filter problem - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:31 PM   #1
mouse
filter problem

hi
we changed filters 3 times already...not counting changing filter cartridges. one seemed to not clean right, then hubby bought a filter/pump that made so many bubbles all my fish went haywire and tried to get away (it was attached to a undergravel filter). now we got a airpump attached to the under gravel filter, but the tank turns icky real quick...so we attached another airpump...hopefully it works better now.
question my hubby got is...how would an airpump help clean the tank with the undergravel filter...he said it would only pump air not pull the debris down past the gravel.
dianne

Old 12-07-2004, 11:18 PM   #2
ZaireBlue
filter,

Well first of all i woul dneed to know a littl emore about your tank as to the size before i can comment about what filtration system is right an dwhat you have in there, from what i can tell you are just using the UGF with air on the lift tubes, you can place a PH(powerhead) on them to do the same thing, but i would like to help you out if you can tell me what fish you plan on keep or have in gthe tank, because some fish like to dig and if that is the case you need to do some other things. Thanks Carl

check this site out
www.cichlid-forum.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!