Good Guy Reptile Basics Good guys - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
rockreptiles
Reptile Basics Good guys

I just wanted to post a good guy report on Reptile basics i got a Helix thermostat from them at the tinely show they were very helpful and very nice people to talk with.

seth

Old 01-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
Bill & Amy
Got my order of hides, chlorhexidine and a temp gun from Reptile Basics today. Great service and fast shipping.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
John Kielbasa
Rich is one of the best in the business!

Old 01-17-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
HappyHillbilly
I've placed a few orders with them ranging from heat packs, temp gun to a Helix and have always been tickled to death with the ease of shopping/paying and fast shipment. I highly recommend them.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:46 AM   #5
spawn
How accurate is the temp gun? I've always wanted to get one of those. Is it one of the ones that uses a laser and can read temps across the room if you shot it at a wall?

Old 01-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
HappyHillbilly
The temp gun I got from them is the "412L Infrared Thermometer." It's readings match that of my Helix & Herpstat thermostats and a few digital thermometers within a few tenths of a degree. Sometimes the readings are spot on, sometimes off a tenth or two. Which one is off a tenth or two, the thermostats or temp gun, I couldn't tell you, but that's plenty close enough for me & my reptiles.

The suggested maximum reading distance for the 412L IR is 4ft, but I've gotten accurate readings from as far as 6ft. This is my first temp gun and I've had it for about 6 - 8 months now and I'm tickled to death with it. I wish I hadn't waited so long to get one.

Have a good one!

Old 01-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
Southern Wolf
I ordered from them back in '06 and everything went smooth.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!