Flytrap???? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Flora > Flora General Discussions

Notices

Flora General Discussions This will cover anything and everything you all wish to discuss about plants.

Old 05-23-2005, 02:12 PM   #1
gatorbabies
Flytrap????

Hello,

Do I have to let my plants go dormant in the winter (nov - feb)?

thanks

Dorothy

Old 05-24-2005, 04:28 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
I found that my traps went dormant all on there own. I even upped temps and moisture levels to try to keep them active and it didn't work. I would venture to say you don't have a choice in the matter unless I myself did something wrong..........

Anyone else???

Old 05-25-2005, 06:43 AM   #3
gatorbabies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
I found that my traps went dormant all on there own. I even upped temps and moisture levels to try to keep them active and it didn't work. I would venture to say you don't have a choice in the matter unless I myself did something wrong..........

Anyone else???
Where did you put them?

I have read they should get some sunlight but it should be 40 degrees.

I have them in the window to get sun. And I have a plastic pop over them to keep the humidity in.

Can I keep them in the window when they go dormant?

I do keep my house about 70 degrees in the winter. I live in COLD : ( Pittsburgh, pa.

thanks

Dorothy

Old 05-26-2005, 01:47 PM   #4
Rebel Dragons
I live in Lancaster, Pa so I know about your weather first hand. During the winter months I moved mine from the kitchen to the living room a few feet from the furnace. They got some heat and light from the living room window. A few went into light dormancy and few didn't. If the temps stay higher and they get natural light I have found that few will go into dormancy.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:31 PM   #5
gatorbabies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
I live in Lancaster, Pa so I know about your weather first hand. During the winter months I moved mine from the kitchen to the living room a few feet from the furnace. They got some heat and light from the living room window. A few went into light dormancy and few didn't. If the temps stay higher and they get natural light I have found that few will go into dormancy.
We gets some ugly weather, don't we?

: (

My living room window is big and gets the most sun.

Can I keep them in the living room window in the winter? I keep my house about 70 - 72 in the winter.

Or should I put them on a stand in front of the living room window with the curtin open (for sun light)?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!