Alert!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
perefalcon
Alert!!!!!

I've been having this Issue for a week or so now, a window pops up and says that the blackworm virus has breached my system and when I X it out it takes me to Amaena.com which tries to download winfixerpro and other popups start popping up all over.

If anyone else has had this issue I found the cure!!!!!! I did it myself and it's now gone, warning once you hit delete it does immediately shut down your computer so save all your info before doing so.

http://www.atribune.org

it's called Vundo Fix
Once you hit that, hit run and then "Scan for Vundo" once the scan is done hit the "Remove Vundo" button and then it asks you to hit "OK" to shutdown.

Since doing this I haven't had that popup come bak, and my computer is running normally again, I had run AdAware, Pest Patrol, Norton and none of them caught it!! From my searches, this is the only thing that gets rid of it.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:41 AM   #2
Scott Ashton
#######

Old 03-23-2006, 11:56 AM   #3
perefalcon
I figured that was what it was, I checked it out though I'd never try something on my computer unless I verified it, I actually found that link on a catholic forum, and after researching it for an hour, I found many other referances to that link, people were all raving about it and I never found anything on searches that said anything to the opposite. I'm just glad I don't have the inappropriate popups coming up again....

Old 03-23-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
Scott Ashton
#######

Old 03-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #5
perefalcon
LOL, I don't get paid but I'm paranoid too

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!