please help..ne 1 know hillary harms or rob snyder.in bowling green oh? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-12-2004, 03:59 PM   #1
serpentboy78
Question please help..ne 1 know hillary harms or rob snyder.in bowling green oh?

hello.. my name is mike clark (www.serpentboy.com).. i really need some help /advice... i was just contacted by these ppl i sold them 4 03 speckled kings 2 albinos and 2 lavenders.... i was just contacted by her boyfriend whom she had me ship the snakes to.. and he is sayin that the box arrived crushed and one of the deli cups had the lid off and the the .1 lavender was not in the box... he also is telling me that i only put one piece of tape on the box ,when that is so very untrue those of you that read this and have bought from me b4 know i go kinda overboard on the tape to make sure the box is very secure... there is nothing they can say to make me feel that i did not put more than one piece of tape on the box.. or that i did not put all 4 snakes in the deli cups in the box..... the box looked like it had been stepped on.. i asked for pix the second i got this email... he then still said there was no holes in the box just a dent,that the snake could not have gotten out...so in other words i did not put the snake in the box... which is so untrue... i have never ripped ne 1 off and never will... i just dont conduct bad bizz..... she is asking that i send her 1/2 the cost of the so-called missing snake....? just wondering if i should... any advice would be gr8... and if any one has ever sold to or bought from these ppl b4. and know if they are honest ppl... thanx in advance.... MIKE CLARK... SERPENTBOY78@AOL.COM

Old 05-12-2004, 04:37 PM   #2
The BoidSmith
Who was the carrier? Did they tell the delivery person about the damaged box? Why don't you post the picture of the box?

Regards.

Old 05-12-2004, 05:28 PM   #3
sputnik
A few questions

Mike,

One thing you might want to do in the future is this. Personally, I photograph the animal being shipped same day it is shipped. 2nd I photograph the animal in the bag or container as it would be shipped and 3rd I photograph the box taped up, addressed and ready to go!

It's a simple 3 step process that stops shady people from making false claims about the health or state of the animal, how it was housed and stops people from making false shipping claims that the animal wasn't shipped right.

I know this is hard for people who ship a lot of animals, but it sure works for me.

Did he send pics of the box? It would be easy to damage a box yourself etc and then photograph it too. I wouldn't call pics of them sending you of the box 100% proof.

I'd post any emails they have sent you with the claims!

Quote:
he then still said there was no holes in the box just a dent,that the snake could not have gotten out...
He said this in an email?

Then if the snake was not in the container, it could not get out of the box. Means he lost it or you didn't put it in!

I'd also contact the carrier and ask if the package was or appeared damaged when delivered? Get something, an email from them with a statement by them saying yes it was damaged or no it was not.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:35 PM   #4
serpentboy78
Question I saved every email and all the instant messages... how do i post all of that.?

i shipped via ups for those who asked... just as 100's of other ppl ship ups... now i know there is a lot controversy about ppl shipping via ups .... i feel that is beside the point though.... i have shipped for yrs thru them and never have had a problem..... now i do have pix of the box.... im gonna try to post it here... they want me to send them 1/2 of the $ for the so-called missing snake.... could someone also help me out with how to post all the emails i got from them or the instant messages i saved.. is that allowed.?thanx for the help.. and from now on i will take pix of the snakes ,the sac,or deli cup,and the box.... any more info would be gr8...... thanx.. mike clark..... now look at the pic... would'nt you think the delivery man would of mentioned something about the box arriving this way..? what should i do..? should i send them the $$$ or stand my ground....as i truly feel this is shady..?
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2004, 07:11 PM   #5
sputnik
EMAILS

You should be able to simply copy the entire emails and paste it in here.

Looking at the box... minimal damage is what I'd call it. There appears to be a lot of tape used! Not just one piece either.

That being the case I'd be a little carefull how you tread!

Could be a case of the person opening the box LOST the missing snake.

Old 05-12-2004, 07:44 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Quote:
now look at the pic... would'nt you think the delivery man would of mentioned something about the box arriving this way..? what should i do..? should i send them the $$$ or stand my ground....as i truly feel this is shady..?
There is your answer right there. Unless the delivery person can determine the box was damaged upon arrival it would be difficult to prove. Was the box brand new?

Thanks.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:09 PM   #7
JungleHabitats
my thought

SCAM all day

heres why i say this he says there was a deli cup in the box , no holes in the box ,and the snake wasnt in it ? now someone with even the right side of the brain only can would know the average or even sub average Joe blow isnt going to try to put a empty cup in the box and say " there was a snake in it ..."

Then they only want 1/2 the money for the missing snake ?

ok let me regroup here ... i get a box in suppose to be 4 snakes in it its crushed , im worried i rip into the boc to discover three snakes , 4 deli cups an no holes in the box !! i would want the entire cost of that snake back not 1/2 of it ... id tell this person to serach under things in shoes dressers etc for the snake he lost out of that box .. just my opinion i wouldnt refund anything to this person now maybe if they wanted the full price of the snake its different but only 1/2 puuuuulease

Old 05-12-2004, 09:28 PM   #8
serpentboy78
Question ok. now she says she is gonna have my account terminated!

ok i just got another instant message from her.... after getting all these replies from you guys... i told her im sorry i am not gonna send her 1/2 the money for the snake...then she said well the ppl that she spoke with told her i should send her all her $$$ back... i said sorry.. im not falling for this.. there are just to many holes in her story.... now she tells me she is going to kingsnakes with this... I pay for my account by the yr... how am i to protect mysel and my account from being terminated? by a person going on there saying i did not send her all of her snakes......? i instantly contacted kingsnake and informed them of the situation... I truly feel i am the victim here.... i offered her another snake @ 1st and she said no i want $$$.... so just anyone can go on there and say they did not recive all their snakes and bam... my account is terminated just like that...? please any and all info on how i can protect myself and my account wiil be so kind.... i am a very honest person... I feel we as herpers should be one big happy family...nothing but pe@ce....amongst us.... SOMEONE HELP PLEASE.... THIS IS REALLY GETTING OUT OF HAND..... I HAVE NEVER BEEN ACCUSED OF SCAMMING SOMEONE B4 SO I DONT KNOW HOW TO REACT TO IT.. ESPECIALLY WHEN MY ACCOUNT AND REP. IS ON THE LINE.... THANX TO ALL... MIKE CLARK...

Old 05-12-2004, 09:36 PM   #9
coolhl7
The Burden of Proof

The Burden of Proof is on the recipient to document the damage done. It is easy to find out who the UPS man was and have him document the condition of the box. There is also the question of who has most to lose in starting a scam. Serpentboy is grooming a growing business with a polished website. Why would he risk his reputation and all his work for so little gain? I am currently negotiating a deal with serpentboy and sending him money (MO) in advance this Friday. When his shipment arrives I will post what I expect to be a very positive comment on the BOI.
Norm Friedman

Old 05-12-2004, 09:43 PM   #10
sputnik
KS

I highly doubt KS will cancell your account!

It's three strikes and your out. Considering the amount of bad deals others have done on KS with nothing being done, I wouldn't worry about the unproven rantings of one person.

I think it's a scam!

Or email them this link, let's hear their story.... liars tend to be exposed every quickly on here!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!