Wormmans customer service is horrible! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-09-2004, 03:48 PM   #31
herpcondo
SOMETHING INTRESTING,,,

I just got off the phone with someone in the cricket industry,, and they told me that wormman also buys crickets, mealworms, and super worms from other growers,, he is acting as a jobber,, and that is why they ship from different places, and different times,,,
Well suffice to say my days with wormman are over,, if he wants to treat other like Crap and they will put up with lousy service then more power to them,,, it is so funny,, the guy i just decided to buy from,,, answered the phone on the 3rd ring,,, gave me a guarantee i would like his crickets or i did not have to pay for them,,, he is sending them before i even have to pay,,, Now That is customer service,, and he has not even got my business yet,, and he was happy to tell me about his facilities,, and how he raises his crixs,,, and how if there is ever a problem drop him and line and he will be happy to make it right,,,,
and pricing is great also,,,
1000-5000 14.00 shipped,,,
5000-up 12.00 shipped..
I am not gonna release the name until i try him,, but suffice to say if his crickets are anything like his customer service,, then this guy will be a winner for sure!

Old 01-09-2004, 04:15 PM   #32
Sybella
That sounds wonderful!! I can't wait to hear who this guy is!

Old 01-09-2004, 10:46 PM   #33
martyc33
Thumbs down I agree thumbs down for worm man

I ordered mealworms and it was just a hassle trying to figure out when then would be here. The sent out an email saying that they were shipped. They were not shipped until a couple days later. It was really hot outside so I had my wife stay at home to get them inside as soon as possible. Of course, she appreciated being at home over a week waiting for worms. It may cost you $2 more elsewhere, but it is definately worth it to get acceptable service. If you want to waste your time with a worthless company, then go with wormman! He has no business being in business. Very poor at what's important - customers!

Old 01-10-2004, 02:03 AM   #34
Ken Foose
I have been using the Cricket Factory out of Visalia CA for a few years now. I have about 95,000 crickets delivered to me every week, in two shipments. Apart from some fried crickets when it's over 110 degrees here, I have never had a problem with Dans service, quality, or prices. His number is 1-800-717-6627. He sells crickets for $10 per thousand. He does supply places like me, that buy in large quantities, but he preferes selling to hobbiests in smaller lots, 1000 here, 2000 there. I also get my kingworms from him, a bit higher in price then some for those, but it all comes at once to me, and is just easier that way. I really don't understand why anyone would give this worm place a chance after reading what I have been reading on this thread. Crickets literally pay my overhead. I would be hard pressed to stay in business if I had to count on a place like that. Give Dan a try, tell him I sent you. Mentioning me won't get you a price break, but hopefully he won't raise the price on you either!

Old 01-10-2004, 03:04 AM   #35
odatria
Heres a neat little story for you.

I used to use Dan the Cricket Man too, but I found this guy here in town that has amazing customer service. If your cricket guy can top this I would send hem a box of chocolates if I were you. I get my crickets from a guy here in Bakersfield Ca, that happens to live on the next street over from me. He is in his 80's and was the first person in the state of California to get liscensed to grow crickets commercially. He has been in this busines for so long that he sold old man Basset his first breeder crickets! Not the younger Basset, but his dad!!! I have visited his facility many times and it is super clean. He and his wife run the business together and they are the a great team. Now, heres where the customer service comes in. I dont have to call to place an order. He brings the crickets to my house and dumps them right in my cricket containers. In fact, he calls me at the end of the week or just shows up at my house to see if I need more! If Im not home, he lets himself in with the key I gave him to my front door. He puts the crickets away for me, admires my animals, and locks the door behind him when he leaves!!! I know this sounds crazy, but I consider myself incredibly lucky to have a food source like this. He is currently trying to sell his business so there is no telling how long this will last, but just knock on wood for me that the next guy will be half as cool as this one!

Regards,

Mike Durbin

Old 01-10-2004, 03:08 AM   #36
robin d.
i personally use grubco for all my feeder insects...
i swear if a bug could win a beauty prize grubco's would LOL... i have never seen such nice supers, mealies and waxies ever!!!!... they have very healthy bugs that are quality and last a long time if taken care of... i do buy crickets from them and as i understand it they buy theres from someone else however every single cricket i have gotten from them have been in perfect shape..... i have found no extra "bugs" or spiders in any of my shipments..... (if i did i would freak out)
i do though feed and gutload all my bugs, shoot i think they eat better than me lots of times LOL i say give the grub a try!!!
www.grubco.com
quality feeder insects

Old 01-10-2004, 03:47 AM   #37
odatria
I used to buy my crickets from...

one of the same people Marcia was speaking of. However, I dont think I will be buying from them anytime soon. Since this person is sue happy I will not post his name in this post.

My brother purchased 100 baby bearded dragons last year to raise up for a breeding project. They came from 4 different sources in nearly equal ammounts and the groups were NEVER mixed. Shortly after aquiring them he moved in with me and I personally witnessed them die, one after another, after another. Many of them grew up to maturity and died. Of the 100 he started with, he ended up with less than 20 animals. I couldnt believe it. It was like every couple of days another one was dead.

Now, before you jump to any conclussions regarding husbandry, I have maintained hundreds of adult breeders at a time and cared for literally thousands of babys a season while working for Tribal Reptile Company many years ago. Bearded dragons, when cared for properly, do not just die! Well, his did. My brother threw in the towel and gave me the custom cages he purchased for the project and vows that he will never breed reptiles again. It is so sad. Those animals were his babys and he took care of them so well.

So, what does this have to do with the cricket supplier? When I met Marcia while helping a mutual friend of ours with his reptile store in the bay area I was stunned at her story! It was so simmilar to ours that I was just shaking my head in disbelief. My brother sent sent the next beardies that died to have necropsies and even sent 5 that were not dead to be euthenized and have tests ran in hopes of saving the others. Well, in the end we found a magical cure for our dying animals. We found a new cricket supplier!

After changing cricket suppliers, we only lost one animal!!! So, it pays to ask for references when shopping for food for your herps. If you would like specifics, I would be more than happy to speak with you privately. But like I said, this guy has deeper pockets than I do so I will not be posting any names here.

Talk about extremes, If you want to hear about my new supplier, go to my post on the next page.

Regards,

Mike Durbin.

Old 01-10-2004, 04:00 AM   #38
odatria
That should have been...

the previous page, not the next page.

Mike Durbin

Old 01-10-2004, 09:54 AM   #39
herpcondo
Well it sure seems like there are some companies out there that will do teh right thing by the customer,,, and it is refreshing to know,,,and Mike you have a sweet deal for sure,,,,
I have never really had any other bugs in the box,, but
I had a shipmemt of crixs come in one time with a small mouse the the box,,, The poor thing had to have its nerves shot bieng covered in 2000 crixs for a day or two,,,
The new company i talked to i mentioned in a previous post up a few before this was recommended to me by Eric Lago,, and he has been very happy with the quality of feeders from this source,, so i may have just found a new soursce myself,, i am trying him this coming week,,

Some one did instant message me and say,, that they put up with the Bad service from Wormman,( yes he has had bad service also) because they take paypal,,, and it was easier for him to use paypal for his purchases,, so do any of these other companies take paypal..?

Old 01-10-2004, 01:07 PM   #40
Sybella
OMG, Mike!! I love your Bakersfield guy...does he ship?

Good question about paypal. I thought they all took it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!