Info Mike @ Outback Reptiles - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:26 PM   #101
thomas davis
yeah

ive done biz with outback years ago zero problems wouldn't hesitate recommending them.
moderator bob is just sad

Old 02-04-2019, 10:54 PM   #102
Robert Walker
Sad and bitter, what a pair we make.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:02 PM   #103
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas davis View Post
No, he's not. He's providing reminders of posts that have been made by Mike. This thread is about Mike, and peoples' experiences with him, so Robert was within his right to post relevant comments.

The things people say on a forum, tell a lot about those individuals' character. I wouldn't want to be subjected to some of those derogatory and abrasive comments, if I had a problem with a transaction, and Mike didn't agree with my complaint.

That said, Mike has good reviews too, and I would probably buy from him if he had something I wanted.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:02 AM   #104
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post

The things people say on a forum, tell a lot about those individuals' character. I wouldn't want to be subjected to some of those derogatory and abrasive comments, if I had a problem with a transaction, and Mike didn't agree with my complaint.
I think this last batch of interactions with Mike has turned the corner for me and I do not think I would purchase from him for now. He is pretty young and perhaps age and experience will change him and teach him not to treat people flippantly when their issues with him are genuine.
He seems to feel he can mock others at will, but when he was mocked for trying to fix a bad transaction with a pizza, he according to his own words has never gotten over the alleged damage wrought by his critics. He doesn't seem to be able to think through that lesson and realize that those he treats badly may feel just as upset as he did by the pizza debacle.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:42 PM   #105
Guy Castro
Quote:
ive done biz with outback years ago zero problems wouldn't hesitate recommending them.
Sad?... Or does posting something accurate,hurt your feelings. I've never dealt with Mike or Outback. Language being used,may be overlooked by some customers, but can bite you in the arse with others. I realize refraining can be difficult at times; but with social media,it spreads quickly.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #106
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Castro View Post
Sad?... Or does posting something accurate,hurt your feelings. I've never dealt with Mike or Outback. Language being used,may be overlooked by some customers, but can bite you in the arse with others. I realize refraining can be difficult at times; but with social media,it spreads quickly.

Guy,
WELL SAID! Exactly....

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 02-06-2019, 10:17 PM   #107
thomas davis
hurt my feelings ? really ? w o w
whats sad is trying to use the boi as weapon. moderator bob knew full well mike wasn't going to be a contributor and waited to post his sad dribble until boi went contributors only imho that's sad

Old 02-06-2019, 11:47 PM   #108
WebSlave
Quote:
hurt my feelings ? really ? w o w
whats sad is trying to use the boi as weapon. moderator bob knew full well mike wasn't going to be a contributor and waited to post his sad dribble until boi went contributors only imho that's sad
So are you saying that the quotes that Robert posted are untrue or inaccurate? How does WHEN they were posted make any difference? Does it diminish their truthfulness or accuracy in any way? What makes them inappropriate now compared to being posted a week, or month ago?

So are you claiming that this thread should now be locked because Mike isn't likely to have access to the BOI any longer? If so, should this not apply to EVERY thread in this forum as well?

What are you saying exactly?

Old 02-06-2019, 11:49 PM   #109
Chris Kennard
I can count the people I hold in highest regard on one hand. Mr. Walker is represents my middle finger, to guys with many wounds here. Webslave, Robert, Nicholas and a few patrons here (BTR, KJ, etc.) should be recognized as an incredibly positive and useful force in the reptile community. I am proud to have been a part of it. My suspensions, one for a year and well deserved, warnings, negative karma? Whatever. I can afford to appreciate this site. Why? Clean slate!

Old 02-06-2019, 11:57 PM   #110
LauraB
Oh, good grief! Lucille, why the heck would you resurrect a freaking 2-year old thread? Yeah, anyone who has been here as long as we old-timers knows the BS between you and Mike at Outback, but I really thought you were one of the few who might actually act like a freaking adult and move on. Looks like more childish FB crap at this point.

Yeah, Mike and Outback have made mistakes; please, Lucille, give me a big name herp biz that has NOT ever made mistakes; yeah the pizza thing was stupid. Get over it. Outback has generally done good business over the years. When was the last time you did business with them, or have you ever?

I agree Mike's posts were WAY out of line and totally unprofessional, however it should only reflect on him as a lame, unprofessional representative and NOT the company.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!