Questions on a Corn Snake Morph....... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-23-2005, 04:50 PM   #1
Hoppy
Questions on a Corn Snake Morph.......

Hello All,
I had a question for the group on a Corn Snake Morph. This Type of animal popped up in my breedings a few years ago. The Color is just as you see it there, Bright red with an almost pastelish background color that develops more pinkish orange with age. It was produced by breeding on of my Blue Eyed Ghost Corns (Multi Hets for striped and Motley and a few other colors) to a very bright no white Hypo also a multi het from the same genetic back ground.
You can see the banded/motley influence in her. Her belly has few checks, but it dose have about 20% of what a normal corn would, with a lot of bleed over of the red onto the belly.
There is no Miami Phase influence in the snake, but there is some blood red (from the striped line). I had sent a picture over to Kathy Love (great Gal) and she thought that it looked similar to the Crimson Corns. Which is what I have been referring to it as. The problem is that it is not a crimson corn? I say that because there is no Miami Blood in the snake (or any of my collection except for some W/C Corns that I collect every once in a while. So please take a look and tell me what you think. I was considering calling it a Red Velvelt Corn snake (for lack of any thing else and because they seem to have a different texture to their skin then my regular corns.
I have produced a few of these each your for the past few years so I know it is genetic. Please let me know what you think and if you think it may be something already out there.
Thanks again

As a baby (about 4 months old)

As a 2 year old snake

Old 06-23-2005, 05:14 PM   #2
DAND
Have you bred two together to see what you get? Looks like a real clean hypo banded to me. Nice looking snake, that's for sure.

Old 06-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #3
PaulSage
I agree with David

It appears to have the colors of a crimson, but banded instead of miamied. (that's probably not a word, but such a nice snake deserves it's own grammar )

Old 06-23-2005, 06:41 PM   #4
Hoppy
I have not bred two of them together yet, I have been working on outcropping them a bit before I started breeding them back together. Next season I should have a pair that are ready to breeding together to see what they get.

Old 06-26-2005, 01:09 PM   #5
Hoppy
Belly Picture of the Banded Corn Snake

Here is a belly shot of her, with all the red checks and bleed over

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!