"Mitchell" from Texas (Inquiry) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-05-2004, 02:53 PM   #11
Joe K.
Thanks to everyone for the feedback

Its greatly appreciated......Joe

Old 05-05-2004, 03:03 PM   #12
Snakebyt
PM's have been sent

Old 05-05-2004, 05:26 PM   #13
odatria
Quote:
Originally posted by Python Dreams
IF he sold you the python and told you it would come with paperwork, he needs to refund your money. Wether times are tight or not, work out a payment program with him to get your money back, and let him prove it out on his own. You should not have to deal with the person he bought it from.
Tom Baker
I agree 100% with Tom on this one. This guy needs to man up and refund your money. Im sure he has some animals he can sell, even if they were holdbacks or whatever. But I also wouldnt give up on Mitchell either. For the record, I believe we are ALL entitled to the info on this guy. No matter what the circumstances are. I understand that Snakebyt may not want to be the one to break the story, but someone should.

Old 05-05-2004, 06:00 PM   #14
Xtreme Reptiles
Mitchell Perkey has been a good customer of ours since late 2002, he had always been upfront with us and stood behind every word he told us... I spoke to him numerous times and I never once felt that he would be one to scam anyone and I have a good sense of gauging people of that nature... I do not have any personal knowledge of his breeding projects, nor do I usually buy hets. But I would have believed him if he said he produced some... Unfortunately this is all Past tense, on Monday Mitchell father informed me that in late April Mitchell took his own life... For reasons only clear to him, he decided to take this action after a few personal problems... It is a sad thing and much of a surprise to me and a lot of those who knew him better... even up until the day before all who saw him claimed he appeared to be ok.... The reptile community has lost one of its own, a person who could have become in time a valued and well known member which this industry could use more of!!!

Sincerely
Alfredo Veloso

Old 05-05-2004, 06:08 PM   #15
Snakebyt
Thank you Alfredo, I for one will miss hanngin out with him from time to time. He was a good guy who always loved to talk herps with anyone who was willing. Yes, he will be truly missed.

Old 05-05-2004, 06:20 PM   #16
Joe K.
Shane Congdon

For the record Shane Congdon has been a straight forward guy from the begining. I have been in contact with him since the purchase and he wants to do right by me. He has offered me several snakes to trade back the Ball for but I am reducing my collection and don't really want another snake. I believe Shane when he says he wants things to be right and we will hopefully work this out. I just want this to be clear that Shane has answered every e-mail and phone call and is determined to see this through to hopefully a happy ending for all.........Thanks for all the replys ....Joe

Old 05-05-2004, 06:21 PM   #17
odatria
DAMN! That wasnt exactly what I was expecting to hear.

Snakebyt, I fully understand your reasoning for keeping that to yourself. It makes you wonder what was going on that could have been so bad. My condolences to his friends and family.

Old 05-05-2004, 06:25 PM   #18
Snakebyt
I dont want to give out any misinformation about the situation, but he told me he was going thru a divorce, and i think that had alot to do with it. What is odd is that the day before, he was at the bar i work at and we talked a bit, he seemed a little bummed, but overall he was in good spirits and having a good time..
I never saw anything coming.. was a great shock when i found out.

Terry

Old 05-05-2004, 07:16 PM   #19
Joe K.
Sorry for not doing this sooner

My full name is Joe Kezel

Old 05-06-2004, 10:25 PM   #20
uf_g8or
Thoughts and Prayers go out to his family...

I bought some het albino balls from Mitch last year. He sent me paperwork that he had typed up and signed and swore these were true hets. One of the females laid eggs for me so there is a possibility that I may find out. But either way, Mitch was a very nice guy and straight forward with me. I had even planned on going down there with work and possibly visiting with him and his snakes. I had just emailed him the other day to give him news about the gravid female. His father emailed me back and told me the horrific news.

Whether or not these turn out to be hets really isn't all that important. It's just extremely sad to see someone take his own life while still so young. My thoughts and prayers go out to Mitch and his family.

Take care everyone!

Thanks,
Michael Rehker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!