What do you think these guys are? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-03-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
DanRC30
What do you think these guys are?

Ok, I pretty much know what I have here... I think. But a lot of people have been telling me different things, so I figure I'll ask all of you. Please post your own opinion describing these pythons I just picked up... I welcome all comments... thanks so much.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2006, 01:35 AM   #2
Swizz
I'm no professional but they look like very reduced pattern jungles?

Old 10-04-2006, 09:37 AM   #3
Lauren Summey
They look like beautiful Jungle Carpet Pythons to me. I love their patterns; they're very unique looking. Where did you get them?

Old 10-04-2006, 08:49 PM   #4
DanRC30
Believe it or not, I found them at a local pet shop... I just grabbed them cause I thought they were really nice... got a good deal too!

I haven't decided if I'm going to keep them, sell them, or trade them... they are really cool looking, but I really don't specialize in carpets... I dunno... we'll see... I'm in no rush to get rid of them... I like them a lot. I guess it depends on how tempting a trade would be from someone....

Old 10-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #5
DanRC30
By the way, they are chow hounds too!!!

Notice how one has an "open back" pattern, while the other is more tiger striped...
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #6
Lauren Summey
Nice

Wow, what a GREAT pet shop find! I just love the head pattern on the one in the third pic; it's so unique looking... Are they a male/female pair?

Old 10-04-2006, 10:19 PM   #7
DanRC30
I'm not sure... They are supposed to be. I probed both and both went pretty deep, but it's my understanding that carpet females sometimes probe pretty deep... more than other snakes that probe 2-3 scales... I'm more of a chondro/emerald guy and those are no brainers to probe.

Ravensgait might be stopping by my place this weekend to help me probe them. He has more experience with carpets than me...

I like the one with the less black on it's head... that's the one with the tiger stripes... but I still like both...

Old 10-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #8
Mooing Tricycle
id say keep em. theyre some great looking snakes!!!!

Old 10-04-2006, 10:44 PM   #9
DanRC30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
id say keep em. theyre some great looking snakes!!!!
Thanks! I plan on keeping them... unless someone offers me a trade I just can't resist of course...

Old 10-05-2006, 12:30 AM   #10
INSANE CANES
Awesome looking carpets.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!