Bad Guy JOEL2006 - Sick Snake - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:06 AM   #21
nickolasanastasiou
If there is some question about what photos were or were not in the original ad (there were multiple ads), here are three (one of which Joel already attached).
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2017, 09:57 PM   #22
tlmoon
Any idea what date those pics were taken? Since he just said the snake was in blue, and didn't want to take a pic. In the second pic it looks like the snake just shed, or at least is sitting next to a shed.

I think the only issue here is whether the snake has an infection or not. This could be easily verified if the seller would post a current pic showing the mouth. If this just an old injury, as he said, then there is no issue that I can see. He disclosed the issue prior to the buyer making the sale and refunded the buyer when asked.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:49 PM   #23
nickolasanastasiou
I am not sure when the photographs were captured. The post I copied them from was made on 21Jan2017.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:50 AM   #24
Black Adder
In all honesty the BHP market has died quite a bit over the last couple of years with a LOT of new animals being bred where it was once a pretty buoyant market.
You can pick up a very healthy neonate or yearling for less than 1k unless you are looking to buy a top flight "breeder name" animal.
I bought a very healthy yearling male for $700 last August so although the injury was disclosed 650 for a bhp in that condition is not super cheap any longer.
The days of 2k BHP are long gone unless it is a proven top name lineage animal and even then it is a very hard sell with a lot of lesser priced animals available for those looking to obtain one of these superb animals at a fair price.

The question is obviously is it just an old injury or still a present one (infection).
The op did get a refund which was good for him although the seller needs to lighten up on the threats as per his first post and clarify the status of the injury with some internal mouth shots

Old 02-01-2017, 11:40 PM   #25
JOEL2006
Thanks every one on my behalf I bine really busy with work and a few other things here are some more pic's of the so called sick snake eating again I had took it the vet when I first purchased it they said if it's eating good leave the jaw alone ...I can't open his mouth by my self he is a big snake no one to hold him for me .I have bine dealing with reptiles for about 20 years the same age as this kid .....lol
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2017, 12:47 AM   #26
nvterrapene
Okay so far you have yet to elaborate on the course of treatment for this snake, never had an infection but it was treated? So the snake had oral treatment? What drugs were used in the oral treatment? How long? Now apparently two years ago the vet said "it's fine if it eats." Congrats, you posted a picture of it eating with no good look of the inside of the of the side with the swollen jaw and no detailed explanation of the course of treatment. I'm 20 but I do know how to restrain a mid-size python and open it's mouth alone. No reason you shouldn't be able to, and have someone snap a pic of the inside of it's mouth for you. So it eats... so it must be fine! Give me a break, I never once said this snake doesn't eat. I admit, it actually had good weight to it. The condition of the inside of its mouth will affect it's appetite soon enough I'm sure, if it hasn't done so already. These could always be old feeding pics, but again, this animal had good weight so I do suspect it is still eating or if it has stopped eating it must have been fairly recently. A lot of animals can have an oral infection that doesn't affect their eating right away. The oral cavity of this beautiful python is not at all in good condition and is indicative of some kind of an infection, more than likely some form of mouth rot. I have taken pre-veterinary courses and am now in my junior year of college. I'm by no means an expert, but I do know some of the clinical signs/symptoms of illness/ailments from cuddly pets to herps, from what I know in my own personal experience and the extra experience I've had as a student working in a USDA lab for multiple classes. So "this kid" actually knows a lot, and I KNOW that you're selling a sick animal. If this is mouth rot, and I suspect it is, a variety of factors come into play and anyone buying this animal is taking a gamble with another underlying issue. You've been dealing with reptiles for 20 years, I'd think that's plenty of time to be mature enough to not threaten someone over the internet and also plenty of time to learn how to keep a story straight. Plenty of time to recognize when one of your animals is sick and perhaps not meant to be sold in such condition. I would not be posting this if I did not truly believe there was a problem with the animal in question, and I can guarantee whoever purchases this animal will have a costly vet visit. All I'm trying to do is warn people about a sick snake. I can guarantee if I did drive home with the animal, and made a thread about it's condition we would be in a totally different situation. I made this thread to prevent others from being in that "other" situation but for some reason I'm receiving some skepticism. Unfortunately, someone will probably end up in that "other" situation if they purchase this animal, so I hope Joel is willing to pay the vet bill or get blown up on here for having truly sold a sick snake that would then be in someone else's possession to take any pics needed to support their case. So far, he has proven absolutely nothing to support his case. I have nothing to gain from "ruining his reputation" and starting a false thread, that's insane.. I have much better things to do with my time than troll an online classifieds forum. I'm done with this thread and the utter negligence of the questions made by other members about the treatment of this snake and the demand to see the inside of it's mouth by Joel. Anyone who wants to take my advice and steer clear of this bhp feel free to do so, I strongly advise you do. Anyone who's skeptical about what I have to say and wants this "deal of a lifetime", go ahead... you'll totally regret it. That's pretty much all I have left to say at this point. Have a nice evening everyone.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Old 02-02-2017, 01:06 AM   #27
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvterrapene View Post
Okay so far you have yet to elaborate on the course of treatment for this snake, never had an infection but it was treated? So the snake had oral treatment? What drugs were used in the oral treatment? How long? Now apparently two years ago the vet said "it's fine if it eats." Congrats, you posted a picture of it eating with no good look of the inside of the of the side with the swollen jaw and no detailed explanation of the course of treatment. I'm 20 but I do know how to restrain a mid-size python and open it's mouth alone. No reason you shouldn't be able to, and have someone snap a pic of the inside of it's mouth for you. So it eats... so it must be fine! Give me a break, I never once said this snake doesn't eat. I admit, it actually had good weight to it. The condition of the inside of its mouth will affect it's appetite soon enough I'm sure, if it hasn't done so already. These could always be old feeding pics, but again, this animal had good weight so I do suspect it is still eating or if it has stopped eating it must have been fairly recently. A lot of animals can have an oral infection that doesn't affect their eating right away. The oral cavity of this beautiful python is not at all in good condition and is indicative of some kind of an infection, more than likely some form of mouth rot. I have taken pre-veterinary courses and am now in my junior year of college. I'm by no means an expert, but I do know some of the clinical signs/symptoms of illness/ailments from cuddly pets to herps, from what I know in my own personal experience and the extra experience I've had as a student working in a USDA lab for multiple classes. So "this kid" actually knows a lot, and I KNOW that you're selling a sick animal. If this is mouth rot, and I suspect it is, a variety of factors come into play and anyone buying this animal is taking a gamble with another underlying issue. You've been dealing with reptiles for 20 years, I'd think that's plenty of time to be mature enough to not threaten someone over the internet and also plenty of time to learn how to keep a story straight. Plenty of time to recognize when one of your animals is sick and perhaps not meant to be sold in such condition. I would not be posting this if I did not truly believe there was a problem with the animal in question, and I can guarantee whoever purchases this animal will have a costly vet visit. All I'm trying to do is warn people about a sick snake. I can guarantee if I did drive home with the animal, and made a thread about it's condition we would be in a totally different situation. I made this thread to prevent others from being in that "other" situation but for some reason I'm receiving some skepticism. Unfortunately, someone will probably end up in that "other" situation if they purchase this animal, so I hope Joel is willing to pay the vet bill or get blown up on here for having truly sold a sick snake that would then be in someone else's possession to take any pics needed to support their case. So far, he has proven absolutely nothing to support his case. I have nothing to gain from "ruining his reputation" and starting a false thread, that's insane.. I have much better things to do with my time than troll an online classifieds forum. I'm done with this thread and the utter negligence of the questions made by other members about the treatment of this snake and the demand to see the inside of it's mouth by Joel. Anyone who wants to take my advice and steer clear of this bhp feel free to do so, I strongly advise you do. Anyone who's skeptical about what I have to say and wants this "deal of a lifetime", go ahead... you'll totally regret it. That's pretty much all I have left to say at this point. Have a nice evening everyone.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
I'm not feeling the skepticism. I pretty much agree with you.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:30 PM   #28
filenamex5100
nick, I feel like you've made your point. maybe its just me but if I were being accused of wrongdoing that required me to defend my reputation, I would find a way (if it were infact a issue) to restrain the snake and take multiple photos.
Joel.....that's a weak excuse and frankly, I feel, makes your look worse.

my theory is either we are never going to see the inside of snakes mouth clearly and definitively OR you are trying to clear up any problems/health issues before you take pictures. if you havnt noticed, Chris Kennard is in here now and from what ive seen on the boi, he will tare your story apart if it smells sketchy.

Joel, my advice to you:
1) Post clear pictures asap. no one cares to hear or see, at this point, if the snake is feeding.
AND/OR
2) Admit you did wrong (if that's truly the case) and detail why you chose that route.

Everyone else:
were any of you reaaaaallly hoping to see a date on that newspaper bedding?? haha. just sayin

Old 02-04-2017, 05:52 PM   #29
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by filenamex5100 View Post
Everyone else:
were any of you reaaaaallly hoping to see a date on that newspaper bedding?? haha. just sayin
Just for fun:
Not sure what pictures you are referring to, but from the ones that nickolasanastasiou posted above, there is a date:

Wednesday, December 14th 20...?
Only two that appear worth mentioning are 2016 or 2011.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2017, 06:03 PM   #30
filenamex5100
haha! I knew someone would bust out with some scientific stuff. much appreciated!!

the pictures really had no relevance besides trying to prove if they were taken recently or were older photos.

I'm still really not trying to pick on you Joel, but Roberts posting on the dates should serve as a reminder of the lengths people can and will go to prove or disprove someone. obviously scammers exist everywhere (I am not calling you a scammer, yet) and the BOI serves to weed them out as quickly and efficiently as possible. if you made a mistake or used deception, admit it and apologize and I'm sure everyone can move on. out of fairness though....the BOI is forever. consider that your "Miranda warnings" for a lack of better words.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!