAD GUY POSTS GET OVER WHELMING AFTER AWHILE.

Old 04-04-2003, 07:10 PM   #4
Chance
Well, I would have something to say about Exotic and Aquatic reptiles, as I was extremely interested in acquiring some of their flying snakes, however they seemed to not be able to respond very well to e-mails sent to them regarding their animals. And if it's the same one I'm thinking of, a shipping price of $20 seems slightly suspicious, as shipping through any of the legal ground carriers (i.e. Airborne, UPS, FedEx), generally costs at least $25 to $30 for guaranteed overnight delivery. USPS might be cheaper, but then again it's a federal offense to ship snakes through them.

And Al, yeah, one would think Mr. Dyke would be a little bit more tactful about which nicks he signs his real name to if he wants to quit contradicting his identity. Oh well, I guess we are all tempted to post about ourselves once in a while to boost morale...lol.

Old 04-06-2003, 01:25 AM   #5
BAREPAPABEAR
Just a quick note here. In the above post it is said Airborne, UPS and Fed Ex are legal ways to ship snakes. Although not Illegal it is against the company policies to ship snakes thru any of these and if they find out they will stop and hold the shippment. You will lose the animals.

Old 04-06-2003, 03:03 AM   #6
Darin Chappell
Actually, that's not 100% true. There are several of us who have permission from UPS and/or FedEx to ship snakes through their services. It's just a matter of showing them a level of professionalism with which they can be comfortable, and jumping through their designated paper work hoops!

Old 04-06-2003, 10:10 AM   #7
BAREPAPABEAR
I will agree with that! I just don't want everyone thinking you can throw a snake in a box and its TOTALLY ok to ship thru Fed Ex, UPS or Airborne. In the post it says its "legal" but for the average person its not ok. I am just trying to clarify this for people.

Old 04-06-2003, 11:19 PM   #8
evansnakes
Just along those lines guys, it is the stated company policies of UPS and FedEx (I'm not sure about Airborne) to allow each region or zone management decide if they will accept animals or not. Since they do not guarantee any live arrival and do not specify service for animals it is pretty much irrelevant to most of them what you ship as they will not accept any liability for the animals, they will just refund monies if shipping is delayed. Evan Stahl

Old 03-26-2004, 01:42 PM   #9
jbouton
shipping through usps

i used to ship snakes through them all the time and they say its fine i just have to call a day in advance so they can set up a flight if you go to your post office they can give you a copy of their rules on shipping snakes. Although i will not use them anymore because they screwed up my last shipment so bad.
Jason Bouton
Naja-Kaa Exotic Pets and Supplies

Old 03-26-2004, 09:55 PM   #10
craig kade
Back to Jeff....

I have known Jeff for about 2 years, and buy from him whenever possible. He is a great guy, always willing to help someone out. As far as him being a little slow on the email with the flying snakes, he does have a job that keeps him busy. I would highly recomend him to anyone. Craig

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!