J D Reptiles (Jim Deaton) Indiana LIES, LIES ALL LIES! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
big daddy's wholesal
J D Reptiles (Jim Deaton) Indiana LIES, LIES ALL LIES!

This guy Jim Deaton calls me concerning trading some Ball Pythons for some retics. He starts by telling me that he does not have the internet but does all his transactions by sending pictures through the mail. This struck me as weird seeing how I was just speaking to two different guys in our industry who this guy had contacted wanting them to send him pictures of pinstripes and bumblebees so he could decide what he wanted to buy. Then he goes on and states that he purchased some snakes from Ian G., Mark Bell, Nerd, Bob Clark, Brian B. and many others. I contacted some of the names and no one knows or has ever heard of this guy except for the send me some pics of your snakes to me in the mail scheme. Next he starts telling me how he produced the snakes he has for trade. His words (A het spider to het spider to produce 5 spiders. A het pinstripe to a pinstripe to produce 3 pinstripes) by this time I know it's a scam. Once I was on to him I started questioning him and he got nervous and even more stupid. A couple of the people he has requested pics through the mail has given me the address that he gave them to send the pics to him, which by the way is different from the address he wanted me to ship too. The guy even tried telling me three different names that he is calling himself. Here is all the info he has given to me and a couple of other people.
Jim Deaton AKA Jay Deaton AKA Jay Beeton
J. D. Reptiles J.D. Reptiles
6142 ST. Joe Center road 6505 reed road
Fort Wayne Indiana 46835 Fort Wayne Indiana 46835

He has told other people who he has requested pics from that he is looking to purchase some high-end ball pythons because he is planning on opening a pet store in the area and wants to sell them out of his store. After confronting him with all this information he went nutts and has said that he already shipped me the balls and wanted me to paypal him money or send out some snakes or he threated to put me on fauna. He even gave me a tracking number for the supposed snakes that he sent through the US post office. I went to my local post office and they did some checking and the package is guaranteed to arrive Saturday (3 days). He went on to state that he went on and sent me the following snakes.
5 spiders
3 pinstripes
2 lemonblasts
2 bumblebees
1 pied male 750 grams
We didn't even discuss all of these snakes in our conversation. But the price for all of the above will floor you. $2000.00 total
Now that's what he demands I send him tonight or else. I told him that when the package arrives that if the snakes listed above are indeed in the shipment and they are alive and healthy that I will send him $2000.00 out immediately.

I think we all know what the real deal is here but I just wanted to through this clowns name out theres no chance of him scamming anyone. Not that I think he is smart enough to pull it off anyway. (HET SPIDERS AND PINS)
I will let you know what if anything I receive in the mail as well. I hope this helps someone and keeps this guy from ripping anyone a new one!

Also for someone just getting started, It is against the law to ship snakes with The United States Postal Service!!!

Allen Belcher 706-615-4772

Old 08-08-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
critical bill
Is the post office trying to stop this package en-route to you? I'm sure if he mailed you anything its more then likely a brick in a box. But did the postmaster tell you anything more about the shipment or how they might be handling it? Because if he really did ship you those snakes.....then they are more than likely headed for death.

Lets cross our fingers and pray that he just thought you het for imbecile.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
reefkeeper
Here are my encounters with this fine man. I'm glad to see that he wasn't successful and hopefully this will put an end to this low-life.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=Brett+Bender

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=Brett+Bender

Brett Bender

Old 08-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #4
jnjreptile
<<Inquiry>> Jim Harper or Jim Dean in Fort Waryne Area?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello -
I'm looking for any information on Jim Harper or Jim Dean in the Fort Wayne Area. They also mentioned opening a store front called J & J Reptiles. Any information would be helpful.

Thank you!
Brett

Now this guy has gone beyond being a scum bag in my book. He not only tried to get pics of our animals to scam people he is also looking to use the same company name as us. I hope this S.O.B gets what comming to him.
Hopefully no one falls for his b.s and looses out on any animals or money.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #5
jnjreptile
Sorry meant to quote from this thread & my reply is towards this thread....
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...ht=Brett+Bender

Old 08-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #6
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjreptile
Sorry meant to quote from this thread & my reply is towards this thread....
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...ht=Brett+Bender

I think something is wrong with that link. it doesn't seem to go anywhere other than logging me out and takes me to a page that says I need to register.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:06 PM   #7
jnjreptile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
I think something is wrong with that link. it doesn't seem to go anywhere other than logging me out and takes me to a page that says I need to register.

The original links are on post #36. I am not sure why it isn't working on our thread.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #8
David Reid
This has probably already been thought of...

But, by asking for pics, I am sure the pics he gets are the ones he sends out as pics of his own snakes.

Dave

Old 08-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #9
big daddy's wholesal
Well I got the package today and opened it at the post office and we have another ball morph to add to the list. THE INVISIBLE BALLS. The box was empty and I am glad of it. The pics of balls is absolutely the funniest thing I have heard of. Great idea. Well guess this is over for me and I hope this thread keeps someone from getting burned. Best wishes to everyone and thanks for the insight and the laughs.

Allen Belcher

Old 08-11-2007, 03:19 AM   #10
dprince
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy's wholesal
Well I got the package today and opened it at the post office and we have another ball morph to add to the list. THE INVISIBLE BALLS. The box was empty and I am glad of it. The pics of balls is absolutely the funniest thing I have heard of. Great idea. Well guess this is over for me and I hope this thread keeps someone from getting burned. Best wishes to everyone and thanks for the insight and the laughs.

Allen Belcher
What a tool, sending an empty box. Allen, glad to see you have a good sense of humor, and didn't get taken by this jerk.