What would you do in this situation? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #41
deborahbroadus
Oooops. Sorry.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #42
hhmoore
By special request.....

Ban Hammer hungry!! Feed me with insults...NAO!!!

Old 09-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #43
ShadowAceD
XD <3 Harald. You rock. Lmao

Old 09-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #44
hhmoore
(see, if this was a BOI thread, I wouldn't have posted that here....it would have been disruptive)

Old 09-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #45
ShadowAceD
You should sticky it so it can be an example of "What not to do on the BOI".

Old 09-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #46
heebie.jeebies
Not sure if this has been resolved yet. If I were you, I wouldn't refund anything that died after 72 hours. From what I have seen, that seems to be the most amount of time sellers guarantee an animal for. Furthermore, if this guy really has been in the business for 17 years, he would know that most people certainly would not offer a refund after two weeks, because at that point, there would be too many possibilities as to what could have happened.

I invested in many, many snakes over the past several years, and I take them to the vet when they aren't doing well. I treat them, and sometimes they just don't make it. I have also had snakes randomly drop dead with no warning signs whatsoever. I never went after the seller because I am aware these things can happen. Had the snake arrived with something suspicious, or any type of sign that showed it was possibly not 100% healthy, then it would be a different story. You can do everything right, and sometimes it's just not enough. Furthermore, he praised you upon receipt of the animal, but then two weeks later after it dies, he suddenly accuses you of shabby packaging skills. If there were really an issue with the packaging, I would think that it would have come up before then.

Just my two cents....

Old 10-01-2010, 03:39 AM   #47
sagespyder@yahoo.com
I wouldn't refund him anything. Most places don't promise the snake will live past delivery, you know, just arrive alive. Afterwards it is the responsiblity of the new owner to take care of it, usually, even with you saying it is healthy, take a fecal sample to the vet, keep it seperate from the other snakes in the collection, etc. Many snakes won't eat if it is really unhealthy or stressed and many times you know when a snake is unhealthy. There are many signs after all. I have never seen a healthy snake die in 2 weeks unless there was an accident. You offering to replace the snake is great on your part and if he really wanted to add a snake to his collection to breed you think he would have jumped on that oppurtunity. I wouldn't offer anything else and let him know that the offer expired and he is stuck with what he has/had.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!