Info Ben Siegel Reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #31
Lucas339
Ben, shrug it off. its post like this that give you more creditability. you are a stand up business man which is somewhat rare these days in this industry.

you are in the right.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #32
black blood
how would it be any different if she kept the snake and then waited for an auction she wanted to bid on and use her auction bucks versus having you send her pics of a blood or two that you would be willing to part with for the same price.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #33
Pmsayi
Candace, by bidding on the animals you where saying you read and understood the policies placed in effect by the seller. What you are doing is getting dangerously close to defamation. Ben has been more than reasonable with what he has offered you. The character of an individual is not measured in whether or not they make a mistake but in how they attempt to fix that mistake. From what I have read in this thread Ben has made a valiant attempt to make you happy and correct the mistake he made.

I have purchased animals from Ben in the past at shows and never had any problems with animals I purchased. My personal experience with Ben is that of a professional. When you purchase a product from a seller you are agreeing to their policies, plain and simple. If you do not agree with their policies you should not purchase from that seller. My personal opinion is you are trying to get a free snake to add to your collection and that it is you attempting to do the bullying not Ben.

Ben, I think you have offered to do all you can to please her. At this point you have made many offers and the ball is in her court. Most likely nothing will be good enough to make her happy. As far as I'm concerned you have done no wrong and I would not hesitate to purchase from you in the future.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #34
BenSiegelReptiles
like we have time to take individual pics of animals for our awesome customers, let alone for someone who has sent us nasty texts and posted up their on fb wall the stuff she did---yeah--dont think thats happening! Funny how when someone got on her wall and started defending us she took down the post! Funny how unwilling you are to go above and beyond for someone who is just nasty to you for no good reason whatsoever. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Joshua, I see you are basically not seeing any of my view in this in the least, and I hope you do understand this has zero to do with money at this point at all.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #35
crookedantler
BEN ROCKS! I have a beautiful female Hog Island Boa from him and the deal couldn't have been sweeter,anytime you own a large retail business there will be a few customers you just can't please,I believe this to be the case,she wouldn't have been happy no matter what Ben did,I will buy from Ben anytime!

Old 09-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #36
Casey Hulse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmsayi View Post
Candace, by bidding on the animals you where saying you read and understood the policies placed in effect by the seller. What you are doing is getting dangerously close to defamation. Ben has been more than reasonable with what he has offered you. The character of an individual is not measured in whether or not they make a mistake but in how they attempt to fix that mistake. From what I have read in this thread Ben has made a valiant attempt to make you happy and correct the mistake he made.

I have purchased animals from Ben in the past at shows and never had any problems with animals I purchased. My personal experience with Ben is that of a professional. When you purchase a product from a seller you are agreeing to their policies, plain and simple. If you do not agree with their policies you should not purchase from that seller. My personal opinion is you are trying to get a free snake to add to your collection and that it is you attempting to do the bullying not Ben.

Ben, I think you have offered to do all you can to please her. At this point you have made many offers and the ball is in her court. Most likely nothing will be good enough to make her happy. As far as I'm concerned you have done no wrong and I would not hesitate to purchase from you in the future.

I think Ben clearly "stepped up to the plate" and tried to handle this situation in a very admirable way.
Ben has a stellar reputation for being fair and honest, and I do not think the OP has been reasonable at all.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #37
JColt
Never dealt with Ben but while I probably wouldnt be happy to see an injured animal I just bought, I'd be highly pleased with any of those offer's he made to make it right. Hey, things just get screwed up some times. I'd buy from Ben.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #38
CrowTRobot
I have won an auction before and was more than pleased with my purchase.
I have been in his store multiple times and they do get rather busy.
I have seen Ben at shows and he is kind and helpful.
I don't think this was done on purpose either.
They put up about 20+ animals on FB EVERY DAY so I'm sure a couple things (out of over 4,000) may fall through the cracks.
I HIGHLY doubt Ben or the crew would intentionally send out an injured animal knowing their reputation would be on the line. That's ridiculous.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #39
Jbreddawg
Wow, just wow. This thread should be about not selling to the op instead of about Ben.
After reading through the whole thing, I would be more worried doing business with her the Ben any day of the week.
So lets see, she bought a snake that had a cut. Ben has auction rules but those aren't good enough for her . He then offers to go above and beyond those rules and give her a full refund AND let her keep the snake or a full refund if she returns the snake. Neither of those options are ok with her.
She then tries to strong arm Ben with public outing if he doesn't go and take pics of some bloods so she can pick and choose ? Give me a break. The BOI does more to make her look unseasonable or like a flat out scammer then making Ben look bad.

Ben is one of the best reptile sellers in the buesiness ,period. Mistakes can happen to anyone, its how they handle them that makes or breaks you . Theres always going to be someone you cant please or that doesnt thing rules apply to them.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #40
Kevin11758
and... ben is still my hero.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!