Wormmans customer service is horrible! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2004, 10:27 PM   #41
Golden Gate Geckos
Me, too!

Hey, Mike, I wondered where you went off to. You were here and then you disappeared... anyway, I'd like to know who you are getting your crix from. Can you email me and let me know? Also, Joe.. please let us know how your new vendor works out. I am at wits end over feeders after all I've been through.

Maybe we can get some "Good Guy" posts on the BOI for a nice change!!!

Old 01-12-2004, 01:32 PM   #42
herpcondo
This is really to funny!
I placed a copy of the email i sent to Wormman.com here in this thread,,, i also placed a call on friday to them letting them know 100%of the crickets they sent me were DOA, and the cricket crystals i ordered were not in the box,,, so here is it,, 12:30 pm...
and no email reply,.,, also i have tried to call again this morning,, and there "mailbox" is full of messages,,,, so i cannot get anyone on the phone there either,,,,

I am enclosing quotes from there website,, and i just find this the funniest thing in a long time!

AND

We heard you! We have created more customer service hours to suit you better. We will have people answering our phones for inquiries, sales, or general help Mon - Thursday 10-5. 732-656-0369 You can write email anytime

If this is not a joke then i don't know what is:!!!!!!!

And like Was previously mentioned by someone i made sure to put ATTN: Ken in the Message box........

I am Gonna try and keep calling until i get a Human on the phone!

Old 01-12-2004, 03:36 PM   #43
herpcondo
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well,, i can finally say i am done with the wormman Fiasco,,,!
After i filed a complaint with paypal i got a phone call back in about 1 hour,, and they finally refunded the money for the portion of the order that was missing and DOA!!!
I am so glad to finally be done with wormman i am jumping for JOY!!!

And the funny thing is ,,, i never got a call from Ken,, or even an email from him,,, and he has not chimed in on this thread,,, after i told them in 2 emails that i left this thread,,,,

I am just happy to be done with Wormman!

I will never buy from them again!!!!!!!
to much headache if you do have a problem,,,

Old 01-15-2004, 01:34 AM   #44
Sybella
I wrote Ken today and not only did the message not bounce but I received a reply 4 hours later.

I wonder if there was a computer/internet/email problem with your accounts conflicting...?

Old 01-15-2004, 01:55 AM   #45
odatria
That still doesnt explain all the phone calls and messages that went unanswered. And even if that IS the case(which I highly doubt) it sure fixed itself real quick when he was made aware of this thread. Just my opinion.

Mike

Old 01-15-2004, 10:27 AM   #46
herpcondo
Hey Sybella,,,
I think the bottom line is,,, if they feel like giving a reply they do,, if they don't they don't,,,, i think it is so funny that after i filed a claim with payal they did give me a call in 1 hour,,, so i know they had been getting my emails as she had a previous email with what i was owed and had already figured out how much i was due! I told her i called the answering machine and it was full , and she told me oh yeah, we don't even check it until tuesday most of the time,,,, the bottom line is THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS BEING HAPPY!
Now if Ken would like to provide proof in the way of an email showing where he emailed me after i sent the email with the pictures showing the 100% DOAs and it has a time and date stamp later than that, i will be happy to give an apology where it is due! but they did not send and email or call at all until i filed the claim with paypal,,, as a matter of fact that is the only reason i even got a reply,,, here is an email i got with my paypal payment back to me:

You've Got Cash!

Dear SUNSET DRAGON RANCH,

R&K TRADING COMPANY just sent you money with PayPal.

R&K TRADING COMPANY is a Verified buyer.

Payment Details

Amount: $67.04 USD

Transaction ID:
Subject: refund

Note: We are square now, I hope. If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know. Also, please cancel the paypal complaint as this is now straight.

I wish all those who deal with wormman i wish you better customer service than i got! and Sybella,, if you get good customer service from wormman, then great,, and i am happy for you,, but my experience with them has been one of the worst i have ever had,( in the herp world) and i will provide phone bills, to prove the calls if needed, or anything else,,, to prove my point,, i am not gonna let my expereince with them be swept under the rug so they can treat someone else like crap, when i hope someone else can learn from the problems i had with them,,,, and i know it is not an isolated case,, as the lady up there when i inquired why the answering machine was full she told me it had 60 messages mostly problems, and they would get to it when they get to it,, Monday was there most busy day, and they had orders to go out.

I think the BOI is here to let people know who the best in the business are , who you can deal with with confidence,, and who has good business practices along with good customer service,,and also the worst,, and from my deal with wormman his customer service is for sure one of the worst!

Old 01-15-2004, 11:13 AM   #47
Sybella
Yes, of course. I have had trouble with Wormman too but they've always fixed it. The odd thing is, my troubles have never been lack of communication...which is the only reason why I posted. I didn't mean to press your buttons. Sorry about that.

Did you get your order from the other company you called? How did that go?

Old 01-15-2004, 11:58 AM   #48
herpcondo
Sybella,, please don't take it the wrong way,,, I have nothing against you at all,, i am glad you are part of this thread,, and you are not pressing my buttons,, i am just very very sure of what has transpired here with wormman, and Ken has shown how concerned he is by not even giving me the time to write an email, or contact me personally. he has not even chimed in on this thread,,, that should tell you how much he cares about it his customers. I sent them 2 emails letting them know this thread was here,, and they have yet to reply to it,,
I just think that kind of customer service is bull and i am gonna make sure everyone who reads this knows what transpired.
You know the thing is,, it was not even a great deal of money,, $110.00 is really nothing when you consider i spend $5500.00 a year on feeders alone,, but i strive to give outstanding customer service,, i will throw in an extra dragon sometimes, i will throw in 500 small crickets with a dragon order if they need some to get going, and i have people who call me all the time from dragons i sold a year ago,, to discuss breeding, hibernating, medical problems, or what ever, and i always treat them like they spent there hard earned money with me,, because they did... and no matter what, i am glad they keep calling because they are friends first off, they send there friends, and i want them to of had a good experience with me,, that is what it is all about,,
The people who treat people with respect, and do business the right way, rise to the top,, and the ones who have shoddy animals, and treat there customers like crap fade away,,
It is really just as easy to do the customer right as it is to do them wrong,, so why do them wrong...?

In the end i got a refund for the dead on arrivals and the missing part of my order, and here is this thread with thousands of people who have read it, and here i am totally pissed at wormman,, now i ask you if they had returned a couple of phone calls, and some emails would we be here right now..? they could have offered a refund or just returned a few calls and things could have been smoothed over,, as i understand things happen,, but what i don't undertsand is why you would treat someone who did spent there money with you like crap.. and that is my point,, things are gonna happen,, but it is how it is handled that shows a persons or companies true colors,,, How many negative threads do you see anywhere about Serpenco or Rich Z..? None , you know why,, he handles his business,, and treats customers like they should be treated,,, ( sorry to use you Rich, but i thought you were a good example). Now i am sure Rich has had problems in the past with animals, or customers,, but he handles them the right way,, as you don't see or hear anything negative about him,,, there are many people out there who i would send animals to and wait on payment til later, as i know they conduct business the right way,, and i know they are good for it,,, and people have done the same for me,,,
I guess it all comes down to for me,, treat people like you want to be treated,,, .

Old 01-15-2004, 03:03 PM   #49
Sybella
I understand. Thank you, Joe.

Old 01-15-2004, 07:45 PM   #50
Glenn Bartley
…..First part is for Joe Regan,

Joe,

I am sure surprised about all of this. I have heard some negative things before about wormman.com.; but also, I do remember other posts that also supported them. Those supportive posts seem to be very few in this thread – makes me wonder if I am taking a chance by continuing to buy from them. As for me, I have ordered numerous times from them, with one or two small problems that they resolved them to my satisfaction. Despite my getting good product and good service from them - I have to admit I am strongly considering changing over to another supplier because of the nature of the complaints here on the BOI. I may need to be knocked on the head from time to time to wake up and see the writing on the wall, but not this time as it appears all to easy to read.

I would like to try the supplier you are about to use, and would like the name of the new guy so I can order too. I am not all that sure about some of the others mentioned in this thread, except that is for the elderly gent and his wife who make in person deliveries but something tells me they probably don't sell over the net. So hey Joe, how about coughing up the new seller's name and contact info, so I can give him/her a shot also. I realize you will not be vouching for him/her or rallying against him/her – but just supplying a name and contact info. The guarantee they gave you sounds wonderful; so I am willing to take a chance with them.

Now let me address Mike Durbin for a moment,

Mike,

That 80 year old gent delivering them to you, having a clean business, delivering a great product, and building up your trust so much that you give him your house key, that is not crazy at all! Those types of thing were the good business practices of years gone by and, they were commonly used by deli owners and their delivery boys, butchers, bakers, milk delivery companies, newspaper delivery boys, TV repairmen, the Fuller Brush Man, the Avon Lady, the mailman, and even doctors (yes once upon a time that I remember they frequently made house calls). Those good business practices consisted of the seller doing everything reasonably possible and then some to please the customer. They include a good work ethic, they include good manners, they include courtesy and respect, they include TRUST, and they sort of include a lack of greed on the seller’s part – because if he was really greedy he probably would not have time to do all he did. Many of these are all qualities that many of us lack in today’s world when it comes not only to business, but to our personal relationships and even sometimes to our family relationships - whether or not we like to admit it. I salute this gentleman and the lady who is his wife and business partner.

You are a lucky guy to even know these folks let alone to be able to benefit from an ethic from a bygone era. I'll bet it is a wonderful thing – isn’t it? No it is not crazy – it is just the past still hanging on in this gentleman and lady. If I ever run a real business I can only hope that I treat my customers half as well as they treat theirs. Even though I don't know this particular couple -hearing of them and how they do business brought back some nice memories from my childhood. Those memories are of things that I don't think I would have ever thought about again (such as the Fuller Brush Man or the Avon Lady and other nice business people). Had you not told of how they keep some of the better aspects of the past alive those memories would have remained buried for me. Thank you too for sharing with us your experiences with them.

Please be so kind as to give them my warmest regards and my thanks.

Best regards,
Glenn Bartley

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!