Mark Miller of LocoLizards - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:11 AM   #11
The BoidSmith
The delay in delivery is unacceptable in itself, particularly considering he gave a date of 90 days. Just to give Mark the benefit of the doubt, I have heard "horror stories" about the delay in obtaining CITES papers. In one instance an individual had to wait 6 months to receive his. Knowing this one shouldn't state to the buyer that they can be obtained in 90 days just to secure a deposit. Furthermore, "IF" there was going to be an initially unforeseeable delay he should have immediately notified the OP of such. By not doing so without the conformity of the OP, he is at fault for not delivering what he owes in a timely manner. Anyone can have problems of their own, but when they have time to post other ads they should also inform their customers of the situation. It is lack of communication that breaks trust and not delayed delivery. Let's hope that at least he gets back in touch with you to explain what's happening.

I would give him one last chance by notifying him by phone or e-mail of what you are going to do if you don't hear from him. I know, I know, you have given him plenty but one more won't hurt; hopefully all you want is to have this resolved before attempting extreme measures.

Tell him you are giving him "X" number of days to reply to you and if he doesn't, then you will file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center @ http://www.ic3.gov The best way to get his attention would probably be to reply to one of his ads in kingsnake.com. One other thing you may want to consider before sending the formal complaint is send copies of your e-mail notification to kingsnake.com report abuse link: http://market.kingsnake.com/abuse.php?cat=32&de=
If according to them your complaint is valid there's no doubt they will look into it and maybe even freeze his account with them. He has refused to contact you so regrettably he leaves you with no choice but to do this.

Regards and best of lucks.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #12
rockyballboa
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=109704
I made a full post over on the Canadian BOI for people to see as well.
Thanks for the tips about kingsnake Boidsmith.I am going to try that now.You have been a great help so far man.
Todd Peddle

Old 03-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #13
Cat_72
Todd, on your other post, I believe you said that you may hear some news from a friend on Friday....any word?

Old 03-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #14
rockyballboa
Nope i had a long day at work and didnt get a chance to call.I will try today and Monday.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #15
rockyballboa
I just called the friend and there was no answer and I also called Mark Millier and left a message asking him to call me or answer my emails.
I will try the friend again on Monday.
Todd Peddle

Old 03-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #16
Cat_72
Shoot, was hoping you'd hear something, at least.

Best of luck.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:32 PM   #17
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyballboa
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=109704
I made a full post over on the Canadian BOI for people to see as well.
Thanks for the tips about kingsnake Boidsmith.I am going to try that now.You have been a great help so far man.
Todd Peddle
No problem Todd, I really do hope this works out. You have been really patient thus far and you have nearly existed all communication venues. It is up to Mark to decide what he wants to do with his future. It seems some people think it is worth ruining their reputation over $1,500. That kind of money he will see come and go hundreds of times over his lifetime. But once his reputation is tarnished it will take years to recover it (if he ever does). The best thing you can probably due at this point in time is what you are currently doing, create the awareness in other people of what has happened to you.

Take care!

Old 03-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #18
Junkyard
Mark is scheduled to be at the MRBE Show in Kansas City, Missouri on Septmeber 28, 2008 http://www.kcherp.com/FallShow.htm if anyone is at the show, maybe they can stop by and have a little chat with him.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #19
The BoidSmith
Quote:
existed = exhausted
Sorry about that.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:04 PM   #20
Darist
Hey Dan, that some good advice I'll look into doing just that as well I know a lawyer and I told him about it and I'm waiting to see what he says about it.

-Will

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!