our first calf born here! pics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 03-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
our first calf born here! pics

Cookie did it! She gave us our first calf born here this morning! A bull calf and he looks strong and healthy as far as I can tell! Woo Hoo!

He looks strong and healthy~ but not a drop of white on him. None at all.....
I bought her already pregnant and running with this bull...what are the chances he's the daddy if the baby has NO white on him?

Old 03-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
Melinda
Awwww, he's so cute!! I saw a tiny clip on the news about these new "oreo" cows. What's the details on them?

Old 03-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Just a belted Galloway~ I don't know a lot about them but that they are supposed to be a good dual purpose breed (meat and dairy) and that I got an opportunity to buy Cookie for a good price and borrow that bull to use on my other two heifers (dairy cross heifers).

Borrowing the bull was a MUCH better deal than buying him~ and I'm hoping to keep him long enough to breed Cookie back in a couple months before I have to return him (if I ever figure out how to get him out of my pasture that is!)

Old 03-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
ms_ramie22
Awe.. calving season... yeah, it is here... We have 100 head to calve out which wouldn't be so bad if the temps were up above 10 degrees!!! Which means we HAVE to be there when they are born. Lucky me.. I get the night shift!!!

Old 03-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
LOL! 100! I have 3 heifers~ or I guess since Cookie calved today I have two heifers and a cow!

Old 03-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #6
FosterHerpetological
I plan on getting a small group(5-10) of these when I get a little older and more well off, well when I get finished with college finally lol. Belteds are by far my favorites, amazing animals, good job!

Old 03-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM View Post
LOL! 100! I have 3 heifers~ or I guess since Cookie calved today I have two heifers and a cow!
Congratulations on your little cutie!!!

Old 03-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM View Post
what are the chances he's the daddy if the baby has NO white on him?
It's a new morph! He's melanistic!

(Congrats!)

Old 03-08-2011, 11:18 PM   #9
lauraleellbp
Congrats!!

We used to have a few cows and lots of dairy calves when I was a kid... good memories!

Old 03-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #10
ratkingrodents
If she wasn't exposed to any other bulls then he has to be the father LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!