ship your reptiles website - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #91
charmer
Perfectly!

Thanks Robyn!
That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I was unsure of shipping if it would arrive later than that, so timing of delivery was key!
I now confidently look forward to using your site for the first time this Tuesday to ship one of my reptiles out!
Stephanie Siebert

Old 03-30-2009, 03:33 PM   #92
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn@Pro Exotics View Post
Our goal is the best possible result for all live reptile shippers. At Pro Exotics, we have always used the standard Next Day Air option.

Both UPS and FedEx offer a late day delivery option, Next Day Air Saver in the case of UPS, and it is a bit cheaper, but delivery is not until late afternoon.

However, that does not give the shipper, or the live reptile, the best chance of success. Since we are providing the shipping interface to shippers, including many inexperienced shippers, we decided not to offer the Saver/late day arrival option.

We offer a terrific rate for Next Day Air, and for the vast majority of delivery addresses, delivery is guaranteed by 10:30am.

We have tried to eliminate as many potentially negative variables as possible, and I think this one is key. The $5 in additional savings is just not worth the potentially disastrous exposure for the live reptile shipments.

Does that answer your question Stephanie?
I'm far enough out that UPS don't guarantee delivery until after 12:30. A few of my customers are in the same boat. I understand trimming the fat but for some cases, your spending extra money for nothing. Just sayin.

Thanks for answering my other question. For a tad bit more clarity, if I'm setting up multiple shipments for pick up, am I charged an individual fee that is automatically recalculated or do i need to shoot ya'll an e-mail to have that recalculated for billing?

I'm in the sticks & my other half and myself share a vehicle so driving to a shop or other business to add my packages isn't always feasible.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #93
robyn@Pro Exotics
Hey Byron, we are not trimming the fat, so much as trimming the VARIABLES, to give all shipments the best possible chance of success : )

If you are shipping multiple packages, 3 packages NDA, 2 packages 3Day Select, and 7 packages Ground, and they are all ready for pickup on the same day, you only have to pay for driver pickup for ONE of the packages. The driver will be happy to take ALL of them when he comes for your one package : )

Old 03-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #94
robyn@Pro Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansexotics View Post
I seen the raves but no one saying if they saved anything.. I shipped 7 packages and saved a bunch.

APS Account Number: P2PS********
Account Opened: March 18, 2009
Total Orders to Date: 7

Total Savings to Date: $151.98
That's a nice feature, right? : )

That was Chad's idea, and it really is brilliant, yet simple. It is a steady reminder, a quick reference, to how much money you are really saving!

Old 03-30-2009, 11:25 PM   #95
BryonsBoas
Cool! Thats all I needed to know. We used SYR for 1 shipment going out and 1 shipment coming in and were very pleased how easy & smooth it went. SYR is definitely what Reptster wanted to be.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #96
john_ny217
have used SYR on multiple occassions and have yet to find anything wrong with them. Have been super pleased with the savings and service!

Old 04-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #97
TriangleReptiles
Haven't shipped YET with SYR, but have been on the receiving end. I received my snake at 9:15 am happy and healthy and was only charged $35.00 shipping. I will certainly use this service instead of FedEx (I am certified) this spring.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!