Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #51
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
OK well those must be some mutated snake mite or something LOL. I've never seen any that big before. Any experienced snake keepers care to chime in?

Those are mites whom had a good meal. That snake should have been put in a separate container and treated and out of view from customers.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #52
Snakesatsunset
herpman- reason it was in tree trunk was becuase there was nowhere else to put him due to the fact that anywhere else in the store, backroom, front, would run the risk of spreading the mites. We are on top of it! Just had no option to put it anywhere. I cannot close midday and take it "home" or elsewhere. No one asked about time frame, whos shed was in the display, was the snake being treated, our mite protocols, etc. Everyone ASSUMES.
I am not worried as I know it is under control with an isolated incident. That incident was taken care of, just happens to be no more then 30 minutes after it arrived, another incident showed up! the OP! who blatantly lying cuase she feels like there is something stupendous to gain and believes we are torturing animals and purposefully spreading mites everywhere, and emaciating our burmese!

Old 03-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #53
Snakesatsunset
It was seperated and treated, just happened to be in that cage for her to see it in less then an hour or two time frame.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #54
Utta
a little off topic and im sorry, but why would you take the snake in, if you knew(or should have at least assumed) it was covered in mites, if you didn't have anywhere to put it?

Old 03-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #55
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
It was seperated and treated, just happened to be in that cage for her to see it in less then an hour or two time frame.
Well you could have avoided this attention by having it out of public view.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #56
Snakesatsunset
yes, very much so. We didnt notice a mite on it, till we closer inspected it for setting it up, then noticed a few. So we had no option but to put it there, or we could have run the risk of spreading mites in our store.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #57
DD Reptiles
I have purchased a number of Uroplatus (geckos) from Mike over the past year or so, including 11 geckos last week. The animals are always in good condition and I haven't lost one in the acclimation process. I have also naver had mites on any of them (something I have gotten on Uroplatus from other importers). I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Mike again; although I don't know where I could fit another fimbriatus

If it means anything I have visited the store earlier this year.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #58
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
yes, very much so. We didnt notice a mite on it, till we closer inspected it for setting it up, then noticed a few. So we had no option but to put it there, or we could have run the risk of spreading mites in our store.
Theres alot of mites on that snake not to notice them or even to say there was only a few! And to say that you need to inspect closer. Those things are so big, some people are having a hard time believing there even mites.
Your not dealing with normal everyday customers that like to look at sheds in a cage. Most of us are well educated with our reptiles and potential problems with our reptiles. Also most of us know when were being fed a bunch of crap. Your on the b.o.i. your not dealing with a uneducated customer in the store. So careful on how you deal with this problem.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:05 AM   #59
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD Reptiles View Post
I have purchased a number of Uroplatus (geckos) from Mike over the past year or so, including 11 geckos last week. The animals are always in good condition and I haven't lost one in the acclimation process. I have also naver had mites on any of them (something I have gotten on Uroplatus from other importers). I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Mike again; although I don't know where I could fit another fimbriatus

If it means anything I have visited the store earlier this year.
Good, and if there are more people that have had a similar experience now would be a good time to speak up.

How did the store look when you went in there?

Old 03-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #60
Imperial Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
Good, and if there are more people that have had a similar experience now would be a good time to speak up.

How did the store look when you went in there?
THere have been 2 other people on this thread (one being myself) that have said that the animals that have come from MIke have been quality animals. I personally have been to the store countless times and I can say the store is always clean and animals are well cared for.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!