ship your reptiles website - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:56 AM   #71
TripleMoonsExotic
Airholes are not necessary. I never recommend punching holes in the insulation nor have I ever done it (defeats the purpose of using insulation, imo).

The vid's great. Very detailed for those who are new to shipping! I do however see a concern...As Adie pointed out, it does not mention the federal requirement (Lacey Act) of listing the contents on the outside of the box. I did confirm with F&W that it is required a few months ago. When I have more time I'll post the e-mail correspondence with them along with the documents they provided me.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #72
ForkedTung
Nice video Robyn, minimal glare off your skull and everything...lol

Ship Your Reptiles and UPS will ship Mon. thru Thurs. for next morning delivery.

I would like to recommend something that I believe most responsible shippers do:
ONLY ship Mon.- Weds. That way if you ship on Weds. and there is a problem with the package ( ie. it gets lost, etc...) there are at least two full days for it to be found and returned to you (if need be) before the weekend shuts down most deliveries. just a suggestion.

Finally someone got this right!

Kudos to the Pro Exotics team!

Old 03-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #73
WingedWolf
Awesome--I'm STILL waiting on the Fed Ex cert I started back in December. Last month I managed to get as far as faxing over the signed paperwork. And I still haven't got the darned thing. This solves that worry. <lol>
UPS it is. I used UPS back when I was breeding geckos, and never had a problem with them.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #74
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn@Pro Exotics View Post
The support and feedback, in just two days of being live, has been tremendous. We are passionate about the reptile hobby, and we are stoked on this new business.

Thanks.
Congrats Robyn! Hope all goes well.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #75
littleindiangirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf View Post
Awesome--I'm STILL waiting on the Fed Ex cert I started back in December. Last month I managed to get as far as faxing over the signed paperwork. And I still haven't got the darned thing. This solves that worry. <lol>
UPS it is. I used UPS back when I was breeding geckos, and never had a problem with them.
That's nuts, we got certified in about a month and thought we were getting the run around.

But, hopefully this shipyourreptiles.com keeps up the good work, I think they are taking it in the right direction!

I am still curious about what FrankyKeno mentioned, if there is something we can have on hand if a package is ever refused by UPS workers.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:11 AM   #76
bekers71
I have a question on scheduling shipping. Where I live the closest UPS site is at least an hour away. So can they do pick up at my house or do I have to find a drop off location?

Yea..living in the country sucks some times. LOL

Becky Tibbs

Old 03-25-2009, 09:53 AM   #77
Shadera
Yes, UPS will pick up!

I received a packaged shipped through this portal yesterday and was very pleased. For me, UPS is the better of the carriers here and things have always been delivered well ahead of the suggested time deadline.

Great job Robyn, keep it up! I wonder if UPS has some measurable jump in their volume this last week?

Old 03-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #78
ophidile
Well I sent my first package out via this service and everything went smoothly.

Some things to note: The UPS website still has listed as Prohibited Live Animals - Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous LINK

shipyourreptiles.com also explicitly says NOT to say you're shipping a "live snake", but rather a live harmless reptile/vertebrate: LINK

I really do understand not upsetting someone who is snake-phobic, but if this ever comes up, I'm afraid it will be a problem. I'm a terrible liar, and terrible at dodging the truth; if someone presses me, I will say what I'm shipping.

On the other hand, I DID write the full information of what I was shipping in plain view on the outside of my box:
(1) LIVE HARMLESS REPTILE
Elaphe guttata
cornsnake
And it was delivered without any issue that I know of, and the snake arrived safely and is apparently happy (eating anyway).

Soooo, I'm a little dubious of being told to dodge the truth, but on the other hand I was up front and the box was shipped safely. It's a good deal, and I don't mean to sound unappreciative of this new service, just pointing out what could be improved in the future.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #79
bekers71
ophidile it's not dodging the truth. You are telling the truth 100% by saying it is a reptile. There is just no need to give specifics to the person you are dropping off the package to. If you have a contract with the company then a worker behind a counter is to simply ship the package. I've heard many stories where people are certified to ship snakes through fedex but the person at the counter refuses to take the package because it says 'snake' on it. There are some people, that if they know there is a snake in the box, will intentionally be rough with handling it. FedEx will not reimburse for a dead arrival and neither will UPS. You can be with in the guidelines of the law with out announcing it to the world.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:21 PM   #80
ophidile
But I thought the law states you have to put the common name on the box?

Should I just put "Corn" on the box instead of "cornsnake"? XD

Well the shippers don't usually press me too closely, and yeah I'm aware some fedex employees will refuse to ship snakes. But like I said, if someone keeps asking me "okay but what KIND of reptile" I have a hard time not saying what it is.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!