Reptiles Express, snake shipping suspended - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:08 AM   #61
BallPythonZone
We still cant ship snakes Thur RE Or SYR.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #62
WebSlave
I posted this reply on a thread in the BOI, but think it is relevant here as well...

All things considered, it's actually very unfortunate that SYR's deal with UPS fell through, no matter what the reason. If for no other reason than the fact that it gave everyone OPTIONS for shipping their animals. Right now, unless sellers are able to convince their buyers to run to the airport to pick up their packages, FedEx is IT as far as shipping live animals is concerned. Quite honestly, this fact used to keep me tossing and turning at night thinking about it, because it is just not healthy at all to have your entire business completely dependent on any ONE source for an absolutely necessary product or service.

The simple fact that SOMETHING caused UPS to become unwilling to work with SYR (and others) should be fair warning that there is always the possibility that the same or similar events COULD happen with FedEx and have them drop this service as well. So EVERYONE who may be somewhat lacking, needs to clean up their act for shipping animals so that this essential service from FedEx doesn't just go away SUDDENLY one day, and leave everyone with NO satisfactory options for their shipping needs.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #63
coldbloodedcages
ReptilesExpress.com Update:

No news at this point is good news. If it was UPS's decision to stop working with RE we would have just been cut off like others have been. All of our accounts are still active and we are still shipping supplies out everyday with UPS. We are in almost daily talks with UPS to get a system that both RE and UPS are happy with. UPS has approved shipping snakes no waiver needed to everyone. We are hoping to be back up and running by Feb. Nothing is 100% yet and we will work hard everyday until we can sell labels again or UPS and RE cant come to a agreement. We will let everyone know as soon as we do. Keep your fingers crossed.

Brendan

Old 01-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #64
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbloodedcages View Post

No news at this point is good news. If it was UPS's decision to stop working with RE we would have just been cut off like others have been. All of our accounts are still active and we are still shipping supplies out everyday with UPS. We are in almost daily talks with UPS to get a system that both RE and UPS are happy with. UPS has approved shipping snakes no waiver needed to everyone. We are hoping to be back up and running by Feb. Nothing is 100% yet and we will work hard everyday until we can sell labels again or UPS and RE cant come to a agreement. We will let everyone know as soon as we do. Keep your fingers crossed.

Brendan
No offense meant... but I would like to see this in writing on UPS letterhead. They have been stubborn thus far. If you really pulled this off... then I would like to shake your hand for your efforts.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:47 AM   #65
Lucille
Quote:

Brendan
Brendan,

Perhaps you could take a moment from your talks and finish up your business here:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=197582

Old 03-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #66
KelliH
Lucille you beat me to it, I was about to post the same.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #67
hhmoore
(moderator hat half off)
While posting BOI links is common, and certainly allowed, in the classifieds, it seems a bit out of place in a discussion forum...especially when the discussion appears to have died 2 months ago. On the other hand, Brendan certainly seemed to be using this thread to advertise his business. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. (weighing........weighing)

Nope - feels too much like seeing certain other members pursued in random threads; and that situation prompted a pretty firm response to stop it.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #68
brd7666
Quote:

Brendan
I can't find where this is true. Could you give us some more info about it? I have been on UPS's web site, and it list's snake as prohibited. If what you are saying is true, then maybe they have not updated their web site. If it is true, who can we contact to verify?

Here is a link to UPS's prohibited animals list as it reads right now.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...s/animals.html

Old 03-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #69
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
(moderator hat half off)

Nope .
I hear what you are saying and nope it is, but lol the hat half off

Old 03-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #70
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
I can't find where this is true. Could you give us some more info about it? I have been on UPS's web site, and it list's snake as prohibited. If what you are saying is true, then maybe they have not updated their web site. If it is true, who can we contact to verify?

Here is a link to UPS's prohibited animals list as it reads right now.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...s/animals.html
Last I talked to Brendan about this, RE was still under negotiations over the financial end of things with UPS (trying to get a better rate) and was working with FedEx so they can offer both.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!