Dave Sommers of PA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:35 AM   #1
mames
Question Dave Sommers of PA

I noticed he has some ads posted on kingsnake and was hoping to get some feedback before purchasing some turtles.

Thanks

Old 08-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
mames
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mames
I noticed he has some ads posted on kingsnake and was hoping to get some feedback before purchasing some turtles.

Thanks
One thing that concerns me is the reasonable UPS Overnight shipping being as low $10.00

Morgan

Old 08-22-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
Serafim
Do you have a link to the ads that may help get some response..

Old 08-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
mames
I got my turtles stressed out from the post office instead of UPS a day late in a tiny little box with no insulation. I will not waste my time or money buying from him again.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #5
flight_ems
Dave Sommers of PA

I know that this is an older discussion but I too was wondering about Dave. I really want at least one Diamondback Terrapin. So far he has been very helpful with anything that I've asked him. I am waiting until we move at the end of Oct before I buy anything.

Mames I see you had bad luck with him. So I take it he may not be the one to buy from.

Liz Haumschild

Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #6
Sue Henson
I purchased a concentric Diamondback Terrapin from Dave about 3 weeks back. The animal was very well packaged, well insulated, and he sent me a second terrapin for free, much to my surprise. Yes, he used USPS, but the turtles were:
1. well packaged.
2. well insulated.
3. Not late, thus I had no issue with it.
4. My turtles are thriving and beautiful. Everything I'd hoped for with my first DBT experience.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:04 AM   #7
flight_ems
Thank you Sue,

I really want to order a terrapin from him. He seemed to be on the up and up. But as we all have read the horror stories on here before, I was hesitant.

Before I had originally read this thread, he was very helpful with all my questions.

Liz Haumschild

Old 01-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #8
DKFarms
We have spoken w/ this guy through emails, and agreed to get a terrapin from him; even sent the paypal payment, but now there is no turtle. I called him, w/ no answer, left a voice mail, emailed again, asked about shipping number, day shipped, and nothing. 3 days later and still nothing....BUT the day I sent the payment over, I got an email thanking me. So now I'm $50.00 out, so far, and nothing to show for it.

Glad some folks got something from him.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
hhmoore
If he's dropped out of contact, you can file a claim with PayPal...if he can't prove that he sent your turtle, they'll find in your favor. (You'll only get your money back IF its still in his account.)

Old 03-28-2014, 06:52 PM   #10
Tsellers
I ordered 3 blue northern Diamondback Terrapins from him about 3 weeks ago. The turtles came via USPS, luckily I am friends with the mail lady and let her know they were coming. they did not require a signature to be dropped off and could have just been put in my mailbox... unfortunately the smallest of the 3 did not seem quite "right" when we got it. (very slow to move and inactive despite the heat light) he did not make it the entire day. I sent Dave an email and he replied the next day stating that another would be sent, and it was. however it was not a blue which was rather disappointing; being as blues are more expensive.

also, 2 of the 3 have had issues with their eyes. (swollen eyes) due to poor nutrition. I resolved the problem by adding more vitamin A to their diet. this was not a serious issue for me but for someone who is new to caring for aquatic turtles this can be a life threatening issue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!