FedEx Certification Contact - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:52 PM   #11
toddg
Thanks a million!!!

Chris,

I wanted to thank you for the FEDEX contact. I just finished sending him an email stating I want to legally ship snakes. The local employees of FEDEX and UPS looked at me like I was on fire when mentioning this. It is amazing how these employees have no clue you can do this. Thanks again and I can not wait to hear from a rep!

Sincerely,
Todd Gustafson

Old 06-06-2005, 08:22 AM   #12
CJBianco
Todd,

Great to hear the news! FedEx is really starting to react to the shipping needs of the reptile breeders...and it can only get better!

Chris Bianco
(864) 706-7399
cjbianco@charter.net

PS -- If anyone else has questions or concerns about the whole FedEx Certification process, please do not hesitate to call or email me anytime.

Old 06-07-2005, 04:37 PM   #13
DragonCharm
I just sent him an email to get myself setup and thanked him for his service to the herp trade. MILLIONS of dollars are being spent annually by herpers to ship animals across the country and around the world, why shouldn't they welcome us with open arms?

Old 06-13-2005, 07:43 AM   #14
gmherps
I'm still waiting on my rep to call me. Lenny supposedly forwarded my info to him / her and I'm now in the WAITING process.

Old 06-13-2005, 09:27 AM   #15
Alias47
Your rep better get with it...or you can request a different rep, I believe.

My rep called me back within two hours of emailing Lenny...

I have been thoroughly impressed with her from the beginning...as I stated she has NEVER certified anyone for reptile shipping...but has been on top of it from the beginning...and is very eager to learn the process...and has kept in constant contact with me every step of the way.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:02 AM   #16
CJBianco
Greg,

Trust me. If Lenny says he forwarded your message...he forwarded your message. Here's what I would do...

I would email Lenny again and explain the situation. Tell him how your local FedEx rep seemingly avoids you. Mention that you have clients that need their animals shipped soon. (And you would like to ship via FedEx.) Ask if you may choose to work through a different, non-local FedEx representative...such as Lenny.

Let us know...

Chris Bianco
(864) 706-7399
cjbianco@charter.net

Old 06-23-2005, 08:47 AM   #17
gmherps
Just sent my box to package and design yesterday. Now for the wait. One good thing is that Lenny is my account rep since my rep never contacted me.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:54 AM   #18
CJBianco
Lenny is your rep, too? Cool! He contacted me last week and asked if everything was going well for everyone. I told him there was one guy who was really against a wall. I said that Lenny forwarded his email to the appropriate rep, but the rep has still not responded. (Obviously I was talking about you and your slacker rep.) Lenny said he would take care of it right away.

I guess he did...

Good Things. Now you only have a few days until your package is approved and one more week to get the paperwork. You're on your way!

I told you Lenny was the BEST! =)

Chris Bianco
(864) 706-7399
cjbianco@charter.net

Old 06-23-2005, 08:55 AM   #19
Alias47
My box order showed up from U-Line like 3 weeks ago...just been too lazy to go pick up some styrofoam...LOL...

Have the testing application all filled out on my desk waiting to be sent...

Hey...you did use the Package Design and Testing Account Number...so you can get your package shipped the D & D department for free, right?

The people at Design and Development said to ship it 2nd Day Service...if anyone wants the number (I had a HELL of a time getting it...I even was able to get it before my rep...hard to get ahold of the D & D people) PM me and I will be glad to give it to you...

Old 06-23-2005, 11:40 AM   #20
CJBianco
Actually, Lenny shipped my test package himself. What service! LOL =)

I probably wouldn't give the account number out to anyone, though. It just seems a bit wrong to give out free account numbers. Who knows?

Chris =)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!