What is NEXT DAY AIR SAVER? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:06 AM   #1
SPJ
What is NEXT DAY AIR SAVER?

I never saw "saver" before with UPS.
What is this?

Old 09-13-2005, 10:10 AM   #2
Cat_72
I'm not certain, but if it's anything like the "saver" packages I recieve in at work, it means, "Yeah, well, we'll try to get it there sometime the next day....but if not that day, it'll probably get there the next day after that".

See.....they don't specify which day it's next to. LOL.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:14 AM   #3
Jim O
Steve,

From http://ups.com/content/us/en/resourc...day_saver.html
Quote:
UPS Next Day Air Saver
Balance our delivery speed with your budget

Guaranteed Overnight Delivery by 3:00 p.m.
UPS Next Day Air Saver® offers an affordable delivery option for those important shipments that require next-business-day delivery, but don't have to be there in the morning.

* Guaranteed on-time delivery by 3:00 p.m. to commercial destinations where UPS Next Day Air® delivery is committed by 10:30 a.m.
* Guaranteed on-time delivery by 4:30 p.m. to commercial destinations where UPS Next Day Air delivery is committed by 12:00 noon
* Shipments to residential locations within the Next Day Air Saver area are delivered by end of day

Service Availability

* Available in the 48 contiguous states
* Available from Oahu, Hawaii to the 48 contiguous states, including limited addresses in Alaska
* Not available to destinations where UPS Next Day Air is committed for end of day delivery

For specific guarantee details and service availability, use our online applications to calculate delivery time and estimate cost.

Benefits

* Next-day service combined with up-to-the minute tracking information makes UPS Next Day Air Saver the right choice for overnight shipments on a budget
* Fast, reliable delivery guaranteed by the end of the day
* Free UPS Packaging is available for all UPS Air Services

Old 09-13-2005, 11:24 AM   #4
SPJ
Nice to know I paid $40 for UPS overnight and they sent it saver.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:48 AM   #5
SPJ
WOW!

I guess UPS rates have gone up a lot since the new fuel surcharge.

I just did a quote and got a rate of $40.52 for saver and almost $80 for regular overnight.

Old 09-13-2005, 04:23 PM   #6
ms_terese
Since we normally had animals shipped to us marked "HOLD FOR CUSTOMER" at the nearest hub, we always used Next Day Air Saver. The animals were unloaded and ready to be picked up by the time the office opened at 8:00 a.m.

Old 09-13-2005, 04:50 PM   #7
SPJ
The saver really didn't make much of a difference. The animal got here at 1pm so it wasn't really at the end of the day like the site says.

Of course it would have been nice if he was really a she like I bought and I wasn't too thrilled with the packing.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!