Crocodile and alligator question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Crocodilian Discussion Forum

Notices

Crocodilian Discussion Forum This section is for discussions pertaining to any and all topics concerning crocodilians.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:46 PM   #1
rare jewels
Crocodile and alligator question

Do they ever make roaring or growling noises when attacking someone like the movies on Syfy have them doing?
God bless, Jason Scott Irelan

Old 05-08-2017, 07:20 AM   #2
AdamHess512
No, when they attack they will "hiss", it's air passing through the gullet, the only time I hear a bellow or something along the lines of a growl, is when breeding season is in full effect. Syfy overdramatises to make things more exciting. Hope this helps.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:40 AM   #3
rare jewels
Thank you kindly, and it does help. I like your signature about kissing a rattlesnake if you believe love conquers all. Yes it's true that the only creatures that can touch a rattlesnake without one biting or trying to bite is a rattlesnake of the opposite sex. Bull snakes are immune to their venom, but Rattlers of course don't know that, and that doesn't stop them from trying to defend themselves by biting. There are creatures that can prey on rattlesnakes, but they're​ too quick for the snakes to bite them.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:09 AM   #4
JButera
A few gator examples.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:24 AM   #5
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarejewels View Post
Thank you kindly, and it does help. I like your signature about kissing a rattlesnake if you believe love conquers all. Yes it's true that the only creatures that can touch a rattlesnake without one biting or trying to bite is a rattlesnake of the opposite sex. Bull snakes are immune to their venom, but Rattlers of course don't know that, and that doesn't stop them from trying to defend themselves by biting. There are creatures that can prey on rattlesnakes, but they're​ too quick for the snakes to bite them.
Bullsnakes are not immune to venom but Kingsnakes are.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:22 PM   #6
hippie42
Sorry out of topic, how about red-eyed crocodile skinks? I'm sorry if I really newbie about the crocodile species and different kind of breed. I am not very sure, sometimes because of the size, I think this species is a mix between lizard and crocodile. I read the facts that male and female sound differently, between distressed and attract each other for mating. Anyone here ever had the experience to keep it as a pet?

Old 08-23-2019, 04:46 PM   #7
elena
They are not a mix of lizard and crocodile. There is no such thing. They are skinks, plain and simple. They are called crocodile skinks because their skin superficially resembles that of a crocodile. They are not crocodilians in any way.

As far as their care goes, they are not hard to care for, but they are not a good "pet" because they do not appreciate handling. They should be considered more of a display species.

Here is a comprehensive care sheet written by my vet:

http://www.exoticpetvet.com/red-eyed...kink-care.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!