Looking for a Medium Sized bird - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 08:52 PM   #1
dragonflyreptiles
Looking for a Medium Sized bird

My 5 year old son has a new want and that is a bird. He saw our old quaker cage in the basement so he has been begging for a bird for a fwe weeks. I fugred he'd let it go by now like most things but he is really persistant and since I love all animals id like to get a bird or medium size.

We have a pretty big cage, its about 3' tall 2' wide and 2' deep, we had a rescued quaker in it for 11 years and when he passed I was so upset I put the cage in the basement and didn't want another bird but its been 6 years now so Im ready for a new house mate.

Id rather pick one up, I am in the middle of NC (Winston Salem) I can drive to mid SC or VA

Im not picky about species but a bird that would do well in the cage we have to work with. Nothing too small or really big, so Im thinking about another Quaker or possible Love bird ??

If anyone has anything email me at dragnflyreptile@aol.com

Thanks!!!
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-10-2005, 08:34 AM   #2
mycurlylocks
May I suggest a handfed cockatiel. The males can talk quite well. If you get one that has been given a lot of attention while being fed, they are your constant buddy!
By the way, there's always birds at the Raleigh show too!!!

Old 03-10-2005, 02:21 PM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
Thanks so much for the tip, now I have to go to the Raleigh show lol
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread