Interesting info about the F.I.R.E. show - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 10-31-2002, 12:04 PM   #1
WebSlave
Since many of you were not at the Columbia, SC show, you did not see this interesting bit or information Tony included in the vendor packet:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
Dear vendors,
Thank you very much for the information, concerns you expressed to me last week about the rumors that Lauren was copycating my expo, was going to do another show at my venue &nbsp;prior to mine. I just found out who was behind this and want to tell you that it was not Lauren but another show promoter attempting to copycat my expo and confuse everyone in the industry and to backstab me. Fortunately they were not allowed to book at the Expo Center since I am already there and the expo centre felt it would not be good to book another reptile expo when I already had my reptile expo booked there. I have also spoken extensively to Lauren this past week about a concept that I feel would benefit her, myself and you as a vendor. I proposed to Lauren, and we have tentatively agreed that I will lease her a room on the upper level of the Expo Centre where she will hold an alternative and exotic animal show. &nbsp;On one floor of the expo Centre on May 31st and June 1st will be the reptile expo and on another floor will be her alternative pet show.
It will be &nbsp;two &nbsp;completely independent shows, each with its own admission, maybe we will offer customers a package admission price to both shows. The reptile expo will have no exotics or mammals of any kind and Lauren's exotic animal show will have no reptiles. &nbsp;It will be two completely separate shows, one weekend, same venue, 2 promoters marketing, advertising, drawing people to the same city, venue on the same weekend. &nbsp;Customers whos only interest is reptiles go to my reptile expo. Customers whos only interest is exotics go to Lauren show on the floor above. Customers with interest in both reptile and exotics attend both shows in the same building. I believe this concept will be a big draw nationally and hopefully the camaraderie that will result from Lauren and I, &nbsp;the two of &nbsp;us as show promoters working together, working things out for the benefit of everyone in the industry, will be noticed and set an example to other show promoters that feel they have to resort to intimidation, dirty &nbsp;political bullying and backstabbing as the only way they can protect their self interest. &nbsp;Lauren's and my actions, &nbsp;and the results will prove them wrong!

Tony Cueto
Show Director
(919) 496-7872
Carolina Reptile &amp; Exotic Animal Show, Columbia S.C.
Carolina Reptile &amp; Exotic Animal Show, Raleigh
Florida International Reptile Show, Tampa
Atlanta Reptile &amp; Exotic Animal Show, Georgia
Website for the above shows www.reptileandexoticanimalshow.com
Florida International Reptile Expo, F.I.R.E. ,Orlando
www.orlandoreptileexpo.com
(919) 496-7872, (813) 786-9320
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Old 10-31-2002, 12:10 PM   #2
Neil Gubitz
Tony.... GOOD FOR YOU!... and, Rich.... Thanks for the heads-up.... very interesting read....

....Neil

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!