Wormmans customer service is horrible! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-15-2004, 08:16 PM   #51
herpcondo
Hey Glenn,,,
I am happy to share this gentlemans name as he just seems to be a class act. Very nice people either Jim or his wife will answer, and he was happy to talk to me, and tell me about his facility,,,
i was a little off on the pricing i showed earlier in the thread,, it is as follows:
1000-5000 crickets 14.00 per thousand shipped,,,
6000-up crickets 12.00 per thousand shipped,,,
he also said if i ever had a problem all i had to do was let them know and they would be happy to make it right,, he told me he is not super big, but all of his customers are happy,,, a great man to talk to,,, and i will be ordering from him in the future for sure,,, and even the phone number is toll free,,,

1-800-691-8911

Old 01-16-2004, 03:33 AM   #52
dave1045
I also had NOTHING but trouble back when I was using Worm-man. Delayed orders and dead orders seemed to be the "usual" with them. But, to me what was the most irritating were REPEATED non-returned phone calls and e-mails. Calling 5-6 times and leaving the same number of emails with no answer, makes a fellow a little angry at times.

My thought was “at least pretend” to care about treating me fairly as a customer. Just once in a while “pretend” that you think customer-service is important. Just like MANY others that I have read about in this thread, I too was told “We’ll take care of this problem right away.” Yet 10-12 days later still no original order, or replacements on DOA’s. I know that some people have had nothing but great service from Worm-man, but a lot of us had just the opposite experience.

I now use “Bassetts Cricket Ranch” for all my crickets and superworms, and have not had a bad transaction yet.

Just my .02

David A. Blough

Old 01-23-2004, 02:05 AM   #53
JMelissaMc
I am fed up with Wormman too!

I am so disgusted with Wormman that I cannot see straight! I knew it took a while to get my order so I always tried to order in enough time to not run short. Even I wasn't prepared for today.

I usually mail in my order on a Wednesday or a Thursday and I get my crickets sometime the following week, usually Thursday. So I wanted to be ahead in the ballgame, so last Monday, January 12th, I ordered 2,000 and then the following day I ordered another 2,000 of a different size. Plenty of time for them to receive and process my order so that I get it sometime the following week.

Well, today was Thursday, 10 days after I placed the order and the last day to receive them for the week and I did not have any. So I called them after lunch when I realized that Airborne Express was not going to come. A lady did return my call about 1 hour and 15 minutes later. I explained to her the situation and she told me that both of my orders had just arrived TODAY. Now I know that the post office is bad, but they are not THAT bad. I told her that that was not possible because they were mailed on separate days and that my two orders must have been laying on someones desk going nowhere. She told me again, no they just came in today and they will not be shipping today because it is too cold and the orders will go out on Monday. I was totally disgusted. I was 99% sure that this was not true.

I order from Wormman because they are cheap. I guess that you get what you pay for. But I am really not saving any money when I have to go to the pet shop and buy crickets because of their slow service. I had to go buy $32.00 worth of crickets to get me through this weekend. I also had to buy some earlier this week because I was expecting the order sooner. I might as well spend 3 or 4 dollars more and get better service.

I want to keep buying from a supplier that is up north because the winters kill most of the pests and bacteria or viruses that can be in the crickets, so I think that it is safer to order from them.

Thank you for letting me vent!

J. Melissa McQuaid

Old 01-23-2004, 02:28 AM   #54
odatria
I just have one bit of advise for you...

No matter who you buy from, use PAYPAL! Then they cant give you the runaround. The money is there as soon as you hit send!

Just my two cents.

Michael

Old 01-23-2004, 06:03 PM   #55
Glenn Bartley
I actually prefer to use a credit card to pay if possible and not paypal. Paypal is ok by me, but charging directly always seems to work better, as the CC company seems to back you better in a dispute.

Old 01-23-2004, 06:26 PM   #56
dvf1973
agreed

i would have to agree with Glen, Paypal has never gotten money back for me in any disputes, my credit card companys always have, even using my cards through paypal as long as its that way and not electronic withdrawals,

Old 03-01-2004, 03:40 PM   #57
herpcondo
my phone bill proof!!

Hey All,, I had someone question me in an email ,,, about how many times i called Wormman,,, so i just figured i would post the
Phone bill for January that does not even include the calls i made in December to them,,,
take a look for yourself,,, 14 calls in total to them before i got this resolved and that does not even include Decembers Calls,.,,,
Wormmans customer Service is Crap!!!
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2004, 03:47 PM   #58
herpcondo
something else i did not put in that post,,,

I also forgot to include calls i placed from my cellphone..
( which don't show up on the bill, it is not itemized like the bellsouth bill).....

Old 03-01-2004, 04:07 PM   #59
Burma Boy
Joe Reagan

What is the actual price of those crickets you keep posting about?
Is it $12 per thousand? $14 per thousand? $15?
I am looking for a new supplier for crickets and superworms.
Worm man did'nt do so good for me either. Although my order was'nt entirely his fault.
Although I can say his customer service was good for me.
Let us know Herpcondo. I like those prices.
Especially the $12. Otherwise I'll stick with reptilefood.com

Rob Natalino

Old 03-01-2004, 04:39 PM   #60
herpcondo
Hey Rob,,,
I just sent you a Private message as there prices really don't have anything to do with this thread on Wormman!
thanks,
Joe

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!