Arizona state law issues - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 07-01-2003, 05:35 PM   #1
DThomas
Arizona state law issues

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/

Old 07-01-2003, 05:38 PM   #2
DThomas
Sb1282

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/Documen..._Number=SB1282

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
¦ REFERENCE TITLE: wildlife diseases; agency orders ¦
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
¦ ¦
¦ ¦
¦ ¦
¦ State of Arizona ¦
¦ Senate ¦
¦ Forty-sixth Legislature ¦
¦ First Regular Session ¦
¦ 2003 ¦
¦ ¦
¦ SB 1282 ¦
¦ Introduced by ¦
¦ Senator Cannell R.; Representatives O'Halleran, Carruthers: Senator Binder; ¦
¦ Representative Burton Cahill ¦

AN ACT

AMENDING TITLE 17, CHAPTER 2, ARTICLE 3, ARIZONA REVISED STATUTES, BY ADDING SECTION 17-250; RELATING TO WILDLIFE DISEASES.

(TEXT OF BILL BEGINS ON NEXT PAGE)

Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Arizona:

Section 1. Title 17, chapter 2, article 3, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended by adding section 17-250, to read:

17-250. Wildlife diseases; order of director; violation; classification

A. IF A WILDLIFE DISEASE IS SUSPECTED OR DOCUMENTED IN FREERANGING OR CAPTIVE WILDLIFE, THE DIRECTOR MAY ISSUE ORDERS THAT ARE NECESSARY TO MINIMIZE OR ELIMINATE THE THREAT FROM THE DISEASE. THE DIRECTOR MAY ALSO ORDER OR DIRECT AN EMPLOYEE OF THE DEPARTMENT TO:

1. ESTABLISH QUARANTINES AND THE BOUNDARY OF THE QUARANTINE.

2. DESTROY WILDLIFE AS NECESSARY TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF ANY INFECTIOUS, CONTAGIOUS OR COMMUNICABLE DISEASE.

3. CONTROL THE MOVEMENT OF WILDLIFE, WILDLIFE CARCASSES OR WILDLIFE PARTS THAT MAY BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO SPREADING OR DISSEMINATING DISEASES THAT POSE A HEALTH THREAT TO ANIMALS OR HUMANS.

4. REQUIRE ANY INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS TAKEN WILDLIFE, WHO IS IN POSSESSION OF WILDLIFE OR WHO MAINTAINS WILDLIFE UNDER A LICENSE ISSUED BY THE DEPARTMENT TO SUBMIT THE WILDLIFE OR PARTS FOR DISEASE TESTING.

B. ON FINDING THERE IS REASON TO BELIEVE AN INFECTIOUS, CONTAGIOUS OR COMMUNICABLE DISEASE IS PRESENT, THE DIRECTOR MAY REQUIRE AN EMPLOYEE OF THE DEPARTMENT TO ENTER ANY PLACE WHERE WILDLIFE MAY BE LOCATED AND TAKE CUSTODY OF THE WILDLIFE FOR PURPOSES OF DISEASE TESTING.

C. A PERSON WHO VIOLATES ANY LAWFUL ORDER ISSUED UNDER THIS SECTION IS GUILTY OF A CLASS 2 MISDEMEANOR.

D. AN ORDER ISSUED UNDER THIS SECTION IS EXEMPT FROM TITLE 41, CHAPTER 6.

Old 07-21-2003, 11:34 PM   #3
Adamanteus
Arizona State links

State Homepage - http://www.az.gov/

State Legislature - http://www.azleg.state.az.us/

State Statutes/Code - http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/ars.htm

Old 06-20-2004, 02:41 PM   #4
Jason Nelson
Can I sell pyros to some one in AZ

I was wondering if I could sell pyros "nonlocality " from UT to some one in AZ . What about AZ locality ones?

thanks for the help

Jason

Old 06-23-2004, 05:53 PM   #5
The Reptile House
I know I could not sell them when we were at a show in Tempe nor our Cal kings but I am not sure about shipping them over. I would have to say no but not too sure.

Old 06-23-2004, 11:22 PM   #6
Jason Nelson
Thanks for the help . I was not sure . I have decided against sending them to AZ

jason

Old 06-23-2004, 11:38 PM   #7
The Reptile House
This is an amazing source

we use this all the time to see what is allowed to be owned in each state and what need permits to own, what is endangered and protected. We had one instance one guy wanted a sertain reptile and when we looked it up it stated that he had to apply for a state permit to own these. It states for Arizone what the native reptiles are and such but it does not go into the details of being able to bring them across shipped or transported. Transported by car( I am asuming shipped would fall under the same catagory) I know can not be done we are in california and we went for a show and I sell them out here as well as my Cal kings but could not take them there. The book for reference is:

A Field Guide to reptiles and the Law
By John P. Levell
the distributers # is 612-470-5013 and are located in MN if you can not find or order it in a book store give them a call. Hope this helps.

Old 06-25-2004, 07:16 PM   #8
Jason Nelson
Thanks again for all the help

Take care

jason

Old 03-20-2005, 02:09 PM   #9
JohnnyBadAss
Why cant you sell Calkings in Az? Im really interested in hearing this, becuase I know for a fact you can. Every shop has them I my self sell them along with most venders at shows sell them. Game and Fish have no regs over Calkings.

But you are right Pyros are not to be sold here or shipped here.

Take care

Old 03-20-2005, 02:11 PM   #10
JohnnyBadAss
I just relized how old these posts were... OOPS!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!