Sellers Posting Wet Pictures - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
RowingMunkeyCU
Lightbulb Sellers Posting Wet Pictures

I haven't seen a thread on it yet, so I thought I would bring the subject up. It's always been a pet-peeve of mine when sellers will take pictures of their beardies when they are wet.

Everyone knows that the beardie's colors aren't that vibrant when they are dry (which they are 95% of the time). So why post them like that?

Ideally, it'd be nice to see sellers start using dry beardies and gray cards/expodisk (white balance) when photographing them for sale so we could really get an idea of coloration before we buy and have no surprises (one of the reasons i like to avoid purchasing online). Maybe a good addition to the beardie database for record keeping?

It would benefit both the seller and the buyer, the buyer would always know exactly what they are going to receive; and the seller would always have proof that their photographed colors are accurate as well as having fewer issues with sales due to dissatisfied buyers.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
IloveSnakes1234
I agree with you. That's how you sell animals though, and that's how you get $$$.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:21 PM   #3
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU
I haven't seen a thread on it yet, so I thought I would bring the subject up. It's always been a pet-peeve of mine when sellers will take pictures of their beardies when they are wet.

Everyone knows that the beardie's colors aren't that vibrant when they are dry (which they are 95% of the time). So why post them like that?

Ideally, it'd be nice to see sellers start using dry beardies and gray cards/expodisk (white balance) when photographing them for sale so we could really get an idea of coloration before we buy and have no surprises (one of the reasons i like to avoid purchasing online). Maybe a good addition to the beardie database for record keeping?

It would benefit both the seller and the buyer, the buyer would always know exactly what they are going to receive; and the seller would always have proof that their photographed colors are accurate as well as having fewer issues with sales due to dissatisfied buyers.
I agree with you. Beardies for sale should be shown dry. I have been the "victim" of a misrepresented beardie on a couple of occasions, and it is really annoying. That is why I guarantee color with the dragons that I sell. If a person isn't satisfied after the dragon has time to settle in and show it's true colors (up to two weeks), then I will definitely consider a refund.

Jamie

Old 07-03-2007, 08:01 PM   #4
Denisebme
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU

I totally agree with you. I have one male in particular that is really hard to photograph, his color is hard to get to show true in a picture, but maybe I'm just a bad photographer. I can get good pictures of him wet, but I wouldn't post them, because even though those photos look really good, they aren't acurate about how he looks when he's not in the tub. Instead, I have the bad pictures of him up.
I know so many people who have purchased babies and then were mad when they got then because it didn't even look like the same baby. I don't believe in color feeding, wet photos, once I even saw a photo on one of the reptile sites where you could see what looked like some sort of dye residue left in the sink.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:13 PM   #5
Crazydude
I Agree too. Just looking at pictures of my dragon when shes in the bath vrs basking vrs outside her tank its a big difference.

In the bath shes a red/orange with strong purple sidebars.
Basking shes orange with lavender sidebars
Outside the cage shes orange/tanish with lavender sidebars.

There is also a product that dies reptiles skins. It comes in I beleive Green, Orange and Blue or purple.

I only own one dragon that came from a reptile store/ destributor so I saw it in person before I got it. So I saw the color and its acually 10x as bright now but thats pet stores for ya.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #6
bullfrog100000
Had no idea this was done. Interesting. We just got our first beardie and bought her in person, at a show, from a great breeder we've talked to for about a year. The dragon is beautiful red/orange, dry.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:56 PM   #7
ssshane
"I agree with you. That's how you sell animals though, and that's how you get $$$."

What kind of statement is that? You may get their money 1 time, but it wouldn't happen again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!