Bill from Alan Bosch Reptiles (BAD GUY) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
scman2328
Angry Bill from Alan Bosch Reptiles (BAD GUY)

My name is Sean Throne and on Jan. 12, 2008 I bought a Hog Island boa from Bill with Alan Bosch Reptiles from his own personal breeding pair of Hog Islands. The next day on Jan. 13, 2008 when I got home form work about 5:00 p.m. the snake was dead. I contacted Bill the same day to notify him about this issue and to see about a replacement. Bill told me to freeze the snake and he would be coming to get it on Wednesday Jan. 15, 2008 and to call him then. When I called him he informed me that I would have to bring the snake back to him so he could perform a necropsy and depending on the cause of death he would see what he could do about giving us a good deal on a replacement and told me the snake was healthy when it left his store. I have chosen not to take the snake to him if I'm going to have to pay for the replacement and I wanted to let everyone know about my experience with Bill.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
Wilomn
Interesting that he would want you to freeze it for a necropsy knowing that it would ruin the body for full necropsy results.

Freezing it would also make it unable to be returned positive for IBD.

Have a necropsy done anyway and see what else is found. A snake dying that fast is not the norm by any means.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #3
Suncoast Herpetological
Shawn

What was the animals age?

Old 02-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
Whitewater Reptiles
Also, during transport did the snake have a chance to become overheated ? It's definitely not normal for a healthy snake to pass that fast.
Mike Derks

Old 02-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
scman2328
Harlan,

Bill said the snake was a few months old.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #6
scman2328
Mike,

No the snake did not have the chance to overheat. We were very careful to make sure the car was warm, but not too warm!

Sean

Old 02-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #7
Powderfinger
You actually picked up what appeared to be a healthy snake, in person, took it home and it died? That's the whole story???

Sounds odd.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #8
bill albright
Quote:
Originally Posted by scman2328
My name is Sean Throne and on Jan. 12, 2008 I bought a Hog Island boa from Bill with Alan Bosch Reptiles from his own personal breeding pair of Hog Islands. The next day on Jan. 13, 2008 when I got home form work about 5:00 p.m. the snake was dead. I contacted Bill the same day to notify him about this issue and to see about a replacement. Bill told me to freeze the snake and he would be coming to get it on Wednesday Jan. 15, 2008 and to call him then. When I called him he informed me that I would have to bring the snake back to him so he could perform a necropsy and depending on the cause of death he would see what he could do about giving us a good deal on a replacement and told me the snake was healthy when it left his store. I have chosen not to take the snake to him if I'm going to have to pay for the replacement and I wanted to let everyone know about my experience with Bill.
Hey guys,
This is bill w/ alan bosch reptiles.
That’s not exactly the way it happened but it’s close.
Sean purchased the hog, that we produced. It was nine weeks of age and was in apparent perfect health.
He called me a few days later stating that it had past the next day. I did find this to be odd having had it in our care for all that time and seen no problem what so ever. He was unable to get it to me the same day so I told him to freeze it. I wanted to have the necropsy done to make sure it had not been cooked or crunched. As long as the snake had died and not been killed, I would gladly replace it.
I was never going to p/up the snake. He was to return it to me on three occasions and failed to do so.
I am truly sorry for the lose of the animal and will still replace the snake as long as it was not mistreated and thus leading to it’s death.
We at alan bosch reptiles stand behind our animals and want every one to be satisfied. If you have any questions or comments, we can be easily reached at
678-300-9805 or at
Alanboschreptiles.com

Old 02-07-2008, 10:46 PM   #9
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfaiii
He was unable to get it to me the same day so I told him to freeze it. I wanted to have the necropsy done to make sure it had not been cooked or crunched. As long as the snake had died and not been killed, I would gladly replace it.

I am truly sorry for the lose of the animal and will still replace the snake as long as it was not mistreated and thus leading to it’s death.
We at alan bosch reptiles stand behind our animals and want every one to be satisfied. If you have any questions or comments, we can be easily reached at
678-300-9805 or at
Alanboschreptiles.com
Ok, here's the thing.

If you work for allen, you MUST know about IBD. If you know about IBD you MUST know that freezing will make a positive ID of IBD veritably impossible. IF you are experienced with reptiles you must know that putting a dead animal in the refrigerator even for a few days will have no effect on cause of death determination.

Why did you tell him to freeze it? Is it company policy to tell customers who have had animals die to freeze them prior to necropsies?

Old 02-07-2008, 10:58 PM   #10
nora
As long as Bill is willing to work with the buyer to get a replacement, so long as it wasnt mistreated in anyway, his offer sounds more than fair to me. It is indeed a shame that the animal died so quickly. Just doesnt sound right especially if bill is saying that the snake was in perfect health when it left.

Just out of curiosity.. was the snake shipped or did william pick up the snake in person?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!