Dan Felice...EXTORTION..LIES ...HARRASSMENT and BIG THANK YOU TO THE PA. POLICE !!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-20-2005, 08:11 PM   #1
Justin Mitcham
Dan Felice...EXTORTION..LIES ...HARRASSMENT and BIG THANK YOU TO THE PA. POLICE !!!!

I just dropped by here to share a nightmare of a experience with you folks regarding Dan Felice. This all started a couple weeks ago when he emailed me wanting to purchase a red bull I had offered for sale. I sent him my address and I that's the last I heard from him. Several days pass and he emails me claiming that he sent me a money order and that I received it and he wants his snake. I explained to him that it is no longer available and that he must be mistaken because I never received a money order. I asked for more details like his name etc...
Instead of sending the information I requested so we could get to the bottom of this he sends several threatening emails claiming he was a cop and that I better send him the cash or he is coming down here to pay me a very unpleasant visit. I then sent him an email letting him know I do not tolerate threats and that I DO NOT HAVE HIS MONEY.
After receiving a few more threatening emails , a post on kingsnake etc... I decided to call his bluff and find out if he was a cop and report him. I found his address from an old BOI post and called the local police department in his area. Apparently harassing a person and impersonating a cop for the purpose of intimidation and to get money from them is a serious crime.The detective who handled my case had a chat with Dan and as of now if he does anything else he is facing legal action from them. Also the Fort Worth police department has not yet decided what to do, so he still could be facing some serious charges here in Texas.
If any of you have had similar experiences with this guy let me know, I know a couple of detectives who can help.

Old 06-20-2005, 08:19 PM   #2
Suncoast Herpetological
Justin

I take it that Dan is not a police officer?

Old 06-20-2005, 08:21 PM   #3
Justin Mitcham
nope not a cop, but he does play one in his imagination.....

Old 06-20-2005, 08:35 PM   #4
hill4803
Another thing you could do is report his internet abuse to his ISP. Email a complaint & attach the emails from him to : postmaster@{whoever his provider is}.com/net (for example: postmaster@yahoo.com). I had a guy send me a bunch of asinine email FROM HIS WORK EMAIL, I googled his place of business and called & talked to the manager... forwarded the emails to him & also complained to the ISP. Within 24 hours the OWNER of the company sent me 2 emails apologizing & they fired the guy. Your buddy could lose his internet service & maybe his job!

Old 06-20-2005, 09:19 PM   #5
Ed Clark
Thumbs up good luck

Justin,its good to see that the police stepped in to help. ED CLARK

Old 06-20-2005, 10:43 PM   #6
RyanT
I'm surprised to hear that about Dan. He must have been having a bad day or something. I met him in person a couple years ago. He lives 5 minutes from me. We met about a bull snake I had. He seemed like a cool guy and is pretty well known for Pituophis and Cribos. That sounds strange for him to do something like that. But I guess people do some strange things sometimes. At least you didn't lose any money or animals. Just had to get some stupid emails. Of course this is no excuse but maybe he was just pissed for whatever reason and wanted to make you pissed too.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:53 PM   #7
Lucille
I would like to see the emails posted, and would like to see Dan respond, I emailed him about this thread. I have talked to him a several times and haven't seen any kind of behavior like this.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:00 PM   #8
Justin Mitcham
since this is still considered ongoing by Fort Worth PD I am not going to post the emails in a public forum until I run it by them...but I will email you his emails and I trust you will repect this and not post them until this is done. I have seen many of your post and you seem very open minded and fair.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:04 PM   #9
Lucille
I will of course respect a request of that nature; please forward the emails to me.

Old 06-21-2005, 01:46 AM   #10
bluerosy
OMG this is a little embarassing. I have had a similar experience with Dan. At the time I did not realize he was extorting me and I sent him two snakes.

Here is the short version of what took place:
Dan Felice wrote me some threatening emails (out of the blue) after I sold him a snake 8 months prior. Before that I never heard a word from him . In his email to me 8 months after receiving the snake he threatened to ruin my business and told me it was not worth "my good name" for him to go public over a cheap snake and that I "better pay the piper". This was all in his first email to me. I even had to do some reseach to find out who this guy was and if I sold him a snake. I found where I did send him a snake so I called him on the phone and he sang a different tune in person. I was so taken in by his game . He told me the snake stopped feeding (it was not even dead) and that he really liked it ect . Anyway he smoothed me over enough on the phone to get me to send him something. Being very proud of how I can make any customer happy and being taken in by his good guy demeanor over the phone.. I told him I would not send him one but two hypo brooksi when they are avaliable next summer and he can keep the "supposed" non feeding hypo. Now I know knowbody would do business like that but it was just a couple fairly inexpensive snakes (a couple eggs here and there) and I never forgot the roots and love of this hobby when I got into it. Anyways, sometimes I try to hard to make a customer happy no matter how wrong they may be. This was not only a successful con for Dan Felice but a much easier one since he did not have to resort to impersonating a police officer. He must have known Justin was harder to intimidate than me.

Fast forward 4 months later and I send him the snakes after they hatch. But the last hours before shipping (the same day of shipping) he emails me a new address and tells me he moved. No phone call nothing else to change the snakes address he sent me the previous day. Kinda carefree of him to do considering these are live animals we are shipping. So luckily I checked my email that afternoon and I get the new address. I send the snakes to his new address and a about five days later I get the box back. Snakes dead inside from the heat of summer. On the box its written the address he gave me was undeliverable because there was no such address. I immediatly emailed him what happened and that I was not happy he gave me a wrong address and killed the snakes. I did not hear back from Dan, however I was glad to be done with him. Or so I thought.

Another 3 months pass and Dan has the nerve to write me another out-of-the-blue email threatening (again) about the snakes not arriving and the same threats about going public ect. Acts like no time has passed at all. At this point I knew his credibilty was non-existent (or he was just plain nuts) I still emailed him back a courteous letter pointing out where he is was wrong yet this time stood up to him by being firm and that I will not be taken in by him.

Fast forward another year and I discover a thread about me on the BIO and Dan misrepresenting the facts about our transactions. This guy is an extortionist with mean streak a mile long. His alluded threats became a reality and all because I did not send this guy some more free snakes.

Warining folks, if you think you know Dan think again. He is a nightmare and I sell thousands of snake every year and he was my only unhappy customer I have ever had. I finally figured out he was out to get snakes from me for nothing (sorry I am not as swift as Justin) . I also knew he was an opportunist and enventually he would get caught. Problem is I think he has done this to other herpetoculturits but they are either to emabarassed to post or they don't want to post in a court of public opinion .

Through the process of my experience with Dan Felice threatening emails I lost two snakes and he posted some negative threads about me . The snakes are no big loss. However his posts here bothered me because so many jumped in from different angles its hard to get to the truth. He is the only bad guy i met in this business and I am glad his character has finally caught up with him. Unfortunately he used this forum to slander me.

Justin , I saw the thread he posted about you on Kingsnake before it was deleted. I guess Dans threats and posting on a public forum when his threats don't work are a pattern for him. I hope he will not get away with it this time.

Rainer Weishaupl
aka Bluerosy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!