*:workin on the changes:* - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #1
Bella17
*:workin on the changes:*

A little update on the cage for my ball..... I ruffed up my attic abit and went through stuff we've used before for animals and such.. found a ceramic heat emmitter!! so we are gonna hook that up, ( has the no light thing going on) but were wiring that to the thermostat and i think we are actually going to get the out of cage thermostat with the probe temp reader.. we also have a under tank heater for a 10gal, so its small. and we also have a heat matt for a water bed (has a temp dial adjuster on it) and it is normally squashed between wood and plastic so it should be safe with plexi, and sheet vinyl.. but we will def check that out more.. we did a little trial run with the doors all hooked up and yea.. those puck lights put off maybe 4 degrees difference then the house.. so it was at about 74*F lol... so we are taking those off the thermostat... we filled the water bowl and left it in there for an hour with the lights and all on.. and the humidity went from 45 to 40.. so we have to look into that.. probably cypress mulch misted or something. Question.. if i placed the water bowl over the heating pad area.. would that heat the water up to much for the snake??? because i know that would raise the humidty a bit atleast..

Anyways.. atleast i have my heart into the project.. lots of adjustments and changes, but its worth it.. i have a nother cage to build in a month or so for another possible ball comming in.. so ill know what not to use and what works best... BTW... one sheet of plexi glass from ACO... 3'x3'=$17 bucks!!! what is this world comming too.. but 17 bucks is alot to a college student i suppose..
oh well .. gnight
Michelle

Old 12-06-2005, 12:33 AM   #2
hhmoore
sounds like you'll get it sorted out. I would suggest working with one heat source at a time, unless you find you need more to hit the correct range. In that style cage, I would think that the CHE would be enough...or the heat pad (scrap the little UTH for this project, it won't be much more effective than the lights). You will want to have some kind of barrier to prevent contact with the CHE, so the little guy doesn't get burned (easy enough to make with hardware cloth or screen).

Old 12-06-2005, 08:19 AM   #3
Bella17
Yea we are looking in to how to install the CHE, i think we are going to go with the screen if we end up using it. But before we wire that up we're going to see how much heat the head pad puts off.
michelle

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!