Info Kristian Latta/klatta_234@yahoo.com Misinformed or Misleading? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:51 AM   #1
Abby
Kristian Latta/klatta_234@yahoo.com Misinformed or Misleading?

Feb 15th 2011 I was browsing Hoobly & came across an ad selling an adult female Pastel (possibly Pastave) Ball Python for $600. Upon inspection of the photo in the ad I determined the snake couldn't possibly be either, but emailed the seller anyway to see if I could 1) get more pictures and 2) inform them since it could be a beginner's mistake. Through email correspondence, I received 2 more photos of the snake - as I thought before, the snake appears to be completely normal.

I responded explaining the snake was not a Pastel (or Pastave) & appeared to be a Normal Ball Python. I also sent a few photos of true Pastels to help him see the difference on his own. I knew he was online as he had just responded to me before, but after my 2nd email he never responded. I figured I'd give it a few days to make a decision on whether or not to bring it to the BOI.

Yesterday (Feb 19th) I decided to email him again through Hoobly to make sure he did indeed get my 2nd email. Within an hour he had responded, claiming I am wrong about the snake. At this point I am feeling this needs to be brought here to make people aware that this could possibly be a scam. I responded to him & we've had a few back & forth's which I am posting screenshots of below.

**I want to make this clear that I am not accusing Latta of being a scammer. He may very well just be a beginner or someone not keen on morphs yet. I just feel that either way, this needs to be brought to the public's attention.

Screenshots

The original ad - link here: http://www.hoobly.com/0/0/1618756.html

photo from the ad

additional photos he sent (screenshot of the page) - 1st link here: http://tinypic.com/r/11253b5/7

2nd link here: http://tinypic.com/r/24njt6u/7

Emails:

from here on out the seller gets a bit hostile, which gives me a bad feeling on the entire deal.

That is all for now. If I do receive more information pertaining to this thread I will post more.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:13 AM   #2
PAVLOVK1025
o0o LINK HER! DO IT!

Old 02-20-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVLOVK1025 View Post
o0o LINK HER! DO IT!
Done

Old 02-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
hhmoore
A breeder with more than 10 yrs experience that wishes he could afford a pastave? :rolf:

Old 02-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
hhmoore
Darned phone - that was supposed to be rofl, and look like this

Old 02-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
A breeder with more than 10 yrs experience that wishes he could afford a pastave? :rolf:
In that remark he was actually mocking the 10 years I said I had, and then in the next breath mentioned a breeder (unknown experience) saying they wished they could afford a Pastave. Of course, I think I'd be looking elsewhere if a "breeder" thought the snake in question was a Pastave. That person either has really bad eyes, or no experience with morphs

Old 02-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
garweft
I like the last part where they say they wish you'd quit being a patrol officer god for the herp community.....lol

I guess that would make it easier to lie to unknowing people.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #8
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
I like the last part where they say they wish you'd quit being a patrol officer god for the herp community.....lol

I guess that would make it easier to lie to unknowing people.
LOL, exactly!

Old 02-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #9
klattaclarinet
This is why I didn't know her exact genetics...because the guy who sold her to me was actually selling two pastels, as he claimed, which I bought for 200.

Thanks, Abigail, for violating my wishes and making this ad more public than I originally cared for.

Seeing as how I do not have the time for multiple responses / discussions in a large public community about the apparent genetics of the snake, I would appreciate it if no one contacted me about her unless a purchase is the intent of the other party.

Thanks, FC!

-Latta

Old 02-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
klattaclarinet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
In that remark he was actually mocking the 10 years I said I had, and then in the next breath mentioned a breeder (unknown experience) saying they wished they could afford a Pastave. Of course, I think I'd be looking elsewhere if a "breeder" thought the snake in question was a Pastave. That person either has really bad eyes, or no experience with morphs

...or they would simply be able to note the obvious relationship between her and the one linked in the picture - even if she has browned out with age.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...1&d=1235165764

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!