Mark Miller of LocoLizards - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
Darist
Mark Miller of LocoLizards

I am in the middle of a transaction with Mark Miller and have not heard from him since November 2007, and was wondering if anyone knew what was going on with him. Last that I heard he was having some personal issues, but still promised to get me updated photos of my animals while we waited for CITES. I was to understand that he had a good reputation so I put down a 50% deposit with him back in August of 2007 for a pair of triple het boas (2006 female, 2007 male) from Mark. I have Emailed him numerous times and I have phoned the number on his website and left messages to see if CITES has come in, and to get the promised updated photos from him - unfortunately he has not responded to any of my messages over the past month. If anyone knows of another way to get into contact with him I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your help.

-Will Shopik

Old 03-28-2008, 12:14 AM   #2
rockyballboa
Oh brother.
I am having the same issues as you are.I havnt had contact with him since Jan.08 and have tryed calling,emailing & pming him.
I paid $1500 for some 2007 boa's & cites fee's & was gonna order some 2008 babies from him.
If this continues I will make a full boi post with emails,etc.
Right now all i want is my money back so I can start looking for some simalar boas and not loose a year with the breeding plans I have.
Todd Peddle

Old 03-28-2008, 12:34 AM   #3
Jim O
I hate to say it that you should have searched and read the BOI before sending this loser any money.

See http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=LocoLizards. While it's true that the OP in that thread had issues of his own, the plain truth is that Mark took his money and held it for a long time, using it essentially as an interest free loan.

You might also want to read http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=LocoLizards.

Unfortunately Mark Miller is not to be trusted.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:53 AM   #4
rockyballboa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
I hate to say it that you should have searched and read the BOI before sending this loser any money.

See http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=LocoLizards. While it's true that the OP in that thread had issues of his own, the plain truth is that Mark took his money and held it for a long time, using it essentially as an interest free loan.

You might also want to read http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=LocoLizards.

You are right man.Trusting someone that you thought was a good and fair person was a big mistake by me & might have cost me $1500 and a year wasted.I have interacted with Mark on a boa forum & never expected this type of thing to happen.From what I could see over the years on that forum I thought Mark tryed to take care of all the members there.Looks like I might have been mistaken.I am still hoping he can clean things up but it has been 3 months since I last got in contact with him and now I am really concerned.
Todd Peddle.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:05 AM   #5
Griz
There are NUMEROUS stories about Mark and his NUMEROUS issues from stealing animals to stealing people's money. As Jim stated, you simply cannot trust him. I personally know of one individual alone that he owes over $6000 to and has owed this for a few years. He simply blew the guy off knowing full well that their proximity, or lack thereof, was enough to ensure a lawsuit would be tough.

Griz

Old 03-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #6
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyballboa
Oh brother.
I am having the same issues as you are.I havnt had contact with him since Jan.08 and have tryed calling,emailing & pming him.
I paid $1500 for some 2007 boa's & cites fee's & was gonna order some 2008 babies from him.
If this continues I will make a full boi post with emails,etc.
Right now all i want is my money back so I can start looking for some simalar boas and not loose a year with the breeding plans I have.
Todd Peddle
He has been posting ads for animals in kingsnake.com. Maybe you could try to contact him through his ads.

Best of lucks!

Old 03-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
Darist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O

I found the fist link when I did some checking up on him and I read the entire thing, what I found was they were both at fault. As it was Marks first time shipping internationally and all that, I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Had I seen the second thread I don't think that I would have dealt with him. Man this is really discouraging I'm glad at least that my other American transaction went well. I'll have to look into what kind of legal action I can take.

If any of you are interested I can post all of the Emails that were sent between Mark and I.

-Will Shopik

Old 03-28-2008, 07:43 PM   #8
crotalusadamanteus
I'd say post away. Seems he has had this bad habit for a long time now.

Maybe a thread in the Canadian BOI would be a good idea too, since he ain't against international fraudulent activities. Give everyone the heads up.

My 2¢
Rick

Old 03-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #9
Darist
As advised, I'm posting the communications between Mark Miller and myself. They read from the bottom up, since November 30/2007 I have sent approximately 4 emails (unfortunately I did not send a copy of these emails to myself and therefore cannot trace back to when I first started pushing for a response - I estimate the date to be mid-February) and as previously mentioned I've phoned him 3 times. Sorry if it's a bit of an eyesore.

Re: Triple Hets to Canada‏
Sent: November 30, 2007 10:01:06 AM
To: William Shopik (williamshopik@hotmail.com)

hey Will,

Sorry for not getting back with you sooner, i have been going through a divorce and things have been crazy to say the least.

I will get pics of the triple hets out to you by monday. I have just got back paperwork on a different order going to the UK that took almost 6 months to get back so I will continue to harras the fish and wildlife about getting your paperwork back to us a little sooner and update you on it as soon as i hear from them.

Happy Holidays,
Mark
---- William Shopik <williamshopik@hotmail.com> wrote:

=============

Hey Mark, so it's been about three months and I'm just wondering how that paperwork is going, have you heard anything back yet? So how about some pics I haven't seen them since August, I'm so excited. Thanks, hope to hear from you soon.

-Will

Re: Triple Hets‏
Sent: September 6, 2007 9:53:53 AM
To: grfdagre gagr (williamshopik@hotmail.com)

Hey Will,

The snakes are doing great! Yes they are Kahl strain animals so they will be compatible with your snow. I have applied for paperwork and will let you know as soon as it is ready,and in the mean time ill get a couple new pics of the hets.

Thanks and talk soon,
Mark
---- grfdagre gagr <williamshopik@hotmail.com> wrote:

=============
Hey Mark, Just wanted to check up on the Boas see how they are doing. Also I
was wondering if they are compatible with Kahl snakes? I have a line on a
Snow from Kahl's stock (in Canada) and want to know if I can breed it to my
Triple-Hets. Please get back to me soon as this unfortunately is a time
sensitive matter. Thanks for your help.

-Will

To: grfdagre gagr <williamshopik@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Triple Hets
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 14:53:06 -0400

hey Will,

I got the deposit and am sending out the paperwork today. I will take some
updated pics of the snakes in a week or two an send them over and keep in
touch with you as we wait for the paperwork to be prepared.

Thanks and let me know if there is anything you might need.

Thanks,
Mark

=============
Hey Mark, I can't remember if I sent you the confirmation the the money was
wired to your account or not but here it is again. It should be in your
account tomorrow or wednesday, talk to you later.

-Will

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 12:19:51 -0400

My Address is:

Mark Miller
(edited for privacy)

My Banks address is :
(edited for privacy)

Let me know if there is anything else you need.
Thanks,
Mark

=============
Hey Mark my bank needs your address and the address of the Bank that I'm
wiring the money to, so if you could send me that info I'll wire the
money
to you.

Thanks
-Will

At this point an Email was sent to Mark with my details so that CITES paperwork could be sent out

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:31:54 -0400

Great Will,

Here is the wire info for my bank.

Send to
(edited for privacy)
routing #
Locolizards & Mark Miller
Account # (edited for privacy)

I will mark these triple hets sold for you. Just let me know when to
expect
the transfer and i will need your shyipping info so i can get the CITES
paperwrok started. Let me know what airport this will be shiped to as
well
and if you have any questions let me know.

Thanks,
Mark

=============
After careful consideration, I have decided on number one. So send me
your
bank info and I'll wire the deposit to you.

-Will

Re: Triple Hets‏
Sent: July 28, 2007 2:20:13 PM
To: grfdagre gagr (williamshopik@hotmail.com)
Security scan upon download Trend Micro ® logo
Attachments: 07MTRI-2P...jpg (243.8 KB), 07MTRI-1P...jpg (177.2 KB), 07MTRI-2P...jpg (235.1 KB), 07MTRI-1P...jpg (242.9 KB), 07MTRI-2P...jpg (197.6 KB)

I finally got pics of the male triple hets for you. Let me know which one you want and we can get the deposit setup and get paperwork started so we can get them shipped before winter.

Talk to you soon,
Mark

=============
Hey Mark, just making sure that you haven't forgotten about me, up here in
Canada, I would like to see pics of the pair. Please E-me back to let me
know what is happening, thanks for your time.

-Will

Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 0:24:19 -0400

I would have to apply for CITES paperwork to do it legally. I would require
a deposit of 50% of the total due with shipping to get paperwork started.
Shipping is a flat rate of 400.00 the paperwork takes 60-90 days for me to
get from the US government, and then the balance is due once the paperwork
is ready. Then I ship the snakes once they are paid in full.
if you are interested just let me know and I would be very happy to help
you out in any way i can.

Cheers,
Mark.

=============
For a 1.1 Triple Het, how much would you require for a deposit and how long
would you hold them for me? Do you know how hard it is to get them across
the border ie. permits. Or can they just be flown over?

-Will

Old 03-29-2008, 01:44 AM   #10
KaHane
Will that's unfortunate to hear... I hope you get the deal resolved. I wonder also if there is any legal action that can be taken...if you find out, PM me. I also have a similar situation with a breeder that I wouldn't mind knowing what options I can do.
KaHane Limsana

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!