Building plastic cages? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Araidia
Building plastic cages?

So i need some new cages and i'm debating whether it's better to buy pre made cages or build my own. I need about 8, 4 foot cages which would be pretty pricey to buy new so i wanted to know about how much it would cost to build a plastic cage with sliding plexiglass doors and what kind of materials you used and how you put it together. If it would cost less than 150 a cage then i would definitely prefer to make my own.
So my questions are:
1. What is the best type of plastic to use, something that will not bow when they're stacked up and won't have a strong plastic smell. And where can i find the plastic. (i'd prefer black plastic or a way to paint it black that's safe for the snakes)
2. I'm new to building stuff with plastic, how would i connect the pieces, glue, screws? Does anyone have a good building plan?
3. If you've made a similar sized plastic cage about how much did it cost to make and how difficult was it to make?
4. If building cages turns out to cost to much what is the best brand of pre made cages that is safe and decent looking but cheap?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!