Some red eyed tree frog questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:17 AM   #1
RedI
Some red eyed tree frog questions

I am interested in breeding red eyes.I have a few questions:What light do I use?,I want to use aquarium gravel covered with leaf litter and live moss ,and I will not have a water feature,so how will I to clean out the water that gathers underneath?I usually have a water feature and use a turkey baster.I could not drill a hole and then have pipes to drain out the water because the enclosure will be on a shelf .Could I use an all glass top with no ventilation like I do with other frogs?I plan on getting 5-7 adult red eyes,and when I get breeding activity do I seperate the pair from the rest of the group or do I let them breed cummunally?I want to put the tadpoles in one gallon containers,so How many tadpoles will fit in each container?My main concern is raising the tadpoles,Where do I put eggs when I get them outm of the enclosure? Do I put the eggs in water so when the tadpoles slip out they will be in water?,and what all do I need to rear tadpoles?Sorry to flood everybody with questions,but I did not find a good site that will answer them.Thanks,
JP

Old 07-30-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
Ed Clark
Try this site for red eye info.

talkto.thefrog.org

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!