Is Airport to Airport cheaper then UPS/FedEx? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
Goanna
Is Airport to Airport cheaper then UPS/FedEx?

I am in NY and most of the reputable wholesalers I would like to deal with are in FL or CA. Last time I placed an order, it was shipped FedEx and wound up costing like $180 for next day air!

I tried looking on Delta's site and I didnt find much info regarding prices. But if it's cheaper in general then doing Private Courier shipments, I wouldnt mind driving 10 minutes to the airport to save some $$$. Not to mention the shorter duration being better for the animals.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Only Exotics
Probably but it all depends on the weight. Delta just raised prices again I just got in a dash shipment that was $106. Good thing is you can do up to 50lbs before they start charging extra. Image how much it would have cost if I had it sent Fed Ex etc!!!!

Old 05-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
Goanna
Was your shipment for $106 over 50 lbs?

Old 05-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #4
Only Exotics
Just under 20lbs. Essentially you are going to pay the same whether you get 1 styro box or 4 as long as you don't go over 50lbs the price is the same. Several years ago we were paying $70 for a Delta Dash but due to gas prices frieght has gone up with all the carriers.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!