Wormmans customer service is horrible! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-08-2004, 07:20 PM   #11
Golden Gate Geckos
same issue...

I discontinued using them a while back for the sames reasons... crummy service, late or no deliveries, dead crickets, no answers to my emails or phone calls. I went through several rounds like the ones described in the previous posts, and what it boiled down to was having to wait for nearly 4 months for a refund after I told them not to bother shipping me any more feeders. Funny, they got that message just fine!

Old 01-08-2004, 07:29 PM   #12
WebSlave
Well, I've been ordering waxworms from Ken off and on over the last several months, and although sometimes they show up later than I would like them, I have noted that every shipment was actually shipped on the date they said they would be.

I suspect they need to change the shipper they use to ship their merchandise, in my opinion.

Old 01-08-2004, 07:41 PM   #13
vettesherps
I have been using BugCo for all my bug needs. They have been great. Prior to switching to them I used Timberline and they also were great. There were a few times when the crix came and several were dead but were replaced overnight at no charge. I order about 3000 crix every other week and around 500 worms at the same time. I also get my crix food and water from them.
No problems. Hope you have better luck than some of the others have.

Old 01-08-2004, 07:46 PM   #14
Steph Scranton
I have used reptilefood.com for a long time. On the occasion I had a problem, they fixed it fast....one e-mail, problem fixed. Even when the fault was with the shipper and not them.

Old 01-08-2004, 08:49 PM   #15
Jeff Linkchorst
I been using Wormman almost a year. the only problem i had was a box screen was damage. I sent an email and Donna replied promptly and even sent a replacement order. because of the missing crickets. I hope you get your replacements soon Joe...

Old 01-08-2004, 10:05 PM   #16
JeffMarjama
I've ordered from there a few times and never had any problems. The shipments were sent on the day it was promised to be and I got 97% live worms. They also replied to my e-mail very promptly. This account leads me to believe that maybe there was a shift in employment or something to this effect.

Old 01-09-2004, 12:32 AM   #17
Asuncion7
I've been using them for a while, but won't be anymore for the exact same reasons. It's unfortunate, their prices are great and from what I've received live, it too has been great. But the ridiculous delivery time, mistakes in shipping and then not shipping out overnight or even 2 day due to mistakes on their end, is too much for me. If I place an order it's because I need it soon, not 2 weeks from now.

Old 01-09-2004, 01:35 AM   #18
dvf1973
a couple of great places to use

reptilefood.com has been very good to me 10 bucks a thousand cricks, they do worms, red, meal, etc, thay also have a good variety of flies and that kind of stuff, theyve always packed well, clean, and precise, i also use a company alot called amrstrong cricket ranch in the south, the do a great service as well, they dont have a web site but heres their number 1 800 236 1325. my local pet shop couldnt keep up with me so he sent me there i have hd great dealings with them, call em set up an account, they will even ship for sat on friday as long as you get em before 4pm thats rare, they do cricks and meal worms i believe but not much more than that,

Old 01-09-2004, 02:15 AM   #19
MGReptiles
I have used wormman before also and had the same crummy results. I also am using reptilefood.com now, excellent customer service and fast shipping of LIVE feeders.
-Matt Graybeal

Old 01-09-2004, 03:00 AM   #20
Sybella
Of course the issues you have with customer service are valid, Joe...I was just trying to help you resolve it now that you're in this situation. I'm sorry if you thought I was justifying it but I wasn't. They really do need to fix their system!

Like I said, I've talked with Ken a number of times. He said that his business grew faster than he could keep up with it and they're really working on improving customer service. I too have received dead orders, half orders and once a double order 2 days apart! In fact, more of my orders were messed up than were right from the start. But, due to the wonderfully personal attention from Ken, I've been a return customer. I happen to think personal contact is worth a lot. I too was frustrated when I'd have to wait for my orders...my leopard geckos needed food NOW, not a week from now. I just made it a rule to order before I was out to compensate for any potential problems.

I haven't ordered anything in a while though...I finally got my mealworm colony going and since I'm allergic to crickets, I buy them a handful at a time at the pet store. 2k sets me off and I can't take it. I have been considering ordering some more wax worms though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!