? on adenovirus... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #11
skier1
Thanks that helps a lot.. but just one more question.. lol. to send back the test kit,what do you send it in? and does it cost to have her send it.. ?

This really helps. its more simple than i thought... so ill talk to my mom tommorow and have her look into it.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #12
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

I am fortunate as I have yet to do this test!!
I believe that you pack it in dry ice & overnight it to her, & that is it. UPS or FEDEX either one will do it for a decent price, no problem. I am pretty sure that the test kits are still free, from what I understand.
Yes, it is very easy. Lou Ann is a great person to deal with as well. :-)

Tracie

Old 08-08-2007, 11:22 PM   #13
skier1
yeah i looked on that site and i remeber it saying to put an ice pack in it..
so i will talk to my mom and ask her to email her... and so she'll send us the kits.. we follow the directions.. we send it back to her in, i guess in a box? with ice packs in it.. i think that sounds right.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:36 PM   #14
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Yes, just a regular box, & then just go through UPS or FEDEX & they can wrap it up for you. Regular ice packs or dry ice, either one. I don't think it matters, but Lou Ann can tell you which may work better.
Yes, Lou Ann will send you the test kits, & you can just mail it in. It is very easy & really not very expensive. Though it is worth it since you are breeding & it is the most responsible thing to do as well with how things are these days in the breeding industry. Potential buys will appreciate your efforts for them as well.

Tracie

Old 08-08-2007, 11:45 PM   #15
skier1
K, i think i got it.. lol
i just really want to make sure i know what to do and so i can explain everything to my mom...
thanks a lot!!!

Old 08-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #16
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

No problem!! Lou Ann will send instructions with the test kit, so you will understand what to do with the sample. Great your mom is helping you out with this, too.
Happy to have helped out. Let me know how things go.

Tracie

Old 08-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #17
skier1
well i talked to my mom and well she doesnt really want to do anything with the breeding...but i explained it to her but she doesnt really want to get involved with this whole thing. it was my dad who said we can breed them.... and so i asked him and he said no..... so idk what to do... i dont know why he wont let me test them... i would pay for it.
and i told him it could hurt the babies... and he was still like "no.. everthing you read you dont have to do" .. which this is very important!!!
which he hasnt read anything, im the one who has been doing the research. but i dont think he will change his mind..unless my mom lets me, but he probably wont change his mind...

i dont know what to do.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:59 PM   #18
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier1
well i talked to my mom and well she doesnt really want to do anything with the breeding...but i explained it to her but she doesnt really want to get involved with this whole thing. it was my dad who said we can breed them.... and so i asked him and he said no..... so idk what to do... i dont know why he wont let me test them... i would pay for it.
and i told him it could hurt the babies... and he was still like "no.. everthing you read you dont have to do" .. which this is very important!!!
which he hasnt read anything, im the one who has been doing the research. but i dont think he will change his mind..unless my mom lets me, but he probably wont change his mind...

i dont know what to do.

Personally, since you have already bred them, and, not sure if you have eggs yet here, but. if you dont, and when they do come, i say just freeze the eggs and dont bother until you are 100% sure. This way, you arent possibly Adding to the problem of adeno in more dragons, and you can get your animals tested the right way, when you are able.

If you have the eggs already, and they are not far along, i would suggest the same method. I definitely would not hatch them out, one way or another.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #19
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Geez, sorry to hear that. If you are going to pay for the tests, then can't you still get them tested if they aren't paying for it?
I am sorry your parents don't understand the importance of not spreading a potential virus as you do. However, I do have to say, since they were there when you bred them, they are already involved. She wont be anymore involved than she already is at the moment.
I agree though if there are eggs, I think you should freeze them just in case. That way, if they are positive they wont hatch out. It really is the right thing to do & I know you know that. I am sorry things are not working out, but your parents apparently do not realize the importance of doing this.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Tracie

Old 08-09-2007, 11:55 PM   #20
skier1
i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely dont want to do that...ill try talking to them again... and my dad wouldnt want to freeze the eggs either b/c he spent some money already on this.. so im going to talk to them again..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!