Bad Guy Ian Curtis - Stolen African House Snakes - Page 34 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:38 PM   #331
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SincereArtisan View Post
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you all know again how much I appreciate you and your support throughout this entire ordeal. It has been nothing short of frustrating since Ian decided that he'd rather lie than come forward with my snakes and/or the truth. And hopefully this thread will continue to warn off anyone considering any transactions with him.

Yes, I'm still in the process of pursuing a case against Ian for the theft of my snakes. Whether they are still alive or in Ian's possession...well, only Ian knows for sure. But my hopes are not high in this regard.

If anyone out there has *any* idea, though, I'd really appreciate knowing. I think my actions here have represented me as a reasonable individual, and of course if Ian sold my snakes I'm not about to hold the buyers responsible. (I'm sure he'd be just as honest with them as he was with me.) So if anyone out there has a clue as to the whereabouts of my snakes, I'd really appreciate it.

And yes, I'm selling my Mentalis pair. After 4+ years of growing them up into beautiful adults, I was looking forward to breeding them one day. But losing virtually the other two thirds of the projects I took pride in and was looking forward to pursuing as an AHS keeper has been a hard hit to take. Every time I look at this pair I am reminded that they are all I have left, thanks to Ian. While it is good fuel for the fire, so to speak, as I seek justice in this matter...Its not a very happy/healthy state of mind to be swept up into every time I'm feeding/cleaning/caretaking. So, if there is some one out there who can truly enjoy this pair of beautiful snakes for a reasonable price, I'm willing to let them go to the right home.
This obviously has been an emotional experience for you. I would hate to think your decision to get rid of them might compound your ill feelings. You should consider keeping them. They're in good hands. Let them remain that way. Just my opinion. Happy Easter.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #332
SincereArtisan
Hey everyone...

Its been almost a year since this entire fiasco began, and I am heartbroken to say that I am no closer (and probably never will be) to getting my snakes back.

For a time following the legal actions we took, we heard nothing. A letter was sent to Ian's work place, and his house. We heard nothing. The "letter" Ian's lawyer sent me was a joke. Not only was there correction in ink on the letter itself, the address for his lawyer's office led to what appeared to be an empty property out in LaGrange, KY.

When his lawyer was contacted by ours, he quickly explained that this was nothing but a favor for Ian, that he himself had no idea that stolen property was involved, and that he would not be representing Ian any further in this case. (I'd love to share the letter, and I know a few of you have seen it, but it has too much personal info and addresses on it to post it publicly here.)

Our lawyers also discovered that Ian was being sued for an accident the previous summer, in which he had no auto insurance. To me, this meant that getting any money from Ian was probably going to be pretty difficult, if not impossible. Not to mention, he still kept dodging any and all attempts to contact him.

We pretty much believed my snakes to be dead. Why else would he avoid this so much?

In the process of trying to discover what happened to my snakes, we questioned the pet store he used to work at. We had a report that some one had purchased some albino AHS babies there, from Ian. The pet store owner vehemently denied this, and sort of panicked about the thought that there were lawyers involved, no matter how much we reassured him that we were taking actions against Ian, not the store.

However, this got the attention of one of the other employees. He ended up questioning Ian about this situation when he ran into him at WalMart, and he told us Ian literally just turned and walked away. Then, a month later when I was in picking up food, he was excited to inform me that his cousin visited Ian's house and saw my snakes. In addition to this, this employee also overheard Ian in the store bragging about how he "still has every one of 'em" to a couple friends. Finally, we had confirmation that my snakes were ALIVE!

But...

Despite the willingness of this employee to make a written and signed statement, and get one from his cousin, this was not enough to file a complaint/case against Ian in regards to his work. I spoke with a couple local officers, and they'd suggested trying to go through the system that accepts and deals with complaints against their government employees. But, despite my evidence, they insisted this was a legal personal matter between us and had nothing to do with him being a Metro Animal Services employee.

So, my only option would be to pursue this through civil court, like you see on Judge Judy. The chances Ian would show his face for that? Probably slim.

It basically boils down to the fact that he has them, and because he did not come into my house and take them, there is nothing I can really do about it. Even if a judge rules in my favor, there is nothing stopping him from getting rid of my snakes in the meantime, shrugging his shoulders, and saying he doesn't have them anymore.

It is very doubtful he has the money. Personally, I'd rather have my snakes back. The thought of bankrupting some one, even a low-life-lying-dirtbag like Ian, does not sit well with me.

So, at least one of us is going to be the adult in this situation. I hope no one has to encounter his tactics the way I did, and that is why this thread is here. I feel I have made every offer for peace and reconciliation, and when that was rebuked, taken every action I can possibly take within reason.

This was a hobby I have been in love with since I was 13, and my AHS project was one of my cherished babies. Those snakes are all I have left of that project, and animals I invested years of time, money, care and love into. This just goes to show how one scumbag can ruin all of that.

Ian, I hope you're reading this. I hope you realize that I'm not dragging this into civil court because I actually feel *sorry* for you, despite how much that makes my stomach turn.

But I cannot and will not let your reputation squeak away from this unblemished. Anytime some one searches your name on the BOI, they can see for themselves what sort of outstanding character Ian Curtis is, and what it means to do a breeding loan with you.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:51 AM   #333
thomas davis
yeah that SUX

what a dirtbag. sorry but id simply go get my snakes. we do things different in texas, if I ever come to Kentucky I will go get them for you . it is as simple as knocking on the door, screw lawyers. ,,,,,,,, thomas davis

Old 12-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #334
Hustle
Aww Sarah.. I'm so bummed to hear this. I had been following this post since pretty much the beginning. It's nice to see there are still mature people in the world, however hard it may be.
Keep your head up!

(Though, I agree with Thomas. I'd ('like to') show up at the lil sh*ts house and get my dang snakes my self.)

Old 12-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #335
Magic
Sarah, your update makes me so sad.

I truly believe that in the end, life will dole out to him all the rewards he's earned for being just in general a crappy human being. I know good things will come your way and in a roundabout, make you whole.

If it helps, I send a hug all the way from Wyoming.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:10 AM   #336
JohnRougeux
I was wondering what happened. I saw Ian at the last reptile show in Clarksville, IN.

I think there is a show this coming Sunday? You should make a shirt that says: "Ian is a liar and a thief."

Old 12-28-2015, 08:10 PM   #337
GGs63
Phew - worked myself through the entire 34 pages of this thread, expecting to see a happy ending and nada. This is pretty disheartening, but really not surprising looking at the photos of Ian himself. Technically this is still a young adult that has never learned about honor and integrity, and obviously dishonest and not all too smart either, not to realize that stuff like this will hinder his advancement in the world for the rest of his life - or for the very least, for years to come. Or perhaps just very secure in the Good Ole Boy system, that apparently is still alive and kicking in the KHS.

Very sorry to hear you are being the "bigger person" here Sarah, I'm not sure he deserves that nor appreciates this. And not taking him to small claims court [or the equivalent of this in your state] is letting him off easy. Do you feel sorry for him because he is broke courtesy to an uninsured car accident? It just shows that he still is not a responsible person and still has miles to go to get there, if ever. This kid needs some serious tough love, and letting him get off easy is not helping in any way, although I do understand that you are sick and tired of the entire scenario. I do comment you though Sarah, for being mature, adult and classy all the way through this.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:51 PM   #338
snakesareawesome
According to this he's the VP of KHS. Have you tried going to one of the meetings or maybe other board members there to get this thing resolved?

Old 12-29-2015, 09:19 PM   #339
TheLittleHeathen
I too read this thread hoping to see that you got your snakes back. I can't honestly think of any reason other than being dishonest and lacking very much in the honor department for why someone would do this to another person.

The fact that he appears to now be the VP of KHS is appalling. How they can stand behind a thief is beyond me. No person in their right minds would support someone like him. That said, however, Karma has everyone's number. I have a strong feeling that it's just a matter of time before Karma comes about in its full and splendid glory soon on Ian.

I truly hope that you get your snakes back. It may seem improbable, but don't give up hope! =)

Old 12-30-2015, 01:02 AM   #340
Chris Kennard
Every posy here should end with...sarah, awesome person, IAN...avoid like the plague!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!