Need help on shipping Ideas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
charlie476
Need help on shipping Ideas

FedEx states your shipment has to be business to business and overnight.
UPS states your shipment has to be overnight.

Nearly all worm and cricket farms in the US use the above companies for shipments and send 2nd day if not ground. Also they ship to non business home addresses. Now I don't see the problem with it. When I contacted FedEx to get set up to ship with them and was getting the certification info they told me that it has to be business to business and that their legal team was checking into many companies not following the rules. With that being said I'm gonna left not sure what do to. Shipping overnight with those companies would be unfeasible do to high prices unless you receive 65%+ off retail like most large companies do. I would just hate to start using FedEx only to find I was shut down the first month. However for all I know i could ship 24/7 with them and never have a problem. Any ideas would be much appreciated

Charlie

Old 06-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
KelliH
What about Express Mail or Priority Mail?

Old 06-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
charlie476
thanks for the reply Kelli Express mail is a great option but 10K worms shipped is about $32 most people don't care or want to spend that amount. Priority mail kinda stung me. Last two weeks i mailed out 35 boxes 3 of them got there 6+ days. I sent them replacement worms however priority mail is not a guaranteed service its only 2-3days in most cases. If it takes 7 days to them its so be it. I know its rare but it does happen. Another thing is they only offer delivery confirmation number which is only scanned when it is out for delivery from the post office. So in the mean time in transit you never know where it is or if it even left town or is lost. Waiting for my area rep from FedEx to call me back. Just seems odd every farm uses 2nd service some even home delivery yet the rules FedEx claims is overnight only. I didn't know if they just over look those companies cause they spend 1+ million a year in shipping sales or they don't really enforce it. I just know with my luck the first box i send out FedEx would be stopped and they would try to throw some ungodly fine at me lol

Charlie

Old 06-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
hhmoore
Try talking to your rep - find out what is going on, and how you can do what you need to do within the company guidelines.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
KelliH
Hmm...I agree with Harald. Speak to your Fed Ex rep and perhaps he or she can help you find a solution. I was not aware that one had to be certified with them to ship bugs but I guess this is a fact. Are you a business? Meaning, do you have a tax id# with the state? If not, this might be a good time to do so. One way to get around the "business to business" rule is to have the packages held at the Fed Ex hub closest to your customer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!